Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find him and Kent infuriatingly annoying. Hooper wouldn't know what a scoop was if he fell over one and broke his nose. How he got to his position and stays there beggars belief.

He’s got to be a friend of a friend to be there surely. There are a hundred rugby league journalists better than him and that’s saying something because league journalists in general are already under the scrapes at the bottom of the barrel.

If I remember rightly his kicking was never anything flash, he was just the only kicker we had at the time.

He didn't get a lot of practice short range kicking for us. That is something he has improved on playing for STI. He's also still doing the long range kicking from dummy half and finding grass most of the time.

He didn't get a lot of practice short range kicking for us. That is something he has improved on playing for STI. He's also still doing the long range kicking from dummy half and finding grass most of the time.
He's a seriously good Dummy Half already and that's all happened while he's only sporadically been playing there and hasn't even taken up a full preseason in the role yet.

They're winning games and their Halves are Clune and Norman who are probably balanced out by Milford and Dearden only our Halves probably have greater upside. That alone gives you an indication of how good Hunt is going at moving the side around the park from Dummy Half.

Last edited:
Brian Edwards got him to the Raiders when he was 13. Edwards is now at the Broncos. They're great mates.

I also assume that Papa is still good mates with Milf.

I'd love to get Papalii up here, he's exactly what we need in the middle. A combination of Papalii, Haas & Carrigan can win us a comp in the next 5 years, as long as we build correctly around them.

I'd love to get Papalii up here, he's exactly what we need in the middle. A combination of Papalii, Haas & Carrigan can win us a comp in the next 5 years, as long as we build correctly around them.
Stuart only a week ago was saying Papalii would retire as one of the club's all time greats and that he was looking to put a deal in place to make him a Raider for life.

Seems like it'd be long odds that he was going anywhere if that's what the Raiders are thinking.

Stuart only a week ago was saying Papalii would retire as one of the club's all time greats and that he was looking to put a deal in place to make him a Raider for life.

Seems like it'd be long odds that he was going anywhere if that's what the Raiders are thinking.

Didn't Stuart also say that Milford was going nowhere multiple times?

I find it very hard to believe we are willing to let Staggs and Coates test themselves on the open market.

absolutely.....not grounded in any sense whatsoever...

I find him and Kent infuriatingly annoying. Hooper wouldn't know what a scoop was if he fell over one and broke his nose. How he got to his position and stays there beggars belief.
Agree. They both talked over the top of Lara Pitt last night when she was a making a good point about Madge and linking it to his time at Souths and similar issues.
They both tried to talk her down. I thought she was clearly pissed at the way it unfolded.

That’s what worries me most about this potential move.

Most preseasons Milford comes back looking like Papa. If Papa starts hanging out with Milford on a daily basis, he’s likely to come back looking like he ate Mark Hunt.

That’s what worries me most about this potential move.

Most preseasons Milford comes back looking like Papa. If Papa starts hanging out with Milford on a daily basis, he’s likely to come back looking like he ate Mark Hunt.
Most pre seasons milf was injured, tbf this season he was in great shape because he got a full pre season in.

Agree. They both talked over the top of Lara Pitt last night when she was a making a good point about Madge and linking it to his time at Souths and similar issues.
They both tried to talk her down. I thought she was clearly pissed at the way it unfolded.

She definitely seems a class above Hooper and Kent on that show that's for sure. I'd love a segment with her and Read, they both seem quite classy for the usual journalist rubbish running around reporting on the NRL.

She definitely seems a class above Hooper and Kent on that show that's for sure. I'd love a segment with her and Read, they both seem quite classy for the usual journalist rubbish running around reporting on the NRL.
Lara Pitt is one of the best journos on Fox IMO. It's a shame tossers like Hooper and Crawley get more air time.

Last edited:

Take away the fact that what Lara was saying was correct I was actually amazed at how disrespectful they were being to her, in this day and age I am shocked that that could happen. It was that bad I reckon Kent was a minute away from saying "Quiet down sweetheart the men are talking".

Take away the fact that what Lara was saying was correct I was actually amazed at how disrespectful they were being to her, in this day and age I am shocked that that could happen. It was that bad I reckon Kent was a minute away from saying "Quiet down sweetheart the men are talking".

Kent pulled the same performance with her a couple of weeks back. He's a disrespectful piece of shit.

Most pre seasons milf was injured, tbf this season he was in great shape because he got a full pre season in.
You’re right, he was in much better shape to start this season.

And I don’t want to go into it too much, as it’s definitely been discussed on this forum a lot over the last few preseasons, but I don’t accept a busted shoulder as an excuse coming back looking like your stomach is a cup of pudding.

That’s more the focus for my concern about Papa hanging out with Milford - he’s hardly the poster boy for dedication and sacrifice.

But I will just leave it at that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • kiwi2
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dash
  • TimWhatley
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • bb_gun
  • Brocko
  • Mustafur
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • Aldo
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.