Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I suppose if he goes he goes...
Sorry, reminded me of this (which could also be used in the thread talking about Opacic’s Dad!)
1418470F C62D 4935 958D 40AC6CADC9B5

You can't carry forward any underspend into the next season, but you can use being well under the cap to front load players' contracts and free up cap space down the line.
Frontloading brings it's own risks

I'd love to keep Oates as a number 17 or depth but not a winger anymore. It will be sad if he leaves but good in another way in that it might mean this club will move on from the broken 2015 generation. It is also another reason I'm not sure Joffa and Milf will ever make it back at this club. Hopefully Walters can work some magic.

It is actually crazy how fast that 2015 generation has disappeared now. The only ones left are Joffa, Glenn, Oates, Milf and Macca.

I'd love to keep Oates as a number 17 or depth but not a winger anymore. It will be sad if he leaves but good in another way in that it might mean this club will move on from the broken 2015 generation. It is also another reason I'm not sure Joffa and Milf will ever make it back at this club. Hopefully Walters can work some magic.

It is actually crazy how fast that 2015 generation has disappeared now. The only ones left are Joffa, Glenn, Oates, Milf and Macca.
Oates was atrocious this year, and no amount of shit coaching explains why he’s developed bricks for hands. A lot of players went backwards under Seibold but a winger being unable to catch a ball can’t blame that on the coach.

Maybe you’re right and he can be alright off the bench as a second row but he isn’t worth his money and we have other younger cheaper guys coming through who are already better bench options than Oates such as Riki and Bullemor.

Dobbo (i know) saying on TripleM tonight that he thinks Oates wont be at Red Hill next season [emoji848]
Fingers crossed! I always liked Oates but what I've seen over the last 2 seasons looks to me like a player that's washed up, not just horribly out of form.

If we signed Kevvie, Bellamy and the Storm CEO and released Oates and Ofa that'd be a damn good start to turning this train-wreck around.

Oates leaving in my eyes is a positive. The bloke seems to think he is entitled to everything and that’s what needs to change. He seems to focus more on his media career then footy. He sooks when not selected and wonders why when all he seems to be able to do is continually drop the ball.
Cya mate.

Signings we could make to boost our side without getting ahead off ourselves

Cameron Smith
Bevan French
Aaron Pene
Connor Watson (as a fullback)
Caleb Aekins
Benji Marshall (unlikely I reckon Kev will stick with milford)
Tex Hoy (not off contract but a guaranteed starting spot could be to hard to turn down)
Whatever happened to bevan french?

Remember, this bloke was one of the leading posters who wanted us to play all the kids. That worked out brilliantly.

You harassed me for suggesting the signing of Fogarty.. before we signed Croft.

Maybe "the kids" would have done better this year if we had Fogarty in the halves.

Last edited:
When you make a signing you are actually signing more than just a player to the roster. You are signing a person. We need better people in the squad. We signed Croft instead of Fogarty when Fogarty was clearly the more experienced person. Technically he was also a more experienced player because of all the games he had played in reserve grade. Croft was more so just a nice name that management and fans liked the look of on the team sheet.

Last edited:
When you make a signing you are actually signing more than just a player to the roster. You are signing a person. We need better people in the squad. We signed Croft instead of Fogarty when Fogarty was clearly the more experienced person. Technically he was also a more experienced player because of all the games he had played in reserve grade. Croft was more so just a nice name that management and fans liked the look of on the team sheet.

You're acting like Fogarty was Thurston this year ...

the fact is he did enough to take the pressure off Taylor to allow him to shine. Fogarty on his own wasn't anything special. Hell, if he was playing for us this year, then his career would have been over before it got started.

Fogarty finished:

24th in Try Assists (same number as Darius Boyd had)
23rd in Line Break Assists
outside the top 50 in Line Breaks
outside the top 50 for tries

Croft for the money we paid was worth the gamble, he still could be good value if Kevvie can work some magic.

Croft for the money we paid was worth the gamble, he still could be good value if Kevvie can work some magic.
I feel significantly better about Croft's prospects with Walters on board. That would only increase if you added Bellamy too.

Croft was horrible this year, no doubt about it, but honestly, we've been happy to give a lot of other guys an apparent free pass for their 2020 form because of the Coach so I don't see why Croft isn't afforded any of the same leverage as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncos4life
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Fitzy
  • sooticus
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • Sproj
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Strop
  • Aldo
  • Cavalo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.