OFFICIAL Broncos Sourced Player Movement and Confirmed Signings - Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never wanted to sign Lodge - No matter how good he was or wasn't going to be

People are in denial if they don't think Lindsay Collins at the Broncos would be better than Lodge or Ofahengaue.

Anyway... It doesn't have to be Lindsay Collins.. We could just sign the next player that is bound to be playing origin for QLD soon.

Darryn Schonig looks good.. Why not plan to sign him?

You wanna sign everyone

According to the list on NRL.com,

Coates
Dearden
Staggs
Flegler

All essentially free agents now.
Yeah if the comp could focus on Staggs so we can hurry up and re-sign Kelly ffs that would be great.

Last edited:
I’m a Lodge apologist but I honestly don’t think he was ever that good. Definitely not 700k for a prop level good.
It happened because the Broncos have a weak mindset.

"Quick! Lock our big forwards up on big contracts otherwise other clubs will poach them!!!!"

Kyle Flanagan is really good, but Roosters won't miss him at all. Keighran is a quality young half.

It happened because the Broncos have a weak mindset.

"Quick! Lock our big forwards up on big contracts otherwise other clubs will poach them!!!!"
closer to the truth than we want to admit.

back in the day we held the cards, so we never rushed into anything, yeah son go check out the free market, come back to us when you'll take 1/3 off your asking price because you wanna compete for premierships

nowadays its **** x player is off contract, we'd better sign him up asap in case Roosters/Bulldogs/Clubs with cash go after him. offer him something that'll make him stay and let's just get it sorted.

we have no clout.

According to the list on NRL.com,

Coates
Dearden
Staggs
Flegler

All essentially free agents now.
Am extremely confident Sprojie that Staggs is not going anywhere. He'll be with us for at least the next 3 years 😊

closer to the truth than we want to admit.

back in the day we held the cards, so we never rushed into anything, yeah son go check out the free market, come back to us when you'll take 1/3 off your asking price because you wanna compete for premierships

nowadays its **** x player is off contract, we'd better sign him up asap in case Roosters/Bulldogs/Clubs with cash go after him. offer him something that'll make him stay and let's just get it sorted.

we have no clout.
I feel like we should get this mind set back into the club and cut whatever losses we have to.

The main thing is you should be at the Broncos because you want to play for the Broncos, not because they are the club that offered the most money. If you want to leave because the Broncos can't pay you what you want, you can leave.

Last edited:
Am extremely confident Sprojie that Staggs is not going anywhere. He'll be with us for at least the next 3 years 😊
the devil is in the detail; what type of contract, what type of clauses etc...

Andrew McCullough returns to honour his '21 commitment.
Rhys Kennedy re-signed till '22.

No word on Gamble, Luke, Bullemor or Kennar just yet but they're all tipped to stay.

Broncos are in for another long year.

Can't blame Macca for it but can certainly blame the club for not thrashing out a better release the first time around.

yeah andrew leave for 12 months and come back if no one else wants you.

To give Macca some credit we could have done with his workrate and defense through the middle this year.
I actually think his stock went up by not playing with us. We saw that while he's average, he's better than he's been performing for us and that's probably a coaching issue.

I still wouldn't want him as my starting hooker tho.

No word on Gamble, Luke, Bullemor or Kennar just yet but they're all tipped to stay.

Only one of those is good news - Bullemor. The rest are plodders and in the case of Macca, a plodder on a lot of money.

i havent seen anything to suggest re signing kennedy

I should revise this.

I doubt Luke stays now that McCullough's return has been confirmed. There were reports he had been offered a one-year extension, but surely that's been dashed now they have Macca, Turpin and Paix on their books.

That leaves 3 spots in the NRL squad and 6 in development.

It could be more if a few releases go through which is a genuine possibility.
i havent seen anything to suggest re signing kennedy

NRL.com just posted all the official 2021 squads. Kennedy is there signed till '22. That was the only real news to come out of the squad, McCullough was known ahead of time but made official today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mystico
  • Brocko
  • Lurker
  • sooticus
  • whykickamoocow
  • GCBRONCO
  • The Don
  • Spoon
  • Cavalo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mister Wright
  • LittleDavey
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.