Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone has said Tomkins isn't a good player AP. You still need talent and speed to carve up in the ESL like he does.

What people are saying is that he isn't worth a $1 million /year gamble, for someone who hasn't played a single game in a competition where he won't be getting the space and worthless defence he is used to from most ESL teams. Big difference!

I've come to the conclusion after how we've performed this year that we'll have to pay overs for ANYONE we get, if we do get Barba (Purely because he wants to move to QLD and be with his kids, not because he wants to go from a premiership contender to a non-top 8 side) we'll have to pay probably $5m over 4 years or something for him to come.

2014 - $1m
2015 - $1.2m
2016 - $1.4m
2017 - $1.4m

Sounds about right.

Unlikely due to the reason he would be leaving the Bulldogs. Apparently his asking price is 700k a season. He won't leave the Bulldogs early unless his kids move to QLD, so we would be able to get him for top that amount. Especially as the other 2 qld clubs don't have the room for him.

Unlikely due to the reason he would be leaving the Bulldogs. Apparently his asking price is 700k a season. He won't leave the Bulldogs early unless his kids move to QLD, so we would be able to get him for top that amount. Especially as the other 2 qld clubs don't have the room for him.

Nobody knows his asking price, the Dogs could offer him more than that to try and persuade him to stay, which of course we would have to beat to acquire him.

I don't know how Barba is thinking, obviously, but it almost seems to me like this whole "I want to move back to Queensland, if my ex-partner does" is a ploy to start a bidding war between Queensland teams and the Bulldogs, he didn't have to make that public, if it was truly an issue he would've taken it up with the Bulldogs management and nobody else, letting them know that IF she does decide to move that he will ask for a release.

The way it's been played out in the public eye makes it look like to me he's doing it to get a pay rise.

I hope I'm proven wrong and he does move up here for a reasonable price, mind you, I really want him.

I don't think anyone has said Tomkins isn't a good player AP. You still need talent and speed to carve up in the ESL like he does.

What people are saying is that he isn't worth a $1 million /year gamble, for someone who hasn't played a single game in a competition where he won't be getting the space and worthless defence he is used to from most ESL teams. Big difference!

Exactly what I was saying

Well he will play us twice and the Eels at least once so he'll get it in at least 3 games.

I just hope bookies share all your opinions on Sam. I can't wait to back him for Dally M!

When do you guys reakon Prince will announce his retirement?

Well he will play us twice and the Eels at least once so he'll get it in at least 3 games.

I just hope bookies share all your opinions on Sam. I can't wait to back him for Dally M!

What about St Merge, Tigers, Penrith and Canberra away games? There's a fair few games where he'll get the time and space to shine.

I mean FFS, Brommie went straight through our defence, Tomkins would have had a field day.
I'm going to put a bet on Tomkins too. I seriously can't wait to see him in the NRL, it's exciting to steal a star from another competition.

... If you don't have any luck finding a book that offers that, I'll gladly frame you a market ... you can pretty much name your price and I'll accept it

Last edited:
Geez I hope Locke comes next year with SJ following the year after. If 99% of fans can see we need these two positions surely the club can.

I would take Fisiiahi over Locke I think he has a little bit extra to offer than Locke although they are both exciting and both better than anything we have had at fullback since Hunt.

If we get Barba we won't go after Locke.

Yeah either or Buzz but Locke is of contract this year and fish has a year or so to go I think.

Foordy, I'm not entirely sold on Barba coming. Would be great if he did but of course, as per all rumours I will believe it when I see it. I'm pretty sure it would be to late to go for Locke (if a play hasn't already been made) if Barba doesn't end up here. All I knows is that we need a FB next year, Hoffman has showed he is best utilised on the sting.

I don't think Wallace is leaving so I would expect SJ will most likely stay a warrior with Penrith the second most likely as they have already nominated him as a target. This is why I think Wallace has rejected Penrith

Interesting article in the Australian linking us with Frank-Paul Nu'uausala, along with Barba and Shillington. Haven't taken much notice of the Roosters matches, so not sure what to make of this if it is true. I think he has been switching between prop and lock, so maybe could be ok I guess??

"Test props David Shillington and Frank-Paul Nu'uausala have been mooted as possible additions, and on top of this week's signing of young Roosters hitman Lama Tasi they would provide the necessary depth up front to allow skipper Sam Thaiday to revert to his more favoured position in the backrow."

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Interesting article in the Australian linking us with Frank-Paul Nu'uausala, along with Barba and Shillington. Haven't taken much notice of the Roosters matches, so not sure what to make of this if it is true. I think he has been switching between prop and lock, so maybe could be ok I guess??

"Test props David Shillington and Frank-Paul Nu'uausala have been mooted as possible additions, and on top of this week's signing of young Roosters hitman Lama Tasi they would provide the necessary depth up front to allow skipper Sam Thaiday to revert to his more favoured position in the backrow."

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

If only.

Football management must be hearing the social media message loud and clear

Last edited:
If we did get Barba, Marshall and Shillington, I'd say we'd be a premiership contender.
Not really, Barba could go walkabout again, Marshall would be passing the ball to the 3rd row in the crowd and Shillington would get lazier as time goes bye. Those three would be a disaster waiting to happen.

I admire the effort you put into the post, makes for some interested reading but there's not a chance in the world Barba would come for 400. No way. Not even a chance.

We could maybe afford Barba and Shillo but no way can we afford Barba, Shillo and Marshall IMO, unless we ditch 2 solid first graders...
That would really deplet our side.

When do you guys reakon Prince will announce his retirement?
About 4 years ago I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • cento
  • Turky Murky
  • BroncosMan
  • Fozz
  • Redfern_1980
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • johnny plath
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Financeguy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dexter
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • Aldo
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.