Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
eels are chasing peats.

should be us. he is good and worthy of a starting hooker role in the nrl.
if we were serious about improving our team we'd be all over peats. he will leave souths, no doubt, as he gets all of 10 minutes max a game with luke there.

St. George Illawarra 2014 are basically the side everybody on here wanted.

Will be VERY interested to see how they perform next year.
Just means we have to wait a year (and another season of likely poor performance) to say I told you so. :001_tt2:

Dragons may have taken a risk with a reasonably untested Williams, but at least they are only locked in for a season.
They are taking a risk that Widdop will still be a standout without the Big 3 around him
They have taken a risk that Dugan will keep his mind on football and stay off social media.

The risk they dont have to worry about is the one to hope for different results without changing anything.

They have recruited in areas they realise they are not competitive and good luck to them.

Have they recruited well? time will tell but i already know of a few Dragons supporters in my circle of League fans that are way more excited for next season than i am at the moment lol.

AP said:
if we were serious about improving our team we'd be all over peats.

This is something else we should revisit in 2014.

souths apparently are interested in releasing him to free up cap.

he's an excellent player.

Theoretically he and Widdop should go well together. It sucks we didn't even consider him though, a better and cheaper version of Lollace.

Nothing, but NOTHING great ever happens unless one is prepared to take risks

To everyone who thinks it's too much to pay Tomkins 1mil or that Barba is too risky. We have been involved in 9 games this year decided by 10pts or less and we've won 2 of them. That's 14 competition points that were within our grasp that we failed to grab, and we are only in Round 18. And you think paying big money to a gamebreaker is a risk? Think again.

Us being rumoured to be chasing Ryan Bailey has popped up again on twitter. Yeah more forwards will fix our problems not that I would say no to another prop.

To everyone who thinks it's too much to pay Tomkins 1mil or that Barba is too risky. We have been involved in 9 games this year decided by 10pts or less and we've won 2 of them. That's 14 competition points that were within our grasp that we failed to grab, and we are only in Round 18. And you think paying big money to a gamebreaker is a risk? Think again.

You really don't get it.

I get it just fine, because I understand that proven, well behaved superstars don't want to play for us at below market rates.

No you don't get it. $1 million is for your blue chip NRL players. Tomkins isn't that and either is Barba. Throwing around money to players not capable of being what we need will not save us now.

Barba not a blue chip player? Right, because all he did last year was score 22 tries with 22 try assists, win a Dally M and led his team to a grand final. We should be so lucky to sign such a player.

What you also fail to get is that there is NO RISK in paying the money. At best our team is worth 70% of the cap, and is like being paid 85% of it at most. There are no prizes for being under the cap, so there is no point being so far under.

Whatever, I'm sure Tomkins will be awesome for the Warriors

Last edited:
But we can't sign any of them.

So we can either stay 1mil under the cap with our mediocre roster and hope for Ashley Taylor to be good in 2 years, or we can take a chance on someone. It's not like it's going to cost us in the future, we have so much deadwood to free up space and Hodges' impending retirement that there's plenty of more cap space freeing up in the future.

Not the point. You pay a player what he is worth not what you've got to spend.

Not the point. You pay a player what he is worth not what you've got to spend.

Problem with that is that there are always other clubs willing to pay overs for players, so effectively you never get your man if you pay them what they're worth. This is what has happened with the Broncos. Sometimes you need to pay a bit more than what you want to, especially if you are re-building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Street Talk
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • mieko
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • LGH
  • Ondi
  • broncsgoat
  • mrtij
  • Gaz
  • Culhwch
  • Dexter
  • Astro
  • marw
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.