Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's official.

We're the Brisbane Eels.

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb!

True. They give those dally m things to everyone... They are kinda like the participation ribbon had running carnivals yeah?

EDIT: Baiting

Last edited by a moderator:
AFAIK, the club can help him find a 3rd party sponsorship as long as the club does not have any affiliation with the sponsor then it's not included as part of the cap. Powerade or Gatorade (the ones who sponsored Folau) might get on board for Barba. We don't have any marketable superstars in our team so he's not competing with anyone for the sponsorship dollars.

No they can't be arranged by the club at all. If they're sponsors or the club plays a part in arranging them then they're under the cap.

Arranged by you/manager can be limitless.

No they can't be arranged by the club at all. If they're sponsors or the club plays a part in arranging them then they're under the cap.

Arranged by you/manager can be limitless.
Doesn't read that way to me.
NRL Salary Cap - NRL.com

The basic guide is that if a player is receiving money from any person as a way of inducing him to play for the club, then that money will be included in the Salary Cap..Income that a player earns from parties not related to his club is generally not included in the Salary Cap, however, the details of the agreement must be advised to the club by the player. The club must then get approval for the agreement from the Salary Cap Auditor in order for the remuneration to be excluded.

I distinctly remember St George finding 3rd party sponsorships for Gasnier and that deal fell through which is what made him quit.

Based on the wording, as long as the club do not assure the outcome of the 3rd party sponsorships and the sponsorships are not a way of making him play for the club AND the sponsors are not in any way affiliated with the club then as long as it's all approved by Schubert it's good to go.

Last edited:
Some more information to go with what I'm saying.
Third Party Agreements

Third party agreements are payments made by companies directly to players. There is no restriction on the amount a player can earn through third party agreements where he is being paid for his own intellectual property, without the need to employ club logos or names and where the company involved is neither a club sponsor nor are they acting on behalf of a club to secure the player’s services. An example of this is a player promoting a brand or product, for example, Billy Slater and Australian Bananas.
Many players do have third party agreements that are outside the salary cap. Individual players have registered third party agreements totalling in excess of $7.5 million in 2011.
All third party agreements must be registered and approved beforehand. This is to ensure that they do not become a way for clubs or players to use sponsors or third parties to undermine the salary cap. There are provisions for club sponsors to enter into agreements with elite players and for details see the Marquee Player Allowance section.

Doesn't read that way to me.
NRL Salary Cap - NRL.com

I distinctly remember St George finding 3rd party sponsorships for Gasnier and that deal fell through which is what made him quit.

Based on the wording, as long as the club do not assure the outcome of the 3rd party sponsorships and the sponsorships are not a way of making him play for the club AND the sponsors are not in any way affiliated with the club then as long as it's all approved by Schubert it's good to go.
Club sponsor third party agreement, still part of cap included in marquee player allowance.

Even if he is coming, we could do worse, he isn't starting material, but he could be useful off the bench for a bit of mongrel..

14. Gillett
15. L.Tasi
16. R.Bailey
17. Hala

That's a bench.

Club sponsor third party agreement, still part of cap included in marquee player allowance.
What I'm saying is, if basically the club works with the manager to point them in the right direction of getting 3rd party sponsorships, not actually be involved in the signing part of it.

I'm sure Rusty organised that for Inglis and that was all approved.

What I'm saying is, if basically the club works with the manager to point them in the right direction of getting 3rd party sponsorships, not actually be involved in the signing part of it.

I'm sure Rusty organised that for Inglis and that was all approved.
Has to be at arms length, which is hard to prove, but generally if they are legitimate third party deals they will follow the player regardless of which club he plays for, so playing for Brisbane shouldn't give him an advantage in that regard.

Has to be at arms length, which is hard to prove, but generally if they are legitimate third party deals they will follow the player regardless of which club he plays for, so playing for Brisbane shouldn't give him an advantage in that regard.
But what about when Inglis was going to sign for us and he was going to be the indigenous ambassador? That to me was clearly a deal of "Play for this club and this is the deal you'll get".

I think it's a grey area, I can recall a fair few times in the past where a club has helped out with finding 3rd party deals for players.

But what about when Inglis was going to sign for us and he was going to be the indigenous ambassador? That to me was clearly a deal of "Play for this club and this is the deal you'll get".

I think it's a grey area, I can recall a fair few times in the past where a club has helped out with finding 3rd party deals for players.
It is a grey area, which clubs exploit, if you're referring to the redfern AMS it ended up being included in souths cap because Schubert determined it was on the proviso he played for South Sydney. That's why it took so long to register his contract and why they were forced to offload champion.

Well regardless, whether we find them or not I can't imagine Barba's manager struggling to find the deals without any "obvious" help from the club. He's a highly marketable star in a market with no competition. That's if the signing happens of course, I'm not counting my chickens until it does.

Well regardless, whether we find them or not I can't imagine Barba's manager struggling to find the deals without any "obvious" help from the club. He's a highly marketable star in a market with no competition. That's if the signing happens of course, I'm not counting my chickens until it does.
He already has deals in place which he should hold onto regardless of what club he may end up at.

He already has deals in place which he should hold onto regardless of what club he may end up at.
Well I can only imagine he'll get more in Brisbane. Sydney has a lot of star players to hog the $.

I know he isn't fashionable but we could do a lot worse than Luke Walsh at 7. He has a clause in his new deal that he can leave the ESL if he gets a offer to come back to the NRL. He has one of the game's best kicking games and an underrated passing and running game. Compared to Wallace and Prince he is a Rolls Royce.

I know he isn't fashionable but we could do a lot worse than Luke Walsh at 7. He has a clause in his new deal that he can leave the ESL if he gets a offer to come back to the NRL. He has one of the game's best kicking games and an underrated passing and running game. Compared to Wallace and Prince he is a Rolls Royce.

I watched a game a few weeks ago where he was absolutely dominant, I agree he's better than both of our halves, but that receding hair line is hard to look at.. let it go Luke.. it's for the greater good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Aldo
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Culhwch
  • kman
  • Dexter
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • mrtij
  • Gaz
  • Lurker
  • bert_lifts
  • maddo
  • Cavalo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Reds2011
  • Ondi
  • broncos4life
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.