Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we're entering the market for a halfback we might as well sign somebody who has the talent to deliver us a premiership. Hate to break it to you, but that isn't Hodkinson.

I'd love for you to tell me who you think could deliver us a premiership in 2014 that's a free agent, Williams and Hodkinson might not set the world on fire, but they're upgrades, and they probably would've taken us to the top 8, where anything can happen.. With Prince and Wallace, I think we'll be odds on favourites to miss the finals again next year.

2014 is a write-off season because we made no attempts earlier on in the season to sign off-contract halves, and now we're going to pay for it. Probably for at least the next 18 months.

Williams is the only one you've mentioned that would have been worth looking at.......IMO.

I'd love for you to tell me who you think could deliver us a premiership in 2014 that's a free agent, Williams and Hodkinson might not set the world on fire, but they're upgrades, and they probably would've taken us to the top 8, where anything can happen.. With Prince and Wallace, I think we'll be odds on favourites to miss the finals again next year.

2014 is a write-off season because we made no attempts earlier on in the season to sign off-contract halves, and now we're going to pay for it. Probably for at least the next 18 months.

Hodgekinson et al are slight upgrades. We are not in need of just slight improvement, so these guys are a waste of money IMO.

Hodgekinson et al are slight upgrades. We are not in need of just slight improvement, so these guys are a waste of money IMO.

Waste of money? We're going to be under the cap by over $1m next season, unless we sign Barba (Looking about 50/50 at the moment, maybe less), signing Williams for $250k on a 1 year deal, wouldn't have been a waste of money at all, in fact, it was a waste of money that we didn't sign Sam Williams before June 30, we've got a bunch of money not even being used at the moment under the salary cap.

I'd rather we spend our money into other positions where there is available talent (eg. fullback, wing, centre), promote Hunt & reassess the halves situation in 2014.

Williams was never going to sign before June 30. This isn't Fantasy Football.

promote Hunt & reassess the halves situation in 2014.

I'll give you the reassessment right now if you don't want to wait that long.. awful.

You're jumping ahead anyway, Prince will still be on contract next season and he won't retire, he's too stubborn, he also won't be dropped because our head coach is Anthony Griffin.

I'll give you the reassessment right now if you don't want to wait that long.. awful.

You're jumping ahead anyway, Prince will still be on contract next season and he won't retire, he's too stubborn, he also won't be dropped because our head coach is Anthony Griffin.

I think hunt has shown enough to prove he's worth a go. With a consistent run in the halves no one can know what will happen.

But the theme on here ATM is be negative to everything so I guess that's that.

I think hunt has shown enough to prove he's worth a go. With a consistent run in the halves no one can know what will happen.

But the theme on here ATM is be negative to everything so I guess that's that.

Don't get me wrong, I want Hunt in the halves, I just don't want Prince or Wallace there with him..

6) Wallace
7) Hunt

Is probably the BEST we can hope for next year, but I still think Prince will be there.

I'd rather we spend our money into other positions where there is available talent (eg. fullback, wing, centre), promote Hunt & reassess the halves situation in 2014.

Williams was never going to sign before June 30. This isn't Fantasy Football.
Actually it was very likely that he would have left before June 30 (not necessarily to us) but the Raiders said they won't allow it in case there's injuries.

Canberra officials have maintained Williams will not be allowed to leave before the end of the season, believing they need the depth in the halves, despite the emergence of talented young players Anthony Milford and Mitch Cornish.The Dragons have tried to turn up the heat on a Williams deal, by threatening to pull out of signing the 22-year-old next year if it is not done before the end of the NRL transfer period.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-hits-snag-20130626-2oxj9.html#ixzz2Z1fRawHB

Last edited:
Which is why it wasn't going to happen.

Tasi came to us because he wasn't getting a shot at first grade so it was a possibility but the Raiders shut it down. If the Raiders were close to going over the cap they may have let him go.

Raiders were never a chance of doing so after Dugan had his contract torn up though.

Yep makes sense, Dugan was on big money so any salary cap issues would have been gone when he was fired.

Hearing rumblings that we've secured Prop Forward Ryan Bailey from Leeds. He's 29.

Is it just me, or is that not the ideal age to be signing a Prop Forward.

I'm not so sure we have signed Ryan Bailey. From his twitter account just after the paper said we signed him.

"I love paper talk ha ha"

"Leeds lifer"

We don't need him.

We need playmakers..... STAT !!

Our front row rotation is more than good enough at full strength. Hannant is great, McGuire is getting back to his best, and 2 of Hala/Dodds/Tasi is more than good enough off the bench. Having Parker at lock just makes our middle third even more deadly. The last thing Hook needs is more front rowers, he has move away from his standard gameplan.

I'm not so sure we have signed Ryan Bailey. From his twitter account just after the paper said we signed him.

"I love paper talk ha ha"

"Leeds lifer"
Good. I don't think we need to sign any forwards. All our money should go to a half, a fullback and/or a hooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • Muros
  • Mick_Hancock
  • marw
  • maddo
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.