Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he isn't fashionable but we could do a lot worse than Luke Walsh at 7. He has a clause in his new deal that he can leave the ESL if he gets a offer to come back to the NRL. He has one of the game's best kicking games and an underrated passing and running game. Compared to Wallace and Prince he is a Rolls Royce.

Agreed. I don't understand why he cops such a hard wrap.

He's not a world beater, but he would definitely fix up a lot of our team's issues. Solid passing game, backs up around the ruck quite well (an under rated part of the half back role, which we don't do enough) and his kicking game wins games. Our 5th tackle options have been poor for years, Walsh can fix that up.

Won't happen though. He claims he has a way out of his contract, St. Helens claim he doesn't. Either way he will probably be in the ESL next year.

Replacing our nuff nuffs with a slightly better nuff nuff?

......pass.

lockys article on CM mentions "Out of hooker, we could be getting more, to get on the front foot and create opportunities for the halves and Corey Norman."

peats!

Would just like to say that Hodkinson is really good, and we missed out by not having a go at him, he controls the game well, has a great kicking game and has some really good passes.. oh and he's like a 90% goal kicker.

Hodkinson is dime a dozen. Does a job but he isn't what we need.

Same issue with Walsh, except he's a confidence player and is truly unreliable.

Last edited:

Same issue with Walsh, except he's a form player and is truly unreliable.

Very true

Same issue with Walsh, except he's a confidence player and is truly unreliable.

If he's a dime a dozen why do we have 2 shit halves? He's a younger version of Wallace, with a better kicking game, and he's a goal kicker.. How is it not what we need?

If he's leaving we do, and also, I'd take 2 Wallace's over 1 Wallace and 1 Prince, because we both know Hunt is going to be a back-up Hooker his entire football career.

I don't know about that.

What I do know is that I'm not going to lose any sleep over Wallace mark 2 not signing with us.

Walsh (when it all evens out), Hodkinson and Wallace are as average as each other.

Williams has upside but it remains to be seen whether or not he achieves it. As is, Dragons look to have got him on a steal.

I don't understand you guys, you're not open to signing younger players that are off contract (Even on a 1 year deal, to see what they're made of), yet you complain about our Halves every week?

I would've loved to sign Sam Williams or Trent Hodkinson on a 1 year deal, purely to see if they improve at a new club, which I think they're both capable of.. And they're both upgrades on Prince, who is a lock as our Halfback next year, as there's no good Halves left on the market.

6) Prince 7) Wallace

Get used to reading that.

Last edited:
I was open to the signing of Williams but not as a priority signing. The scenario that I always argued against was throwing 300-400K at him to lure him here over a couple of years - that's too big a risk for my liking and there are a better risks to take in the NRL.

As it turned out, the Dragons signed him on a very reasonable deal. It appears we've missed out...for now.

On Hodkinson, I don't think he's what we need. It wouldn't be the end of the world if we signed him but he'd be even lower on the list than Williams and if we're entering the market for a halfback we might as well sign somebody who has the talent to deliver us a premiership. Hate to break it to you, but that isn't Hodkinson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Lurker
  • bert_lifts
  • maddo
  • Cavalo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gaz
  • mrtij
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Culhwch
  • Reds2011
  • Ondi
  • Dexter
  • kman
  • broncos4life
  • Redfern_1980
  • simplythebest
  • sooticus
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.