Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Honestly, you can't begrudge Norman if he does take up the offer, and I wouldn't be going near that price if I were the Broncos. I 'd be keeping him in the side for a few weeks, if we continue to lose however, I see zero point in keeping him in the side. We should be lookin at all available half & fullback options.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Talk is that maybe the Raiders will have to let a couple of players go now that they've resigned Papali.

Sam Williams might be a good buy for us ??

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Maybe if it was another club...but not the Eels.

He's not gonna play fullback or halfback. And personally I think Luke Kelly is a better player.

Where's he gonna play for $450k?!

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
Talk is that maybe the Raiders will have to let a couple of players go now that they've resigned Papali.

Sam Williams might be a good buy for us ??

get mccrone!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'd take Sam Williams. I think he's better than McCrone, but McCrone seems like he'll get first shot with Campese.
I'd also take Widdop, I think he's off contract this year?

M

Manifesto

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2012
My preference would be keeping Hunt at all costs, but if does move on, I wouldnt mind a play at Chad Townsand. No idea where he is with regards to his current contract, but he would be a pretty good buy (as well as someone like Sam Williams).

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
If the Broncos recruit a half, I'd much rather us go for one that's extremely skillful and isn't well established as opposed to a Townsend, McCrone types. To me, they're just like Peter Wallace. Ok, but not going to win you a premiership.

If we go shopping for halves we should be targeting the following we need somebody with a ton of upside but haven't had the guidance they need. Shaun Johnson, Sam Williams come straight to mind. Or, go after a half in NSW Cup/NYC like Luke Keary, Ben Hampton, Matt McGahan, Anthony Milford etc.

If we're letting Norman go (based on that figure, fair enough) than we HAVE to recruit somebody. Nikorima isn't the future IMO.

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
Yep, Shaun Johnson with Wallace would be fantastic, anyone know what his contract is like?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Doesn't come off contract until 2014.

But that doesn't mean a whole lot these days. Especially if Round 1 is an indication.

Brisbane would have to pay some pretty big overs to lure him. However, I don't think it'd be too difficult to arrange some big 3rd party arrangements. A polynesian superstar who has the marketability of Benji? Sunnybank, Acacia Ridge & Logan are all aboard!

Last edited:
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
we have a thousand halves already. how is anyone that isnt already a superstar going to get a go at the broncos when peter bloody wallace is preferred at all costs, + prince, + ben hunt.

if we got shaun johnson they'd probably coach him into blandness anyway.

B

bigjaymz

BRL Player
Jul 14, 2010
Norman to Eels

It's a done deal from what I have heard.

Thoughts other than drop him now if its true !

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Re: Norman to Eels

Even if it's true, I believe that technically it can't be official til the deadline....which means Broncos could still get him to stay with a counter offer. A bigger counter offer, oh god.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think Shaun Johnson would just cost too much for what he is. He is good but he is no Thurston or Cronk. I think we will struggle to attract the players we are after anyway. Something is rotten.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I think Shaun Johnson would just cost too much for what he is. He is good but he is no Thurston or Cronk. I think we will struggle to attract the players we are after anyway. Something is rotten.

- No awesome coach
- Steve Kearney
- Douche bag ex player is our footy manager
- No outstanding players
- Useless captain

Everything it rotten.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Ben Hunt is most likely going to go.

Prince and Wallace can be released.

No, if we signed Shaun Johnson, you lot would still find something to be emo about.

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
Is Prince only on one year with us?. if we can't keep Hunt partnered with Wallace for next year on i reckon the next best option is to offer Johnson some decent coin. defense of Wallace with the creativity of Johnson putting Hodges, Gilette and co thru holes would stop quite a few problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • kiwibronco
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Stix
  • Tim K
  • Alec
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • leon.bott
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dexter
  • Galah
  • Bronco bob
  • Rowdy124
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.