Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigjaymz

BRL Player
Jul 14, 2010
Agree with Nashy. What is the attraction to join the Broncos now?
No Wayne, No Locky?
Where would you sign..... We will have to pay more for players who previously may have signed for less if we had a great coach or champion player/players

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I wouldn't be jumping to drop Prince. I think he offers enough to warrant being in the team.

Buying one player isn't enough to stop me hating on this stupid team at the moment. I love young players, but right now, most of our young guys suck. Like, not just need time, but actually suck dirty scrotum.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Our recruitment as a whole has been pretty poor since we won the Premiership in 2006. We got one really good batch of under 20's players but not much else. Why aren't we recruiting big and fast wingers like other teams?? We have no speed at all.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Re: Norman to Eels

Even if it's true, I believe that technically it can't be official til the deadline....which means Broncos could still get him to stay with a counter offer. A bigger counter offer, oh god.

"Broncos re-sign Norman for 500K to play in QLD Cup"

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'd love to get Johnson. He is worth paying overs for.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Williams, widdop or Johnson. At least one of them need to be at the broncos next year IMO. I would love widdop to come on board... Make ya dad proud son lol

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Widdop wouldn't be bad, although I'd only want him as a fullback.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
Throw some money at Kevin Naiqama. Can fill in at fullspot too.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Ben Hunt is most likely going to go.

Prince and Wallace can be released.

No, if we signed Shaun Johnson, you lot would still find something to be emo about.

Mate we could sign smith slater cronk and bellemy with bennett in a director of coaching role and someone would find something to be Emo about

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I like the calls for Widdop. Particularly as a fullback. I'm not sure which is his preferred position...perhaps he could be lured with the option to play fullback. Also, would offer us an experienced, premeirship winning depth in the halves.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I like the calls for Widdop. Particularly as a fullback. I'm not sure which is his preferred position...perhaps he could be lured with the option to play fullback. Also, would offer us an experienced, premeirship winning depth in the halves.

Yeah I agree. I'd love for us to sign Widdop. Very classy player.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Yeah I agree. I'd love for us to sign Widdop. Very classy player.

Absolutely. If Norman goes, that frees up money, if we're not making a play for Falou, then Widdop would be the first call I make the second after Norman's move is confirmed.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
Don't need Widdop. Hopoate should be still coming.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
No you don't.
So tell me who has signed a good half in the last few years that hasn't paid a shit load?

Parra paid 550k for Sandow and are paying 450k for Norman, Thurston reportedly for 1 mill, the list goes on. All haves get paid more than what they're really worth under the salary cap because there isn't enough good ones.

On Widdop, is he off contract this year? I'd love to get him here for next year, only 23 years old, would be great at fullback with his ball playing skills. Sign him up on a 4 year contract.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Does anyone really want Folau anymore? He's clearly just a douche.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Fitzy
  • broncotville
  • Sproj
  • thenry
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.