Status
Not open for further replies.
Black Philip

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
http://www.zerotackle.com/nrl/eels-snap-up-norman-8736/

Corey Norman will be wearing Parramatta Eels colours in 2014 – and will tell the Brisbane Broncos as much sometime within the next few days.
After missing out on Canberra Raiders star Josh Papalii, who signed with Eels before backing out of the deal last week, the Eels went all out for Norman.

They have thrown a massive $450,000 a season at the boom utility back – money the Broncos simply couldn’t match. And don’t think the Papalii saga is over – fuming Eels officials are looking into possible legal action after the back-rower pulled out of his rich deal with the Eels.

rkOis.gif

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Baaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
I am both happy and alarmed.

Happy that we are not wasting our cap on this hack next year, but alarmed that we even tried to match any offer to keep him.

I shudder at the thought of paying massive overs just to keep him but I bet Griffin and Gee were chomping at the bit to do it :001_rolleyes:

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
As the saying goes, a fool & their money are soon parted.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It will be good if Norman does head to Parra but I won't be happy until we sign some quality players for our team.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
if the eels are offering him 450k he would be stupid not to take it. good on him for being the beneficiary of the eels idiocy.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Norman hasn't proven he is worth that sort of money yet but i wouldn't begrudge him at all for taking it or for the Broncos not going near it. Its a ridiculous amount but then the eels have already thrown ridiculous amounts at sandow, hopoate and papalli.

It will be interesting to see if he stays in the side if he announces he is going to the eels, it may appear petty but why should we continue to develop him at parramattas benefit and at the expense of a spot for someone who will be at the club beyond this season.

Last edited:
B

Bronco bob

NYC Player
Aug 9, 2012
Now what will the club do? They have been talking up Norman as the future and now he is gone. Thurston has resigned with the cowboys. There are no other good halves on the market.

Will Hook play him for the rest of the year? I don't see the point, I could understand hook playing him thinking that he is our future but now there is no point, hasn't shown anything.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
Now what will the club do? They have been talking up Norman as the future and now he is gone. Thurston has resigned with the cowboys. There are no other good halves on the market.

Will Hook play him for the rest of the year? I don't see the point, I could understand hook playing him thinking that he is our future but now there is no point, hasn't shown anything.

yeah this is hilarious really. our club is really losing grip. the aura is almost gone.

and i bet norman turns into a good player at the eels.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
"Corey Norman and Ben Hunt are the future"

That quote is some cryptic prophesy - we're gooorn (other clubs are looking at Hunt as their halfback as I type this)

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Well, if we lose both, then at least the club will have no choice but to look outside for someone else, with Prince almost on his death bed (in NRL ages at least). Would be something I'd definitely support, unless they'd try to get 5 more years out of Wallace and Prince or something.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
450k? lol. They can have him foe that price. Now we need to sign some good players, get Folau!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Jeza23
  • Bish
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Seibs
  • MrMoore
  • pennywisealfie
  • Manofoneway
  • Lostboy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.