Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i certainly hope our performance wont compare to the aus cricket team.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'm losing faith in Griffin pretty rapidly. For all the respect the players are showing him, he doesn't seem to be much better than Henjak.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
thats a desperate attempt at a signing wtf.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The signing of Denan Kemp didn't tip you off that we're desperate for some outside backs? :laugh:

To lose Yow Yeh, Gagai, Kahu & Berwick due to unexpected circumstances was clearly going to lead to some desperate decisions like throwing lifelines out to players like Talanoa.

Last edited:
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Bit early to judge. Lets wait till at least midway through the season, we don't know what he's changed up for this year.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
The signing of Denan Kemp didn't tip you off that we're desperate for some outside backs? :laugh:

To lose Yow Yeh, Gagai, Kahu & Berwick due to unexpected circumstances was clearly going to lead to some desperate decisions like throwing lifelines out to players like Talanoa.

We didn't lose Gagai To unexpected circumstances though. We let him go through our own volition.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
We didn't lose Gagai To unexpected circumstances though. We let him go through our own volition.

I don't think Hook thought he'd get as bad as he would during the season, hence signing him to a two year deal.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
If Beale didn't leave I doubt Dane would've got resigned anyway.

The coach never really believed in his talent

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
"Not even a recent phone call from Brisbane Broncos coach Anthony Griffin could persuade Talanoa to change his mind. So he continues on his path, the long way around."

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...al/story-e6frf4qu-1226590054676#ixzz2MZJuyHlc

Apparently Griffin tried signing Fetuli Talanoa..Never rated him. Don't know why Griffin tried to sign him..definitely better players out there.

Sad isn't it? Even the garbage man rejected him. At least the guy at the local pouring drinks signed up.
If only we had decent scouts in Mackay, we could've had our own big 3 in Dale, Dane and Ben.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Well he doesn't want to play League and he is based in Sydney. Big move to come to Brisbane when it isn't what you want and for a small contract.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Rugby League Week rumour had Todd Learoyd-Larhs considering a move from Canberra and Brisbane a likely destination.

Also mentioned Will Hopoate has a get out clause if Jamil is not at the Eels, given he's moved on, if I was the Broncos I'd be trying to get them both on a package deal.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'd expect Will Hopoate to head to Manly to play with his brother but you'd have to wonder how they squeeze him in the salary cap.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'd expect Will Hopoate to head to Manly to play with his brother but you'd have to wonder how they squeeze him in the salary cap.

The same way Manly always squeezes player under the salary cap - by adding another zero onto the end.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Watson is a great batsman with an excellent technique and is also a very good bowler, one of the best allrounders in the world.

U Drunk ?

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Watson is a frustrating, injury prone enigma. Watson is a great batsman for about 20-30 mins, then he pisses his wicket away. Whenever he so much as thinks about bowling something breaks on his person.. Jacques Kallis is one of the best allrounders in the world.

Fixed

Last edited:
Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Denan Kemp is a great allrounder, allround friendly, allround kind etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • phoenix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Robboi_321
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Scdeac
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • mrslong
  • johnny plath
  • Maroon4life
  • Redfern_1980
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Aldo
  • Organix
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.