Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Did anyone else just realise this is Wallace's 6th season with the club? It's hard to believe we've put up with such mediocrity so long. Seymour, Walker...we gave up on them much quicker.

U2 wrote a song about it:

You've got to get yourself together
You've got stuck in a moment and now you can't get out of it
Don't say that later will be better now you're stuck in a moment
And you can't get out of it

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
"Even" if YY or Copley didn't get injured?

I prefer Copley over Beale.......YY would be a certainty.

I guess Beale might have got a shot at Hoffman's spot ........still, there's a good chance he could have been playing Qcup.

I'll miss Teo more than Beale....

Beale was higher than Copley in the pecking order so he was no chance to play QLD Cup

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Which is why the football operations "manager" Andrew Gee has some questions to answer. I can't help but think if management had waited until the end of last season to re-sign Wallace, that just maybe things might have been different. Instead....Wallace was showing some early form and Gee goes rushing in and signs him up for another 2 yrs on more money than what Wallace is worth.

Thats something I agree with you on with regards to Wallace, his form was good up until he started to rack up a few games of absence through injury, then he was pretty average to poor after that, the club rushed too soon on re-signing him.

Last edited:
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Quite frankly I don't think we miss Beale at all, infact I thought for most of last season he was very much just making up the numbers in the backline, just waiting to depart for the Dragons. Maranta impressed me more and Beale should have got the punt, not Maranta. His a Decent player when in form but not worth getting into a bidding war with the Dragons to keep thats for sure.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
Maranta will be another solid footballer much like Beale is. Nothing to get too excited over

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I really like Maranta. He's had a few rookie mistakes because, well, he's still a rookie, but he's shown some real class in his games last year.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
At best, he's De Vere without the ability to kick goals.

Which is good, I liked Chief.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
De Vere was a decent runner of the ball early in his career. Would often get on the outside of his man with speed

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Outside of Devere's poor retirement comeback, I think on Beale's best day I'd still take Devere, he wasn't a strike weapon but he knew how to support others, knew not to be selfish with the ball and made very few errors and was great defensively, something others in our current side could learn from.

Last edited:
Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
Not really a contest. De Vere was safe as a sperm bank. Can't say the same about Beale

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Would take Beale at fullback over Hoffman any day of the week.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Maranata more than proved himself in that grueling defensive battle against the Cowboys last year, took heaps of bombs under huge pressure with no trouble.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Beale was higher than Copley in the pecking order so he was no chance to play QLD Cup

You need to remember that Beale wasn't going to stick around to play wing. And he wasn't higher in the pecking order than our centers.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
If Beale hadn't of signed with the Dragons last year. I have no doubt that Hoffman would have been shafted a lot earlier and Beale would have been installed as our #1.

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
You need to remember that Beale wasn't going to stick around to play wing. And he wasn't higher in the pecking order than our centers.

Huh what you trying to get at? Are you saying if Beale was still around he would rather play QLD cup if he was chosen on the wing for the Broncos?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Huh what you trying to get at? Are you saying if Beale was still around he would rather play QLD cup if he was chosen on the wing for the Broncos?

I'm not saying that at all. But he was never going to accept our offer, which was reportedly similar to the Dragons, to play wing when the Dragons could offer him the fullback spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Kev_Guz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Totally Unr3al
  • lynx000
  • Lurker
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Waynesaurus
  • Muros
  • johnyE
  • kman
... and 45 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.