Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not overly disappointed about the loss of Te'o but the Beale departures hurts us in the backline for sure. I am more disappointed that we just think that our juniors will always come through and be good enough for the NRL

Our pack seems a heap weaker without Te'o, I don't see Beale as a loss at all.

Broncos have just been unlucky, if Yow Yeh & Copley didn't suffer those injuries I don't believe ya'll would be doing your chicken little impersonations.

Broncos have just been unlucky, if Yow Yeh & Copley didn't suffer those injuries I don't believe ya'll would be doing your chicken little impersonations.

We can't all have blind optimism.

Our pack seems a heap weaker without Te'o, I don't see Beale as a loss at all.

hannant - qld and aus regular
mcguire - likely origin player this year.
thaiday - qld and aus regular
glenn - kiwi international
parker - qld almost regular.
gillett - fringe qlder though sturggled last year.

add stagg who is very solid. we have it far better than most in the forwards. hopefully thaiday is back to full fitness and goes great guns, gilletts looked good in trials. both these guys having good years would make a big difference if the rest can keep up good form.

I'd say Petero was a bigger loss than Te'o, even if he has declined quite a bit. We've got back rowers up the butt, even future players like Oates and Timu are back rowers. But outside if Hannant and McGuire, we don't have a reliable proven prop. I can't see them playing 60-70 mins a game like some people suggest, unless we want to see them (especially Hannant) burn out by the end of the season.

How is Beale a great loss? If Yow Yeh doesn't get injured Beale would be fighting it out for one vacant wing spot or a role off the bench. He is easily covered imo.

Teo provided impact and versatility, but its not worth paying $350k for a bench player in a position we have adequate depth in. Although saying that he is probably worth it to clubs who lack that depth, as would Gillett.

Last edited:
Well our side would look a lot better with Beale in right now. If he stayed he would have given us a genuine option at fullback plus he plays centre and wing. Take Yow Yeh out of the equation he may never be NRL standard again.

Everybody seems concerned about losing Teo for some reason. We have a good back row. We're we supposed to sign Teo for 3 years and potentially lose Timu who will be ready for first grade 2014.
There also may be more to losing Teo than we see. He has already been in trouble again in Sydney.
Beale was more of a concern as our outside back depth is not looking good at present unless they look to Oates before he becomes a back rower

Finally someone else is saying the same thing I have been saying about teo...

Two things to look at .1/ how weak our spine is compared to most (1,6,7&9).2/Our forwards are ageing but still get us to the try line but no one seems to know how to get across it.Ben Barba mid season would be great for the club and especially for the fans.Some genuine excitement in the attacking line what we have lacked for a long time.Never say never.

Well our side would look a lot better with Beale in right now. If he stayed he would have given us a genuine option at fullback plus he plays centre and wing. Take Yow Yeh out of the equation he may never be NRL standard again.

Unfortunately, hindsight is a bitch. You could just as easily be asking why did we re-sign Beale to play qld cup when we could have instead used that money to sign a disgruntled Scott Prince, the salary cap doesn't allow for what ifs.

Why would Beale be playing QLD Cup? He would still have made the team if YY or Copley didn't get injured.

Why would Beale be playing QLD Cup? He would still have made the team if YY or Copley didn't get injured.

"Even" if YY or Copley didn't get injured?

I prefer Copley over Beale.......YY would be a certainty.

I guess Beale might have got a shot at Hoffman's spot ........still, there's a good chance he could have been playing Qcup.

I'll miss Teo more than Beale....

Did anyone else just realise this is Wallace's 6th season with the club? It's hard to believe we've put up with such mediocrity so long. Seymour, Walker...we gave up on them much quicker.

Yeah and we've signed Wallace up on quite a decent sized contract.

Yeah and we've signed Wallace up on quite a decent sized contract.

Which is why the football operations "manager" Andrew Gee has some questions to answer. I can't help but think if management had waited until the end of last season to re-sign Wallace, that just maybe things might have been different. Instead....Wallace was showing some early form and Gee goes rushing in and signs him up for another 2 yrs on more money than what Wallace is worth.

It took Shane Perry less than a year to bring us a premiership.

I wonder if he's still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Griffo
  • bb_gun
  • Hurrijo
  • john1420
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • heartly87
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Pablo
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Broncosgirl
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.