Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

choper1981

May 12, 2010
That's our problem it starts with the head coach,management,recruitment... I'm not saying to go all out and buy every star off contract but you definitely need to buy the missing pieces to win premierships we are the BRONCOS we've always had a good mix of superstars and youth (to stay under the cap) now we sign has beens and qcup players. I'm pretty sure Ben's dad us a staunch broncos supporter as well I could be wrong.Justin Hodges can be a great influence to Benny as he has matured so much these days especially that his indigenous. Ben Barba is the only indigenous boy in the bulldogs top 17. I know if the broncos really want somebody they will usually get him but these days we've changed so much.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Things like the Inglis fiasco shouldn't be reasons for not going after gun players again, you need them to win premierships or at least have a geniune shot at one.

Last edited:
C

choper1981

May 12, 2010
Your exactly right all the best coaches and most successful teams have their stars and balance in their team. I will always supports team no matter who we have but in reality we'll be lucky to make the 8. It's frustrating as every year we lose players without fighting for them or through to retirement and we don't replace them or look to strengthen our team in key positions ala Bennett era. I just hope that someone high in the club can see that unfortunately we are on a slide and something needs to be done. Nothing better than trying to get a Queensland superstar home who needs help.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think we are having trouble signing players TBH.

C

choper1981

May 12, 2010
But why are we having problems signing players? Is it the coach club culture...? It's strange how we are declining so fast. Even when we had the great Darren Lockyer there were some awesome players along side him.

C

choper1981

May 12, 2010
If your right and we're not chasing a star back/half we have some serious problems at red hill and somebody has to be made accountable. I hope we're wrong because its sad going into a season with pretty much no chance of winning it we are the BRONCOS we do have an advantage over other clubs with our third party deals and sponsors etc... Only problem is we don't look like we want to use it. It's weird it's like these days we are trying to win without marquee players it will never happen like that. Ps we need to get exciting players back in our line like the old days. We were pretty to watch with hunt at the back or even before then with the langers Walters sailors... And I don't have to point out the great Locky.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
To be fair to the coach, I don't recall a good halfback at the Broncos for a decade. Imagine how great Darren Lockyer would have been playing alongside a good halfback. He never had that opportunity at club level and as such was a marked man every single game and he was still way above the mere mortals.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
To be fair to the coach I don't recall a good halfback at the Broncos for a decade.

Me either .........it's kinda sad when we've all perked up after watching Scott Prince play. The guy is at the end of his career.

Choper is right to be questioning the accountability of some of Brisbane's management staff. I think Andrew Gee has got to go.

Brisbane's recruitment and retention has always been something of a bug bear with me.

It's not like the Alfies and Lockyers aren't out there any more. Football talent pools just don't dry up. The talent's still there, it's just now being stolen from right out under our noses by NSW clubs, desperate to fill their own yawning voids in what little talent is available in NSW.

Someone has been asleep at the wheel for a long time.......

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
It seems to be mainly Canberra stealing the bulk of our young talent now. The roosters will lose traction now the Broncos have done a deal with Ipswich
You are definitely right in that Griffin is not in this alone. Gee is very influential at the Broncos

Big Dave

Big Dave

Banned User
Feb 27, 2013
I think we are having trouble signing players TBH.

Hit the nail on the head. The attraction isn't here any more. Bennett was the attraction. If we had one of the big 3 coaches in Bennett, Bellamy or Hasler we would attract a player like a Milford.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Well we pretty much had Bellamy signed, sealed & delivered for 2009 until Bruno gave him an ultimatum and blew it.

I think we would have won a premiership under him.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I blame Campbell Newman (seems the popular excuse these days)

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I can't see how we didn't sign any players after losing Beale, Te'o and Petero. Other teams keep getting stronger while our side is weaker than last year IMO.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Everybody seems concerned about losing Teo for some reason. We have a good back row. We're we supposed to sign Teo for 3 years and potentially lose Timu who will be ready for first grade 2014.
There also may be more to losing Teo than we see. He has already been in trouble again in Sydney.
Beale was more of a concern as our outside back depth is not looking good at present unless they look to Oates before he becomes a back rower

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I can't see how we didn't sign any players after losing Beale, Te'o and Petero. Other teams keep getting stronger while our side is weaker than last year IMO.

We did, Prince, Stagg and Kemp.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i am not concerned at all with the loss of beale and teo.

stagg is a good pick up imo. there are alot of doggies fans who were disappointed they let him go, and there is no doubt we struggled for consistency last year with our bench forwards, he will fix that up and will be able to play 80 mins if required at origin time.

prince i think will have a great year. as long as griffin doesnt get in the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • Brocko
  • The Boss
  • Pablo
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Behind enemy lines
  • broncs30
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • Lozza
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • OXY-351
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.