Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
You think it doesn't happen in the NRL with just about every contract? It's not the player, it's the managers who are trying to get the best of their players.

Don't let your Norman hate blind your judgement. As someone earlier pointed out, Griffin didn't hesitate to show Gagai the door. He comes across as old school and doesn't appear to put up with any shit

and particularly not from young NRL players only just beginning to make a name for themselves.

Hasler, Bellamy, Bennett and co would be exactly the same.

Sure the managers might lay it on.........but the comment made earlier about Griffin and Gee "dropping to their knees" was straight out school girl fantasy.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Don't let your Norman hate blind your judgement. As someone earlier pointed out, Griffin didn't hesitate to show Gagai the door. He comes across as old school and doesn't appear to put up with any ****

and particularly not from young NRL players only just beginning to make a name for themselves.

Hasler, Bellamy, Bennett and co would be exactly the same.

Sure the managers might lay it on.........but the comment made earlier about Griffin and Gee "dropping to their knees" was straight out school girl fantasy.

Yeah and you never exaggerate when trying to make a point. FFS get over yourself.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
That's all your opinion, based on nothing but what you think about the coaches at Brisbane, and those listed. You can't deny that it didn't happen, just like you can't confirm that it didn't.

Edit: Made no sense.

Last edited:
B

big bear

Feb 25, 2013
Put me down as a Norman supporter. I think he has a big future and will be happy to lock him up.
Whether JT comes or not Norman has to stay, he is the future.Put him with princey. Wallace has to be released or sent back to Qcup.Truthfully he has never solved the number 7 problem for the Broncs. Release both Hunt &Mcullough they will never be a top NRL number 9 and go and buy one.It is time the Broncs stopped putting up with mediocroty which means releasing under performers and go out & get some big signings.Once they could rely on the youth coming thru but that hasnt worked for a few years.Once famous as a results driven club who players from outside the broncs wanted to be a part of, i dont think players outside the broncs are saying to there managers get me upto brisbane.

Last edited:
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Don't hold your breath, we only sign past Broncos and QCup players now.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Whether JT comes or not Norman has to stay, he is the future.Put him with princey. Wallace has to be released or sent back to Qcup.Truthfully he has never solved the number 7 problem for the Broncs. Release both Hunt &Mcullock they will never be a top NRL number 9 and go and buy one.It is time the Broncs stopped putting up with mediocroty which means releasing under performers and go out & get some big signings.Once they could rely on the youth coming thru but that hasnt worked for a few years.Once famous as a results driven club who players from outside the broncs wanted to be a part of, i dont think players outside the broncs are saying to there managers get me upto brisbane.

Who's Mcullock? Is he a new signing? Gee how many hookers do we need? McCullough, hunt, Baptiste, Granville and now this Mcullock guy!

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Hopefully he's quicker at passing the ball off the ground than McCullough.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Hunt isn't a hooker, and it's why he'll leave after this year.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Hunt isn't a hooker, and it's why he'll leave after this year.

I know he's not, but he is being used as one so when talking about the teams hookers he is one

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I thought Hunt was one of our best in that 3rd and final trial. Has obviously been working on his game at dummy half and could very well give us some spark in 2013.

I don't want to see the Broncos to become active in the player market. At least, not to the extent of Sydney or the Titans where they throw money at any able player even if they don't have to (*cough* Taylor & O'Donnell *cough*). If we do sign players, I hope it's guys who have their whole careers ahead of them so we can indoctrinate them and get them to commit to our club without us having to fork over a ton of cash.

A couple stand-out NYC backs or a player like Sam Williams or Shaun Johnson would be the type of players I'd be targetting.

Oh and no backrows. Seriously guys, our 20s may not be world beaters but these backrows coming through are special. In saying that, I hope we actually hold onto them and don't throw them away for some Dolphins player.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
A half or a fullback are the only players we need to go for. We are short on another quality prop, but hopefully one of the younger guys will come good. Everything else is easily covered and with plenty of depth.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Aye, although I reckon we could use another centre.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
You still need depth and eventually Hodgo is going to retire.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hunt should leave. He could have been anything had he got as much of a go as Wallace and Norman.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Mmm....

I think he could have been a better organiser than Wallace & I would have liked to have seen us persist with a Norman/Hunt combination but clearly there was a glass ceiling on his talent.

I think the 'could be anything' tag belongs more on Norman, for both good and bad reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Organix
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.