Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is Woolf and who is King? :laugh:

Woolf was the Cowboys u20's coach that had heaps of success there, for the last year he has been one of our first grade assistant coaches

King is Neil Henry

Hopoate would be a better fit than Barba imo.

Won't cost as much, no baggage, total cleanskin plus he's already done his mission so we won't be losing him!

Would be a great signing, a little out of left field if anything because supposedly after his done deal to Parra, everything around him had gone quiet.

I heard he was a bit unsure about joining them earlier this year based off how bad they were going, but nothing since.

then it seems a bit unlikely he would want to join us, as we honestly aren't going all that much better. although we probably have more potential (and i do believe he is currently living in Brisbane)

Won't cost as much, no baggage, total cleanskin plus he's already done his mission so we won't be losing him!

Would be a great signing, a little out of left field if anything because supposedly after his done deal to Parra, everything around him had gone quiet.

I heard he was a bit unsure about joining them earlier this year based off how bad they were going, but nothing since.

Would love Hopoate. The only thing I have heard that gives this any credence was apparently he is loving Brisbane, heard that form a few different places. One of my mates actually had him come knocking on his door doing his morman thing. FWIW apparently he is an awesome guy, really humble and banged on heaps about how much he loves Brisbane

That's debatable, didn't he sign for about $800K with the Eels?

I dare say Hopoate would want as much, if not more than Barba.. He's a nice back-up plan if Barba doesn't work though (And of course if he can get out of the Eels contract)

Would love Hopoate. The only thing I have heard that gives this any credence was apparently he is loving Brisbane, heard that form a few different places. One of my mates actually had him come knocking on his door doing his morman thing. FWIW apparently he is an awesome guy, really humble and banged on heaps about how much he loves Brisbane

there was an article a few weeks ago where he's quoted as loving brisbane and the people he's met here. that everyone he speaks to is awesome.

doesnt really mean anything in terms of staying though.

I get the feeling that any rumour of joining the Broncos is just a ploy by managers to get their players contracts renewed or upgraded. Its like, well if we don't re-sign/upgrade then we will lose the player to the Broncos because they desperately need good players and they have the money (should have anyway). All this talk of the Broncos signing good players and not getting anyone just depresses me because more than likely, next year we will end up with Griffin as coach, Hoffman as fullback, Maranta still on the wing and Hunt still filling in for McColloughs laziness with Hodges and Prince a year older.

I guess I could see him commanding a similar amount, I dunno, I just don't see why him winning a premiership as a squad member (not as a focal point) and playing in an origin game 2 years ago means he's worth what the reigning Dally M medalist is worth. The only reason he didn't play origin this year was because of his meltdown...

And his old man could teach the team how to slow down play the balls:laugh:

I guess I could see him commanding a similar amount, I dunno, I just don't see why him winning a premiership as a squad member (not as a focal point) and playing in an origin game 2 years ago means he's worth what the reigning Dally M medalist is worth. The only reason he didn't play origin this year was because of his meltdown...

Disagree.

I'd very happily take Hopoate, great player and IMO he'd get straight back to where he left off. Hodges missed about a year and half consecutively back when he injured his achilles heel and his first game back was like he never missed a game.

Seriously Hoppa would be a fantastic pickup. He also fits the the clubs code of being an angel off the field.

Last edited:
I'd very happily take Hopoate, great player and IMO he'd get straight back to where he left off. Hodges missed about a year and half consecutively back when he injured his achilles heel and his first game back was like he never missed a game.

Seriously Hoppa would be a fantastic pickup. He also fits the the clubs code of being an angel off the field.

Yeah...but his dad....lol.

Hopoate > Barba. Easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • scobie
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.