Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO @ people thinking there's any real difference between playing 6 or 7.
this. the only real difference is the number on their back.

hell, in the broncos theres no real difference between playing 3,4,8,9,10,11,12, or 13.

So you don't find anything amusing in signing a half to big dollars then asking the guy who's failed thus far at this level, where his preference would be?

I guess we have differing senses of humour. Personally, I'd be backing the guy that's won a premiership in 7 and looks classy the majority of time he plays there. Can you ever say Hunt has looked classy in any capacity? I can't. That's why I find this idea amusing.

And as for absolutely no difference between 6 and 7, that's generally not true, for one, whoever occupies one side is generally better at passing in that motion, ie right of the ruck, passing left to right, or vice versa. While some halves are adept at passing either side, this isn't the case for everyone in the NRL.

Last edited:
this. the only real difference is the number on their back.

hell, in the broncos theres no real difference between playing 3,4,8,9,10,11,12, or 13.

Haha too true. The only reason they have numbers on their back is so they can tell each other apart

So you don't find anything amusing in signing a half to big dollars then asking the guy who's failed thus far at this level, where his preference would be?

I guess we have differing senses of humour. Personally, I'd be backing the guy that's won a premiership in 7 and looks classy the majority of time he plays there. Can you ever say Hunt has looked classy in any capacity? I can't. That's why I find this idea amusing.

I have absolutely no issue with DCE coming and playing in the 7 jersey, and Hunt in the 6. My point is that it's superficial. It's not:

hey can you move the other side of the ruck cause of this ben hunt fella

It's:

Hey, can you wear this jersey instead of this jersey?

The jersey does NOT determine which side of the ruck you play. Just as the 13 jersey does NOT have to play in the middle.

yeah, fair points - maybe a better way of saying it is, I wouldn't be buying DCE so Ben Hunt can play to his strengths. I'd be buying DCE cause he knows what he's doing and hopefully Ben hunt catches onto that.

7 and 6 is almost irrelevant the way they play. at manly dce plays on the right and foran plays on the left. you could change their numbers around it wouldnt make a difference.

sometimes i think i am the only person on this entire forum WITHOUT insider knowledge

Which is why you are believable.

Hang on ..... WOW! I just saw a pig fly past my window disguised as a sea eagle

Last edited:
7 and 6 is almost irrelevant the way they play. at manly dce plays on the right and foran plays on the left. you could change their numbers around it wouldnt make a difference.
yeah, i was thinking of it on a more static basis.... i'm not really sure why. mouth engaged before brain I guess, happens to the best of us. :D

THe numbers definitely don't mean anything for most sides (except maybe the Roosters and Souffs at times), but DCE should definitely be playing on both sides of the field if he ever came here, not just on the left or the right or whatever.

but DCE should definitely be playing on both sides of the field if he ever came here, not just on the left or the right or whatever.

100% agree.

he's the kind of guy who should be popping up everywhere. he's ALWAYS one of the first in support when someone makes a break.

And then we just need a big 5/8 to partner with him for some variety, somebody who has passing skills but also strength to run hard at the line and attract/hold off defenders.

At the moment we have two small men, neither of which are fast, strong, kick that well, pass effectively or can play whats in front of them. Hunt at times has shown he can play what is in front of him but just really hasn't had a great enough opportunity.

With Wallace being demoted to the bench this week maybe we will see Wallace move on at the end of the season.. it would be great to see as it would mean either A) we're confident in signing Cherry-Evans in the off-season, or B) we're starting Prince/Hunt next season and will be chasing hard for another good half in 2015..

I think the problem for Hunt has been he has been playing what's infront of him. When you do that sometimes what looks like the right option can come back to hurt you. It goes against Hook's safety-first-at-all-costs approach which has limited his selection in the halves. Maybe Hook has realised his way has not worked and with this squad maybe someone like Hunt can spark a revival. Or he has realised there is no top line half coming to the club next year and he can't go around with Prince/Wallace and expect to win. Time to give Hunt a go and prepare him for next season.

Didn't hook say we the halves were going well like 2 weeks ago? A 1 point loss and suddenly we're changing up the halves?

Just sayin'

Didn't hook say we the halves were going well like 2 weeks ago? A 1 point loss and suddenly we're changing up the halves?

Just sayin'

I'm guessing someone at the club has taken the decision out of his hands

Just sayin'
He would have not slagged off at them in the media but you can bet your last dollar there have been words behind closed doors

Re: Player Movements and Rumours 2013

So the interview with Hook starts in like 10 minutes, i wish i had got my **** together and got in on it, hopefully someone posts a run down for us!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • Harry Sack
  • Hoshsie
  • Fozz
  • Locky24
  • Broncosgirl
  • LGH
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncsNBundy
  • sooticus
  • phoenix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Evander
  • BroncosMan
  • kluppy
  • porouian
  • bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Tmac
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.