Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Player Movements and Rumours 2013

So the interview with Hook starts in like 10 minutes, i wish i had got my **** together and got in on it, hopefully someone posts a run down for us!:)

Fella, really nice to hear FROM you again and hope all is well. Now, if you want to be one of the first to hear a comprehensive summary of Hook's address to fans tonite, head on over to the dedicated thread set-up exclusively for BHQ subscribers on the 'broncos talk' postings section!

Can't wait to speak with you again soon Pal .

Re: Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Fella, really nice to hear FROM you again and hope all is well. Now, if you want to be one of the first to hear a comprehensive summary of Hook's address to fans tonite, head on over to the dedicated thread set-up exclusively for BHQ subscribers on the 'broncos talk' postings section!

Can't wait to speak with you again soon Pal .

Thanks hook, theres no doubt about mate, you're the man!!!

so its official that we told wallace he's no longer wanted ?

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

i kinda feel bad for wally if that is true. yes he's been crap but i dont doubt he's been absolutely trying his best. he just isnt good enough.

the cowboys could probably use him.

Last edited:
you know what? despite what I think of Wallace, that's a shitty move by management. I mean, surely it's not in the past couple of weeks we've only just realized he's not what we require? Especially after Penrith were outwardly sounding him out for a return?

total dick move.

yeah agreed. i dont want him in the halves for us but he should of been allowed the opportunity to sign elsewhere when it was there.

Yeah, despite the barrage he cops on this forum there is no doubting Wallace's heart and desire for the club. It's a shame because I think he has shown glipses of being a top flight halfback particularly under Henjack and when partnered with Lockyer. If he were to get picked up by a club like Melbourne who have a greeat coach and an excellent half he could really prosper. Although I think it's time for him to move on it's a poor way for him to be dismissed from the club.

THe numbers definitely don't mean anything for most sides (except maybe the Roosters and Souffs at times), but DCE should definitely be playing on both sides of the field if he ever came here, not just on the left or the right or whatever.

I also totally agree. I know it goes against "Rugby League for Dummies" to not have a half on each side of the field and that's where they stay, but honestly it isn't very effective unless you have 2 really good quality playmakers.

Also agree with the comment about Hunt's issues in the past being that he plays what's in front of him. To me, that's an admirable quality, but if the rest of the team is being coached to stick to a plan, the whole plan and nothing but the plan, if you have your halfback play what's in front of him the rest of them won't know what's on.

Fundamentally we're overcoached in attack.

While he refused to comment about the issue when contacted by The Australian, it is believed Wallace was furious

You have to laugh. He refused to comment, but they believe he was furious. Love journalists.

If Wallace doesn't want to go he can always stay and finish out his contract, the club persisted and persisted and at this point they don't think he's the man to lead us forward.

Dropping Norman and telling Wallace to find a new club are two good moves Griffin has made, hopefully Prince is next although if we don't have another half signing lined up for next year then I would keep him around for 1 more year.

Hate to bang on about it, but this gives further credibility to the DCE rumor, DCE is after the money (and so is Barba), by getting rid of Wallace we free up significant dollars.

I agree, I think he'd go great partnering thurston. He'd even improve on their hooker(s)

The article says it is understood that Wallace had been told to look for a club for next season. To me that sounds like a journalist assuming things because Wallace was demoted to the bench, especially given the Broncos don't tell the media shit about their recruitment and retention plans.

would they know what Wallace was told by the club considering neither Wallace nor the club have made a comment.

Last edited:
surprised nobody has connected the dots re this apparent & rather sudden about-face on Wallace ... surely this is a 'red flag' that something is brewing re the number 7 broncos jersey for 2014 ....

I also totally agree. I know it goes against "Rugby League for Dummies" to not have a half on each side of the field and that's where they stay, but honestly it isn't very effective unless you have 2 really good quality playmakers.

Also agree with the comment about Hunt's issues in the past being that he plays what's in front of him. To me, that's an admirable quality, but if the rest of the team is being coached to stick to a plan, the whole plan and nothing but the plan, if you have your halfback play what's in front of him the rest of them won't know what's on.

Fundamentally we're overcoached in attack.

... and under-coached in scoring points.

In any case, a quality play maker is only as good as his support runners (aside from individual brilliance) and left side or right, the key is that all players watch the play and expect the unexpected as much as executing a set play.

Like earlier posts have said - the class play maker Daley-Cam-Ben-Evans- Barba--Smith-Johnson makes a break, looks around and says: hello? Where is everybody?

But all this is academic so far for us this season which has been spits and dribbles of class plays and mostly .... yes. 4 x one-out > kick and hope

Last edited:
surprised nobody has connected the dots re this apparent & rather sudden about-face on Wallace ... surely this is a 'red flag' that something is brewing re the number 7 broncos jersey for 2014 ....

Absolutely. I mean obviously we dont know if he has been told that because journalists are harmichaels. But if in fact he has been told that then to me DCE is coming. There is no way in hell they tell wallace at this point of the season that he's time is up if they dont have a solution coming for next year.

You have to laugh. He refused to comment, but they believe he was furious. Love journalists.[/FONT][/COLOR]
What happens if he was like, nah mate i don't want to fuckin talk about it, ok?

Would he be furious then, despite not discussing it? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Gaz
  • Financeguy
  • Tmac
  • Emanon
  • Hoshsie
  • bert_lifts
  • Nerd
  • theshed
  • Dexter
  • Yellowfella
  • Evander
  • phoenix
  • porouian
  • LittleDavey
  • MrTickyMcG
  • LGH
  • PeterR
  • broncoscope
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.