Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Garry has also just responded to a poster asking about a rumour that Martin Kennedy is coming to us. His answer: me too, pretty much done.

Haven't seen too much of him ... whats he like

He is a solid front rower. Would be good off the bench with Hannat and McGuire starting. He was tipped to play for QLD two season ago but that never happened. I'd take him if he isnt costing us too much.

Chris Garry has also just responded to a poster asking about a rumour that Martin Kennedy is coming to us. His answer: me too, pretty much done.

Haven't seen too much of him ... whats he like

IMO kennedy is a solid player thats only going to get better. He's 24 so as a prop is only really coming into he's peak, I would be very happy to pick him up. If he is leaving the roosters I can only assume it is too release salary cap pressure so don't think he would be costing too much. Would add greatly to our prop rotation and ensure that thaiday never ever plays in the front row again

Kennedy has a pretty good motor too from what I've seen, and some aggression. Could be bad news for Hala. I'd say McGuire, Hannant, Tasi and Kennedy would be the first choice quartet of front rowers.

I'm sure Wallace wants to stay. As the article pointed out he's just had a child, and he'd be well established in Brisbane. Last thing you'd want to do in that situation is move interstate.

But I suspect the Broncos have told him they won't renew his contract at the end and if he gets another offer he should consider it.

Very true mate, especially the last part. I reckon he will be used off the bench as per Hunt has been ( utility) and Johnson is coming.

too many props IMO. we only need 3 in the 17, mcguire/hannant to start, hannant to sub with tasi/hala/kennedy, mcguire to play 80.

although hala cant play more than 10 mins, so *could* go 4 props - mcguire 80, hannant 40, tasi/kennedy/hala 20 each for 2 of them.

this obsession with finding another prop is still odd to me, but i guess with the amount of injuries hannant and hala seem to pick up the spare prop is becoming a requirement. stll i think dodds has started improving and jarrod wallace is yet to really develop.

kennedy is a good goer though. i was pretty impressed the few games i saw of him this year.

if you had to choose between wallace and macca playing #9 who would you choose? i think i'd choose sneaky pete.

I would think the Broncos see McGuire as the logical replacement for Parker at Lock in the longer term

Surprised no one picked up Watts comments in the Australian today.

I think we could get away with two props on the bench if we get rid of this constant half/hooker on the bench ploy. Lets go with

8. Hannant
9. McCollough
10. McGuire
11. Glen
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Tasi
15. Gillet
16. Hala
17. Kennedy, Dodds, Anderson, etc

I'm sure Wallace wants to stay. As the article pointed out he's just had a child, and he'd be well established in Brisbane. Last thing you'd want to do in that situation is move interstate.

But I suspect the Broncos have told him they won't renew his contract at the end and if he gets another offer he should consider it.
Exactly, he still has a contract and he can keep it but if he wants to guarantee he'll be playing first grade beyond 2014 he should be looking elsewhere. I really hope Wallace leaves, I think we can do better with a fresh start in the halves.

For a good price, I'd be very happy with Kennedy, he's a promising player with a lot of talent and only 24 years old. He was 18th man for QLD in game 2 this year so he's rated by selectors.

He'd be a better buy than Shillo.

If we sign Kennedy we will have arguably the best forward pack in the game next year. Add DCE and a good fullback (ideally Barba but Locke will do if that's the most we can afford) and we're in a good position to go top 4.

Last edited:
Fine - if Watt backs him so hard, let's see the board deliver these signings then. At least he recognizes we're absolutely short of quality and we need to be taking some big scalps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosgirl
  • pennywisealfie
  • Culhwch
  • Stix
  • BRC088
  • Hoshsie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • upthebroncs
  • Locky24
  • bb_gun
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • broncoscope
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Spooky1013
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.