Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he recognizes that we're two marquee signings short of being a good squad, which is pretty true (As long it's a Half and a Fullback)

I think Sammy playing in the front row hasn't really help the team or Big Sam himself, we need enough quality props too cover injuries and make sure Sam plays from the the second row, I think we will see much better performances and value out of him. Which then moves Gillet back onto the bench where he seems to be the most effective as well.

Inb4 we sign Maurice Blair.

Tigers CEO on fox sports news saying they have no interest in Wallace. Maybe he is being shipped around..?

At full strength I don't think we need another prop (not including moose to lock eventually) but the problem with signing Kennedy to add depth is that he will be playing origin soon enough.

honestly, i cant see any reason why any team in the NRL would sign him.

hes had 6 whole years of the halfback position here and he has shown that he has little to no creativity, little to no attacking skills, little to no organisational skills, little to no leadership skills, and little to no natural athletic talent or skill. hes got a decent tackle on him though....

i think by staying with us so long hes basically forced into going overseas when we finally realise that hes not worth having on our roster. every other team out there has seen that hes not a first grade halfback who can score you points or win you games, so i fail to see why anyone would bother signing him for anything other than a depth player on match payments for origin time or injuries.

england or retirement for mine. he'll be 29 next year, so if he does see out his contract he'll be a 30 year old over-the-hill-and-never-that-good-before-the-hill half who produced nothing of memory in his far too long broncos career.

At full strength I don't think we need another prop (not including moose to lock eventually) but the problem with signing Kennedy to add depth is that he will be playing origin soon enough.
I think we have proved this year that we do not have the depth up front or Sam would not be playing there

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...rss&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

BRONCOS great Gorden Tallis has taken a sledgehammer to the battling club, saying he wouldn't want to play with many in the current squad. The former Maroons and Kangaroos captain also backed poaching raids on Cameron Smith and Daly Cherry-Evans as Brisbane prepares for a virtual grand final against the Cowboys on Friday night.
While Tallis said Smith signing at Red Hill in 2015 was "a good chance", he admitted the club has lost much of its appeal.
"I wanted to go there and play with Allan Langer, Kevin Walters and Steve Renouf," he told Triple M of his move from the Dragons in 1996.
"It's sad to say that other than Sammy Thaiday and Justin Hodges, there's not too many guys there that I would want to go and play with. It's simple. I think it has lost a bit of aura."
Tallis said chasing Storm, Maroons and Kangaroos hooker Smith was the best way to halt Brisbane's slide to mediocrity.
"Smith is No.1, without a doubt. He is the leader of the NRL. He can turn the side around," he said.
"He's probably one of the best leaders to ever play our game.
"(And) last year there was three halfbacks that went on the market, (Johnathan) Thurston, (Cooper) Cronk and Cherry-Evans. We had to get one.
"I would have gone for Cherry-Evans because he's the youngest. I think he can stay for a long time."
"And if Benny Barba's on the market and Karmichael Hunt . . . I would love to see those guys come back."
Smith, though, remained the most likely target, Tallis claimed.
"He's done his time down in Melbourne. He's shown his loyalty. He's got a young family now. He's been away for a long time. I don't think he's ever going to settle in Melbourne," he said.
"I think that is the perfect guy to come back. I think you pay what you pay to get him because he'll be in the organisation for a long time. I think that he is the only guy that I've watched that could walk straight out of playing and become a coach."

We've signed tasi since then, Dodds has come into his own, Lui had a good game, moose is back in form, Wallace will be better next year. But that's beside the point. I said he would be a good signing for depth particularly with origin but the problem with this is he has already been 18th man for qld and will be plating origin soon enough which makes him a poor depth signing.

Last edited:
We've signed tasi since then, Dodds has come into his own, Lui had a good game, moose is back in form, Wallace will be better next year. But that's beside the point. I said he would be a good signing for depth particularly with origin but the problem with this is he has already been 18th man for qld and will be plating origin soon enough which makes him a poor depth signing.
i dont know about soon, unless we get some injuries again.

hannant, mcguire and scott have 3 prop spots sewn up next year. myles plays prop for QLD too, so thats 4 players who can play prop. this year we went in with only 1 actual prop, and kennedy still didnt get a look in. then we have 2 other second rowers on the bench along with cherry-evans, and that equals no room for kennedy.

.....Barba/DCE/Kennedy and we definitely have a permiership capable squad.

I still think we are 2 marquee player signings AND a coach signing away from being a premiership force

I still think we are 2 marquee player signings AND a coach signing away from being a premiership force

So your saying that if we sign barba, DCE & Kennedy we are still two marquees away... for real???

Kennedy marquee. LOL. But no team has more than three marquee players

5.8 this year and 6.4 I think for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• john1420
  • Jedhead
  • bert_lifts
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • Redfern_1980
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • Dash
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • KickHaas
  • Evander
  • Wolfie
  • Locky24
  • The True King
  • teampjta
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.