Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just meant that I would take off his pants and replace them with new expensive ones, that's all, please take your filthy minds elsewhere!

Please read your comment again with an open mind and, you'll see there's no way anyone would see that was what you were intending. having said that i agree with you that needs to make a major signing, as his missed out on a lot of off contract player this year already.

Please read your comment again with an open mind and, you'll see there's no way anyone would see that was what you were intending. having said that i agree with you that needs to make a major signing, as his missed out on a lot of off contract player this year already.

pretty sure he was joking bud

Attachments

• 5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg
    5269558397_64406aeb94_z.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 141
Sign Carney, Thurston, or Dugan. Attempted to pick up Jennings, Maloney, Falou, etc. Just off the top of my head.

How many of those players do you honestly think we stood a chance with? I don't care what people want to think, Falou was never returning to league and only used it to make the ARU act quicker.

Carney is a Shark and unless they fold or do him wrong I think he will always be a shark, same goes for Thurston at the Cowboys. Dugan we looked at and pretty much had, personal opinions on his rant aside, the club felt he wasn't stable enough to wear the colours.

Maloney, Jennings... eh don't care.

I don't disagree with you, they were just examples. I'm also happy to concede I have no idea about how much effort they've put into recruitment behind close doors just to have none of the deals eventuate. The Brisbane Broncos don't have the appeal they once had.

My point is there has been plenty of big names off contract since Locky retired, and we've known since about 2010 that we needed to consider signing outside of the club. Though again, I'll concede that at one point it looked like we had the most talented young players coming through and there was no real way of knowing that none of them would become the stars we hoped they would (other than Yow Yeh, the jury is still out on Gillett).

The fact that our biggest signings of the last few years have been Prince and Hannant is pretty alarming, and I'm not sure what would be worse, that we didn't try or that we tried and couldn't.

TL;DR: Why didn't we sign Segeyaro? :(

Last edited:
Segeyaro, We have Macca, Granville, Hunt and Baptise all playing the Hooker roll this season. We don't need to add a 5th wheel to it. All 5 mentioned players (Seggy included, Macca maybe not) have potential to be stars. Hooker isn't the position we should be looking to fill, instead we should be looking to use the guys on our books better. A great example is finally getting Hunt out of the hooker rotation and into the position he was destined for, now the club need to look at the 3 remaining options and decide who we run with long term. I'd personally go for Granville.

As for why we aren't signing other big name players, the big name guys coming off contract the last 12months are in general pretty loyal blokes. We can complain all we want about the players who jump for money (Izzy, SBW) however there are just as many players now putting their love for their club before the extra dollars. (Farah, Thurston, Cronk, Carney, Parker) it's just unfortunate for us that those guys are playing in positions we are chasing.

What do you expect Gee to do when DCE, Barba and Milford are still contracted

I would have expected that between Gee and White they would be in position where we dont have to rely on getting players out of existing contracts. Where was the forward planning? Don't answer that. There was none at all. Thats why we are desperate. All 3 need to be sacked. Gee, White and Griffin have run us into the ground.

Even if Milford was wanting to come back to QLD, why would he want to come to the Broncos with the state of the club at the moment. Its pretty sad state of affairs whent he only way we can attract player (allegedly) is based on compassionate grounds or when they are down and out and need a lifeline (Dugan). Back in the day, players were attracted to the culture and a chance of a premiership.

How did we let ourselves miss out on Jamie Soward? Someone should be fired over that.

It's scary to think that if Norman didn't sign with Parramatta it's possible we wouldn't even be looking at signing new players, him leaving might be the best thing to ever happen to the Broncos.

Wasn't Mitchell Pearce off contract recently too? We could have had a Pearce/Soward half pairing!

If they need a replacement for Gee, I expect the full support of BHQ to get me his gig.

It's scary to think that if Norman didn't sign with Parramatta it's possible we wouldn't even be looking at signing new players, him leaving might be the best thing to ever happen to the Broncos.

We should have gone with #6 Norman #7 Hunt right away and stuck with it, they complimented each other well.

Wasn't Mitchell Pearce off contract recently too? We could have had a Pearce/Soward half pairing!

If they need a replacement for Gee, I expect the full support of BHQ to get me his gig.

I'd like to throw my support behind you 100% and at the same time submit an application to join the recruitment team.

We should have gone with #6 Norman #7 Hunt right away and stuck with it, they complimented each other well.

I agree, some of our best performances last season were with, Norman, Hunt & Macca. It's a shame we never got to see that combo on a more regular basis.

I agree, some of our best performances last season were with, Norman, Hunt & Macca. It's a shame we never got to see that combo on a more regular basis.

They handled Melbourne well a few years back as well without Locky/Wallace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • ostin86
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.