Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought i'd point out, Mundine is at the Broncos tonight as part of the close the gap round.... He is also looking to relocate to Brisbane for boxing and to give himself and Cooper a place to train together..

Brisbane could be a very real option for Ferg if the Raiders release him.

It is my understanding that the new salary cap rules will include exemptions for long term injuries so why not sign Hodges, he would be exempt foremost of next year anyway. JYY would also be exempt if he cannot make it back to NRL

Thought i'd point out, Mundine is at the Broncos tonight as part of the close the gap round.... He is also looking to relocate to Brisbane for boxing and to give himself and Cooper a place to train together..

nah when i suggested we go after ferguson i was told that i didnt know what i was talking about by fellow BHQers, so obviously anthony mundine and ferguson told those BHQers it wasnt happening...

Hence the reason I used the word arguably mate, he's definitely up there. And let's say he wants 350k for the year. That's really only 290k with the 60k deduction. Don't you think in the scheme of things, he is worth 290k to hang around the club and possibly get 3/4 of a season out of him? He will want to finish on a high so will be doing everything to get out there
i dont agree with arguably though. for mine, lyon is definitely number 1. anyway thats neither here nor there.

i dont think its worth signing him for even $290k NOW when hes not going to lace on a footy boot for close to 12 months, a week after he did his achilles. i think we see how he goes, then we THINK about offering him another year or just go match payments. lets be real here - its not like some other club would swoop in and buy him. not every club is as stupid with signings as the broncos. match payments works for us, and its better than nothing for him if he reckons he can stay fit.

he might want to finish on a high, no doubt he does - but he probably didnt want to also have been playing for 14 years so far and only *just* have cracked the 200 game mark. for comparison, ben hunt has played about 90 games for us. hes in his fifth year, and has been a bench player for those 5 years. you dont always get what you want. if you did, hodges wouldnt have just had his like 5th long term season ending injury.

It is my understanding that the new salary cap rules will include exemptions for long term injuries so why not sign Hodges, he would be exempt foremost of next year anyway. JYY would also be exempt if he cannot make it back to NRL
thats still just in its "hopefully the NRL implements something like that" stages as far as i can tell.

Last edited:
Prefer not to have a piece of shit like Ferguson at the Broncos. Plus Mundine moving to Brisbane isn't even confirmed. Hopefully BS because Brisbane could do without have harmichaels like Mundine here.

Prefer not to have a piece of shit like Ferguson at the Broncos. Plus Mundine moving to Brisbane isn't even confirmed. Hopefully BS because Brisbane could do without have harmichaels like Mundine here.

I know he is viewing a house in 'around' Inala today, a real estate agent I was dealing with earlier regarding some shitty neighbors told me. "I don't have time to fix their shit sorry mate, they will be out soon don't worry. I just don't have time to deal with them today as I need to head over Inala way to show Mundine some properties."

This bloke is one of the few honest agents, He deals with most houses in my area and I've always been able to go to him with issues with his clients and he was quick and honest in fixing them. The Broncos posting earlier that Mundine would be at tonights game just confirmed that he is at least in Brisbane.

I think once a player starts going well, fans will generally change their opinion of him for the better. Ferguson is one of the most talented backs in the comp, he'd certainly improve the side.

I think once a player starts going well, fans will generally change their opinion of him for the better. Ferguson is one of the most talented backs in the comp, he'd certainly improve the side.

EDIT: Unacceptable post. Do not comment on an investigation unless you have a credible source to back your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ferguson coming to the Broncos would be absolutely awesome. He is an awesome talent and a great player, if he gets his head right and stays out of trouble he will be a great signing for us.

i think the whole ferguson thing was made up. or taken a long way out of context. then again, maybe not. he's got real talent but i could never be a 'fan' of his.

As much as I agree Fergo has amazing abilities, I would've rathered Dugan.

All Broncos' indigenous players have been invited today, they will be on the field before the game.

OMG, do you realise what you may have done? If anyone at the GH reads this, we might have another Wallace POTS vote en mass! :loool:

OMG, do you realise what you may have done? If anyone at the GH reads this, we might have another Wallace POTS vote en mass! :loool:

Haha didn't even think of that..... oh well, Wallace needs a couple of points :P

Haha didn't even think of that..... oh well, Wallace needs a couple of points :P
Yeah, easy for you to say. You're not the one having to go through all those votes, clean them up, then grab all those IP addresses and submit them to Hackers 'r'us! :001_rolleyes:

Baptiste did his shoulder again yesterday, dislocated badly. That'll be his season over Norths aren't making the finals. Not sure what his future holds now.

As much as I don't like admitting it, if we had to chose between re-signing Hodgo at this point or signing Furgo...Hodges would be the most intimidating and injury prone water boy in the NRL.

Did anyone read the paper version of the CM today? Michael Westlake has a column that included news Loti Tuquiri is buying a house in Brisbane. Would make sense considering the longstanding Old Boys "final fling" programme.
Also had a piece about a Broncos playing wanting out of the club.
Finally, rumours of discontent among players about the way Wallace was treated.

How does the Salary Cap work in cases such as Prince. Does his contract wage for next season still count under our cap or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Johnny92
  • broncoscope
  • simplythebest
  • The True King
  • the_next
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Robboi_321
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • jarro65
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.