Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not fussed about Lui leaving but it is a shame since he has only just started to play well.

Hala and lui are similar players and my pick is hala , has more going for him imo

896361-hunt-broncos.jpg

Hala and lui are similar players and my pick is hala , has more going for him imo

Agreed though you will have to convince Griffin to get his fitness up, assuming he doesn't cop more injuries.

Listening to talking sport on the radio, your used to the Canterbury/NSW bias on it but geez talk about sour grapes over it.

we have too many forwards, so while Lui has impressed me a bit lately, we need to lose some players so i wont be unhappy if he leaves. there are a few others id prefer to leave, but ill take what i can get.

oates needs to not be put on the wing. hes not a winger.

Lui is pretty much gone and Anderson is off contract, that will cut some of the forward fat, Dodds has shown himself good enough to be kept for depth so should stick with him. Normally we stuff up in signing young players too early for too long but I reckon we did well with Oates signing him for 3 years.

Last edited:
we have too many forwards, so while Lui has impressed me a bit lately, we need to lose some players so i wont be unhappy if he leaves. there are a few others id prefer to leave, but ill take what i can get.

oates needs to not be put on the wing. hes not a winger.

lol yep our backline is full of forwards

lol yep our backline is full of forwards

Yep, having too many forwards was probably helpful this year, we'd have been fucked otherwise.

JYY
Copley
Reed for a couple games
Hodges for a couple games
Kemp most the year
Kahu on and off

etc etc

Icing on todays cake.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/broncos-continue-their-recruitment-and-retention-drive-with-signing-of-rookie-utility-jake-granville/story-fniabm4i-1226706033347

THE Broncos have continued their recruitment and retention drive with rookie utility Jake Granville shunning interest from the Cowboys to remain at Red Hill.
On a day when Brisbane announced the prize signing of Ben Barba, Granville has secured his own future by inking a one-year deal with the Broncos.

The 24-year-old may lack the profile and panache of Barba but like the reigning Dally M Medallist, Granville has a golden opportunity at the Broncos in 2014.

While Andrew McCullough is entrenched as Brisbane's first-choice hooker, Peter Wallace's departure to Penrith at season’s end has opened the door for Granville to claim an interchange role.

Granville’s energy out of dummy half piqued the interest of the Cowboys, but the pint-sized Rockhampton junior stayed loyal after celebrating his NRL breakthrough this season.

"It was good to get it (contract talks) over and done with, I'm just looking forward to next year now," said Granville, who has played two games this season after making his NRL debut against the Titans in round 10.

"It wasn’t too nerve-racking being off-contract. It was nice to know another club had some interest, but I was happy to stay at the Broncos and give it a good crack next year.

"Macca (McCullough) is doing a good job at hooker but hopefully I can get a few games in that (interchange) role next season."

Growing up, Granville, who is on the verge of completing a carpentry apprenticeship, was a committed Broncos fan. And given he stands at 172cm, it comes as no surprise that he idolised Brisbane's greatest little legend, 165cm former halfback Allan Langer.

For Granville, Langer is the most emphatic evidence that size is no impediment to success in the NRL.

"I loved watching ‘Alfie’. Being little like him, I guess he was the one guy that inspired me," he said.

"I was always a fan of the Broncos, I remember going to the 1997 Super League grand final at ANZ Stadium (against the Sharks).

"Being at the Broncos has improved me a fair bit. I've learned a lot from the senior players and I've put on 3kg since I've been here which has helped my game."

Granville, who attended St Brendan's Yeppoon and played in the same school side as Titans hulk Dave Taylor, admits the NRL is a significant step up from the Intrust Super Cup.

"It's a lot quicker in the NRL," he said.

"When I played those couple of games earlier in the year I was pretty stuffed after a short period of time, whereas I play 80 minutes on the weekend in Queensland Cup.

"Everything is a lot faster and more intense, but it’s made me a better player and hopefully I can take another step next year."

Last edited:
Granville as bench hooker is a great idea, but he needs to be explosive.

"Being at the Broncos has improved me a fair bit. I've learned a lot from the senior players and I've put on 3kg since I've been here which has helped my game."

There's Hook's influence, right there :loool: Seriously though, it's great news!

Good stuff, he should be our #14 for all of next season, no chopping and changing unless his form is really bad.

I thought 1910 said Granville will be going to the cowboys......?

Anyone know what the Broncos press conference in the morning is all about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• phoenix
  • mrtij
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Shane Tronc
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Xzei
  • Rambstien
  • BruiserMk1
  • Dexter
  • Stix
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Robboi_321
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.