Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
AP is happy for the broncos to overpay the likes of Dugan and Carney. You don't see the storm signing up ****wits.
you have to overpay to get the players that can win you premierships, thats just how it is these days. players like dugan and carney are those players. tbh i dont think 600k is overpaid for dugan or carney. theyre gamebreakers. theyre certainly more than twice as good as reed/gillett IMO, and thats about twice the money (or even less than that if the $3mil figure has any truth). gillett wont win you a premiership, carney could. gillett cant carry a team, carney can. thats what we lack - someone who can grab a game by the balls and turn it in our favour. players like carney/dugan can do that, especially carney.

the storm dont sign ***wits, but you do see them actually signing people from outside their juniors.

Our side doesn't need another backrower. Would be crazy to pay big money for Mateo. AP you love to overrate opposition players don't you.
only ones worth overrating.

have you ever actually watched mateo play in a team thats not complete rubbish? hes on a whole other level to our second rowers. he adds one huge thing we havent had for years - unpredictability. his awesome offload does more than just get us another hit up, it draws defenders, puts them in two minds, creating space for our backs. he can be lazy, but he can be one of the most dangerous players in the game with ball in hand.

Last edited:
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Once again a total lack of understanding of a TEAM / club dynamic. Carney has learned to be a team member and representative of the his club and that only came about by taking it away from him, Dugan isn't close to being there yet.

From a purely footy pov Dugan works. From a team and club perspective I believe he would have papered over the cracks for a short time before dragging the whole organisation into his shiite.

However, buying a player with a proven disregard for everything a good club should stand for and needs was always going to be a risk, one which we were prepared to accept until the guy self destructed during negotiations.

edited: removed pottygate talk

Last edited by a moderator:
QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Mateo was my first draft pick in my fantasy league and hes not going very well for me atm. hope this helps

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
One mans trash is another mans treasure

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Mateo was my first draft pick in my fantasy league and hes not going very well for me atm. hope this helps

He is a quality backrower but inconsistent. He is very much a downhill skier. He just isn't the type of player the Broncos need. We need a quality half and a quality back.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I heard a rumour that we were looking really hard at Black Caviar's half-brother. However, his asking price was too high and would have seen him take up most of the cap. It's rumoured St. George are now looking at him.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
on dugan, a simple behaviour clause in his contract basically eliminates any risk whatsoever for the club. whatever happened we end up looking good - he keeps his nose clean and plays well, we helped a young man whos life was coming undone. he gets in trouble and acts up, we cut ties with him and say we gave him a chance and tried to help him but he broke our trust. win-win.

it was a stupid move to pull the contract IMO. there was next to no risk.

And what happens when said contract is broken, quite likely after our more promising stocks in the backline have signed elsewhere? Put a clause in their contract that if the clause in Dugan's contract is activated then they have to come back to the Broncos?

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
edited: removed potty gate talk

And what happens when said contract is broken, quite likely after our more promising stocks in the backline have signed elsewhere? Put a clause in their contract that if the clause in Dugan's contract is activated then they have to come back to the Broncos?
if you think we have any back who is more promising than Dugan id love to hear who it is, cause ive seen noone close.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I have nothing against Carney, he seems to have got his act together. He would be worth the risk and the money IMO.

Assumptions about Dugan???? Proven behaviour which won't be changed by changing his jersey.

You want Carney at the club & he has been in trouble a few times with the police. (drink driving etc), yet you don't want Dugan who acts like a fuckwit & hasn't been in trouble with the police.

I remember we had a player called Julian O'Neill & was given heaps of chances at our club & he was a total fuckwit for what he was doing.

edited: removed potty gate talk

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Closed until the mods are able to sort this thread out.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
OK, we've deleted all the posts discussing the Alhambra Lounge talk. It was done to death when it happened and it's not relevant to this thread. If you want to bring it up again, make a new thread. Anything further on the topic will see infractions being issued.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The Australian said we are linked to Soward. It was in the article about Reed and Gillett re-signing. It also said no offer has been made

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Well I sure hope not.
I cringe at the thought of Soward pulling on a Broncos jersey. Yuck. Just yuck.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
IMO, since we have openly stated that we are chasing a play maker, we will be linked to everyone on the market. Mist likely by player managers looking to bump up their clients price.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • easybreezy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.