Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of our highest paid players, 1 is injured (Yow Yeh), 2 are injured every second week (Hodges, McGuire), 1 is inconsistent (Wallace) and 1 is injured at the moment but usually pretty safe (Hannant)

Oh and also our best and most consistent player for the past few years (In my opinion) Corey Parker probably only has a couple of years left.

I dare say we're in a bit of trouble unless we make some moves.
Everyone on this forum has a genuine concern about the direction this wonderful club seems to be heading.To the average supporter which I include myself what has been happening on and off the field in the past years has been very concerning .Bronco supporters expect success or at the very least be very competitive.Stumbling in to eighth place or a little higher then straight out in the finals.It would be good for supporters if the club acknowledged the areas which we are weak in and said that we are in the market for marque signings to fill those positions.Once upon a time players wanted to come to the broncs now the broncs have to chase signings.From 2014 the broncs roster needs players like shaun Johnson, cherry evans,big papalia from Canberra(how ever you spell his name)evan barba.Clean out the deck ,if changes on this scale aren't made it will continue unsatisfactory results.Norman ,Wallace prince stagg gone.That frees up money let alone the money left when Petro and Locky retired.

Last edited:
It's fine to want to clean out some players, but you have to be able to replace them with better ones.

As it stands, pretty much every club can now afford to keep players they want, and who want to stay.

Kinda leaves us out in the cold a bit.

Yeah, we missed the boat on that one. But next year maybe?

It's not feasible to cut a dozen players from your under contract players- you're going to have half your cap playing for other teams.

We need another prop. A big bopper to support our struggling young forwards.

These are the best props off contract.

Keith Galloway
Luke Bailey
Michael Weyman
Ben Ross
Brett White
Scott Andersen
Dunamis Lui
Mitchell Dodds

Bailey would be the type of player our young forward pack needs, but can't see him ever leaving the Titans. Ben Ross might fall into this category.

Weyman and White I despise.

Anderson and Lui have shown their ability. Time to cut loose. I'd keep Dodds for depth.

Keith Galloway - interesting proposition. I've thrown his name around before. Would be my preference. Would have been fighting Fifita for Blues jumper this year but for his injury.

Halves - whatever the recruitment roullette throws at us.

8. Hannant
10. Galloway
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Stagg (unless career over)
15. J. Wallace
16. Gillett
17. Hala

.The players I mentioned you have to go after ,if they don't nothing changes.Add young Luke Keary (small $ )to that list .All the names I listed are very young so potentially the club can build around them.. Forget about being out in the cold.If you are in the cold the first thing you do is get the hell out of the cold.With that attitude the broncs will not get any better.Penrith had a big clean out (lewis,gordan,jennings)and guess what .The sun still came up and they are winning more games this year than they did before the clean out. Galloway (depending on how old he is) interesting

Last edited:
stagg should never pull on the broncos jersey again. he shouldnt have pulled it on even once this year. how people can possibly find a spot for him in their team baffles me.

It's fine to want to clean out some players, but you have to be able to replace them with better ones.

As it stands, pretty much every club can now afford to keep players they want, and who want to stay.

Kinda leaves us out in the cold a bit.

Exactly!! It would NOT be wise to just chop and change if there are NOT better alternatives available. We NEED to have a little more faith in not only Hook and his strategies/team selections, but also the guys who have been selected to do their job. Ok, so last night, and several times this year, things haven't gone to plan. BUT, the season is only half way through and there is still a STRONG possibility we can make some noise if we can get into the finals. I AM confident we WILL do that.

Stagg would be useful, if the other members of our backrow didn't offer the exact same as him.

having said that, I don't know whether his effort and work ethic would rub off onto the others? that could be one of the few reasons to have him around, keep the young guys honest.

Exactly!! It would NOT be wise to just chop and change if there are NOT better alternatives available. We NEED to have a little more faith in not only Hook and his strategies/team selections, but also the guys who have been selected to do their job. Ok, so last night, and several times this year, things haven't gone to plan. BUT, the season is only half way through and there is still a STRONG possibility we can make some noise if we can get into the finals. I AM confident we WILL do that.

Well congrats, you're the only one. You must be a genius because you're clearly seeing something that just about no one else is.

stagg should never pull on the broncos jersey again. he shouldnt have pulled it on even once this year. how people can possibly find a spot for him in their team baffles me.

I agree completely, why oh why? I'm not happy about Prince either, but you can totally understand why that grabbed him. And to be honest all our other options are worse.

Last edited:
I think we HAVE to secure either Keary or Milford, I'm not fussed about which one, we just need a fucking spark in the halves, and they're both Queenslanders.

Stagg is like the only player who knows how to tackle.

This is hilarious
Go watch the Titans game and see who covered a couple of glaring holes through the middle before he was injured. We needed him last night looking at how easily they came through us

BUT, the season is only half way through
thats what makes me sad. only half way through the season and we're already losing to all the non-rubbish sides. the broncos ALWAYS have a mid-late season fade, whereas other teams get better when it comes to the business end of the season. we usually play as well in round 6 as we do in 26. it was always a problem with wayne bennett coached sides, even the dragons, and its another of his failures that our team has seemingly kept around.

come the end of the season we'll be just praying that we dont get the wooden spoon.

That's depressing isn't it? I can really see this team come close to the bottom of the ladder. I still have origin to look forward to I guess. I hope QLD smash NSW just so I can have a good victory.

wheres this big signing before rnd 13 that people kept talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • Brocko
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.