Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Thought it was after Round 13? Anyway, it was just a ploy by the management to keep the fans at bay. They'll soon point to a mystery announcement after Round 20 that'll be sure to get the tongues wagging! (A new sponsor or something, no mention of recruitment).

But don't worry, remember, Griffin publicly said they have a recruitment plan and they're not going to make it public, so it's in safe hands...

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
oh i thought it was before rnd 13 as thats when next years contracts are registered or something (ie signing a player who would be released from their next years contract at another club before rnd 13).

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I was against the initial signing of Stagg but I was wrong. It is as clear as day that he is very handy for depth especially in Origin time.

T

tkday

Banned User
Mar 10, 2010
Someone rename this thread, the only player movements are ones from our team leaving or coming back when they need a walking frame.

Damn this was one of the funniest posts. As soon as we sign all the young guys we can close this thread.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
oh i thought it was before rnd 13 as thats when next years contracts are registered or something (ie signing a player who would be released from their next years contract at another club before rnd 13).

Round 13 is the deadline to renege on deals. So it's likely the announcement (if it exists) will come after round 13, just in case the poor sap who's signed gets cold feet after seeing his future team get flogged.

B

big bear

Feb 25, 2013
Plenty of comments of player movements and rumours.But can someone tell me what broncos board and coach are actually doing to turn this nrl side and club around to make them truly competition contenders again.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Plenty of comments of player movements and rumours.But can someone tell me what broncos board and coach are actually doing to turn this nrl side and club around to make them truly competition contenders again.
I'd really love to know too, but I appreciate the fact they don't play it in the social media... :winky:

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
We all know what management is doing. .Didley Squat lol. . Sad to see our beloved Club slowly becoming a joke..Hard to watch at times. .I hope to God we get some new players for next year..And no I don't mean more 2nd tier contact players.. Big name, Big game players. .I know..I know. . There's none off contract. .But Goofin thinks they will drop out of thin air.. Let's see... He's the one under pressure now. .

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
So, let's see.

We need a fullback for next year. I am a big fan of Locke. I think he's just a complete package. I assume he was linked to us because of Tomkins. Then there's also Barba who we were also linked too. If we can't get either, then we need to chase Tomkins. I don't even mind his asking price of 1M or whatever it is, he's a star and we have too many deadbeats. Sign him for a few years, shed the excess weight of the useless players and analyse the situation again in 2 or 3 years time. Seriously, one of Locke, Barba or Tomkins, make it happen.

Next, the halves. Just get one of the Raiders players (except for McCrone). They can't keep them all, and the ones we have now are just wasting our time, because we aren't going to even come close to challenging for a premiership with them. Again, I don't care about their asking price, just like with the fullback we need to lose some overpaid players too, and the situation can be re-assessed in a couple of years again.

A big front rower would be awesome too, but there's literally no one better than anyone we have now on the market, so there's nothing we can do about it.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Isn't it obvious? They are having a rock off to decide the line up for next round. It's best out of three and I hear Hoffman is one loss away from starting at prop

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
And Corey Norman to partner him.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Oh cool, if we survive until Friday without a press conference announcing Corey Norman is backing out on his Parra deal, he's goooooone.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Well, the Dragons dropped Soward ... :loool:

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
stagg should never pull on the broncos jersey again. he shouldnt have pulled it on even once this year. how people can possibly find a spot for him in their team baffles me.

This is where his injury hurts the most, would of been a good depth replacement with our Origin players out.

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Rumour was it was after round 13 as they could change their mind up until this coming round. I am optimistic but not expecting it to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • LittleDavey
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • ezpz
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.