Broncos Player Movements and Rumours 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
A young player with decent speed and potential, won't happen, it's exactly what we need.

And if it did he would have to put on 15kg before he could run out in griffins team

Isn't he out injured for the rest of the season ?
He suffered a grade 3 medial tear last weekend according to the Eels website so it would surprise me if it goes ahead by June 30. More likely a signing for next year, may have been working towards June 30 before this injury

I really rate Tasi, I think he has huge potential, Blair is also a player with good potential. I'm actually excited if both these signings are true, they would be two cheap yet good signings which could make us immediately more competitive by replacing Maranta for Blair and having Tasi would give us a really good signing that would also allow Thaiday to go to the backrow again.

Please be true, please both signings happen before June 30.

I haven't seen a lot of Blair but from all reports he was pretty good at under 20's level. That said hard to be confident when we are picking up a Parramatta discard. Maybe a change of club could be good for him. We all know that Parra doesn't have a great track record of developing players. At least we are looking to fix our depth up a bit.

The fact that he's a discard doesn't mean there's too much wrong with his game. Ricky can't coach jack sh!t, so if there are deficiencies in his game, ie, defensively, Stuart wouldn't have a clue how to fix them so it's easier to move him on. Alongside either Hodges or Reed, who are both strong defenders and good communicators, he would be fine. And because he has size, there's no reason he couldn't be an option at centre long-term once Hodges retires.

He suffered a grade 3 medial tear last weekend according to the Eels website so it would surprise me if it goes ahead by June 30. More likely a signing for next year, may have been working towards June 30 before this injury
Well **** :( Well I'd still want him for next year, I think he's a good signing.

Re: Rumour - Peter Wallace returning to the Panthers?

read was first with the tasi news -

Brent Read
@brentread_7
5m

Scratch the Cheyse Blair to the Broncos rumour. He is going nowhere this season. Will remain with the Eels in 2013

Well **** :( Well I'd still want him for next year, I think he's a good signing.
Yep, looks like he's not coming this year.
@brentread_7: Scratch the Cheyse Blair to the Broncos rumour. He is going nowhere this season. Will remain with the Eels in 2013

The fact that he's a discard doesn't mean there's too much wrong with his game. Ricky can't coach jack sh!t, so if there are deficiencies in his game, ie, defensively, Stuart wouldn't have a clue how to fix them so it's easier to move him on. Alongside either Hodges or Reed, who are both strong defenders and good communicators, he would be fine. And because he has size, there's no reason he couldn't be an option at centre long-term once Hodges retires.

Griffin isn't exactly a master coach either though. He'll likely have the same faults, if not develop more.

I just spoke with Cheyse, he said just rumors, he isn't going anywhere this year.

The David Shillington to the Broncos rumour has popped up again on Twitter.

Griffin isn't exactly a master coach either though. He'll likely have the same faults, if not develop more.

Christ you're the fun police aren't you

I wouldn't mind Shillington but I also wouldn't want to pay overs for him, he'll be 31 next year and he isn't elite material but a forward pack of Hannant, Hala, McGuire, Shillo, Tasi is a strong pack.

Discussing potential signings in the player movements thread. Yep, fun police, you nailed it Sherlock.

Your just so down on everything

8. Hannant
10. Shillington
14. McGuire
15. Hala/Tasi

Dunno about 3 props on the bench, but whichever out of Hala and Tasi is performing better should get the spot on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.