NEWS Broncos playmaker plans on brink of collapse

I reckon we should just move on and get behind tommy dearden. Even though he’s a kid, if we can get say 18 games out of him next year that would be as good as we can hope for. I felt that the few games he played were the only ones that we had any kind of shape, structure and composure . He won’t stop the shit defence but hopefully cozza can.

Whether you agree we should have gone for croft or not, the way we managed this attempted recruitment is a reflection of how poorly this club is run.

We make it very clear to the public and our competitors about the perceived holes in our roster, initiate a very public approach to a player still under contract and whose team has not indicated that they are interested in getting rid of at this time, and then bluff a low ball offer as if we are doing melbourne a favour by taking him off their hands? Seriously, this team could not negotiate a root in a brothel.

Stopped reading at "Peter Badel"

where there's smoke there be fire, and we could do worse than a guy that just half backed a 40 competition points team.

I reckon we should just move on and get behind tommy dearden. Even though he’s a kid, if we can get say 18 games out of him next year that would be as good as we can hope for. I felt that the few games he played were the only ones that we had any kind of shape, structure and composure . He won’t stop the shit defence but hopefully cozza can.

I thought Dearden looked good in defense.

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Paul White in his interview with Gus say ‘WE WILL BE GOING TO MARKET .... WE WILL BE AFTER A HALF’?

Well guess what gents? Our marquee club signing is wait for it..... Jesse Fucking Arthurs and a broken down returning Jordan Kahu who nobody wanted and will now cost us the $400k needed for Croft.

****.... Me..... Dead.....

What pisses me off most about all this is not just the lies, deceit, mismanagement and PR spin, but the fact we went through that entire abomination of a 2019 season culminating in a 58-0 finals embarrassment that should have been the trigger for change and it has led to absolutely fucking nothing but more of the same next season. This club is absolutely full of fucking incompetence.

Just you wait the icing on the cake is yet to come... Boyd and Macca will be in the 17 for Round 1, I just fucking know it the PR spin is already in place. And then no doubt Dearden or Milford will inevitably break down and we will be resorting to Turpin at half again and Macca at 9 and we will be subjected to a shower of fucking shit for 90% of the season. Might be the first time since following this team that I wouldn’t be upset if I missed watching a couple of games.

AND WHY THE **** IS OUR COACH IN THE FUCKING USA DOING A FUCKING COURSE WHEN PRE SEASON IS UNDERWAY AND AFTER THE WAY LAST SEASON ENDED?!?

Correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t Paul White in his interview with Gus say ‘WE WILL BE GOING TO MARKET .... WE WILL BE AFTER A HALF’?

Well guess what gents? Our marquee club signing is wait for it..... Jesse Fucking Arthurs and a broken down returning Jordan Kahu who nobody wanted and will now cost us the $400k needed for Croft.

****.... Me..... Dead.....

What pisses me off most about all this is not just the lies, deceit, mismanagement and PR spin, but the fact we went through that entire abomination of a 2019 season culminating in a 58-0 finals embarrassment that should have been the trigger for change and it has led to absolutely fucking nothing but more of the same next season. This club is absolutely full of fucking incompetence.

Just you wait the icing on the cake is yet to come... Boyd and Macca will be in the 17 for Round 1, I just fucking know it the PR spin is already in place. And then no doubt Dearden or Milford will inevitably break down and we will be resorting to Turpin at half again and Macca at 9 and we will be subjected to a shower of fucking shit for 90% of the season. Might be the first time since following this team that I wouldn’t be upset if I missed watching a couple of games.

AND WHY THE **** IS OUR COACH IN THE FUCKING USA DOING A FUCKING COURSE WHEN PRE SEASON IS UNDERWAY AND AFTER THE WAY LAST SEASON ENDED?!?
Succinct summation of our position with exactly the appropriate amount of outrage. Well said.

I'm a bit more optimistic than some of you guys. Boyd will get a couple games early on but I don't think you'll see McCullough starting. He may be on the bench but I doubt that will last long too. I wouldn't be surprised if McCullough ends up down the Coast. Boyd will have to kill it to stay in first grade. I also won't be surprised to see Oates finally move into the forwards.

Dearden will be halfback unless we get Croft, most can see that I'm sure. I don't believe the Croft deal is off the table because Melbourne will in all likelihood think chipping in a 100k is better than 400k wasted in reggies. Boyd may even take a pay cut for 2020 and get a sling after to make up the difference after he finishes up at the end of 2020. A tpa shouldn't be hard to arrange for that time.

There's not much Seibold can do to be honest. The player i probably wouldn't have renewed is Oates. $500k and was pretty awful last year.

Doesn't look like anyone is interested in Boyd, Bird or Macca and i can't blame them. Boyd and Macca are old and past it, and Bird has played about 10 games in two years on over $800k.

If Seibold is serious about getting Croft, Offa is the one that should be moved. $500k, and is surplus to requirements, and would likely get someone like Tigers that would pay his full salary. But that won't happen.

I'd say it looks like Glenn will fill the final spot, and that will be our 2020 team unfortunately.
Seriously? He couldn't do anything? Between Glenn, Oates and fifita there's a million dollars. And that's without looking at horse trading.
They are all good players and worthy of our team, but we have literally placed all our eggs in the one basket of deaden.
Even if he is the next locker and Alfie combined (he ain't) , we're one injury from repeating last year's fiasco. It's not like halves don't get hurt. I can't the last time we had one complete 26 rounds without a hitch of one sort or another.
As much as I like him as a player I hope to god there's some truth to bird leaving because otherwise we are stuffed!

Bennett used to do the same thing early in his career, I believe the likes of Bellamy and Robinson have done this type of thing as well. (i.e. head to the states to learn from NFL franchises) ... the difference being they were giving credit for taking these steps.

besides, this part of the pre-season is literally all about fitness, strength and conditioning etc. if Seibs was in Brisbane he would still be doing SFA. it would be all down to our conditioning staff ... I'm also pretty sure that it is only the rookies back at pre-season training

So does all this mean we will ultimately lose fafita.
If we can’t afford Croft how do we afford fafita who will obviously be worth much more coin.

So does all this mean we will ultimately lose fafita.
If we can’t afford Croft how do we afford fafita who will obviously be worth much more coin.
We can't afford croft this season. Fifita is signed this season.

Next year we don't have money wasted on Boyd and Kahu, and hopefully also move on Macca / Bird.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • TimWhatley
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • leon.bott
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • MrMoore
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Spoon
  • azza.79
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.