Broncos remain NRL's cleanest club

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Warriors faced a similar punishment in 2006 when they started the competition on -4 for their breaches the following couple of years.

It cost them a place in the finals.

but from memory that investigation happened in the off season ... so the points had to come off the up-coming season.

in our case the investigation is happening during the season, so any points penalty will be applied for this year.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
It really depends on a lot of factors.

I'm just pointing out there's a precedent where a side has entered a season on minus points.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I would prefer they get deducted this year, because our finals hopes aren't looking that crash hot at the moment, anyway.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
If they conclude the investigation this year, they HAVE to deduct points this year if that's the decided punishment. There's no way they can delay it for next year. Hypothetically, assuming they did that, what if we then went on to win the premiership this year before the penalty applies? That's exactly why it can't happen.

As Foordy mentioned, the Warriors breach was found during the off season which is why they started on negative.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
The reason it is taking so long to resolve is because there is no evidence to prove any wrongdoing actually took place, making a case for the loss of points is probably going to be impossible.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Oh Greenhouse, don't ever change :hug:

[TWEET]488612281165434880[/TWEET]

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Is this still going on?

Obviously there hasn't been any proof, so why is it still going?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Oh Greenhouse, don't ever change :hug:

[TWEET]488612281165434880[/TWEET]

Bahaha the greenhouse, what a bunch of butthurt little skirts (except worm, that blokes pretty cool)

Read that tweet as "butthurt butthurt please don't take Milford butthurt"

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008

Why is the NRL integrity unit investigating this.

I thought they only investigated players & officials bad deeds etc.

Crimes like this.

NO JOKE
This is proof the NRL Integrity Unit is out of control. After receiving a complaint from a Brisbane woman, boss Alby Taylor phoned the NSWRL during Origin camp to reveal he would be conducting an investigation into why a couple of players had glued a $2 coin to the pavement as a cheap prank to fool the passer-by.

Error Page

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
So, it seems the alleged plan of cheating was to funnel LC money too Gee, who used it to pay players cash. And he still dished up that recruitment?

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
I just hope whatever penalties are forthcoming apply to this season since it's on it's last legs anyway.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
thats pretty bad if true. Shameful.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
To be fair the Storm had to do both of those things so its not without precedent.

No they didn't.

They didn't have a 'reduced cap', they had to play under the same cap as everyone else, meaning they had to shed players to accommodate keeping the big 3

M

Manbush

QCup Player
Aug 5, 2013
No they didn't.

They didn't have a 'reduced cap', they had to play under the same cap as everyone else, meaning they had to shed players to accommodate keeping the big 3
I know they were threatened with having to work $400-$600k under everyone else's cap, can't see if that was actually followed through with though.

Unread

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.