Broncos remain NRL's cleanest club

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I know they were threatened with having to work $400-$600k under everyone else's cap, can't see if that was actually followed through with though.

Threatened by who? Curtis Woodward? of GE? (if im allowed to call him that)

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The Storm were only ever told that the were not permitted to re-negotiate contracts to get under the salary cap ... that they had to shed players to get there.

There also may have been something about any shortfall between the Storm contracts and the players new clubs would come off the Storm cap as well.

If the reports are true ... The Broncos situation is completely different. Our problem is that we reportedly guaranteed TPA's (without declaring them on our cap) not that we actually paid any money to any players

Last edited:
Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Dunno who this guy is or his reliability but still..

Paul Kent said the same thing on NRL 360 last night, but he caveated the comment with, 'it's still up in the air' and even he wouldn't commit to it actually being certain, with his well known Broncos bias.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Geoff Kuehner the Leagues Club CEO has resigned.

That's three now that have gone.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Geoff Kuehner the Leagues Club CEO has resigned.

That's three now that have gone.

papers were saying it had nothing to do with the investigation ... but more that he was head hunted by another organisation.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I have a bad feeling that the NRL are trying to drag this out until we are eliminated fro this years comp, so they can have us start on negative points in 2015

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
I have a bad feeling that the NRL are trying to drag this out until we are eliminated fro this years comp, so they can have us start on negative points in 2015
Well to be fair taking points off us when we most likely are going to miss the finals already isn't really a punishment.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Well to be fair taking points off us when we most likely are going to miss the finals already isn't really a punishment.

maybe not ... but they also shouldn't deliberately hold the investigation (if thats what they are doing) so they can issue a penalty for the 2015 season.

this also assumes we will lose competition points, which may not even happen

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

That's what I reckon too

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Well if something does come out of this...............I'm not sure which is worse, losing points from next year.....or just knowing that even after trying to cheat the system we are still useless. :bike:

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008

Well, to be fair, delaying a punishment until it hurts more isn't, you know, fair

Anonymous person

Anonymous person

Banned User
Dec 16, 2008
Well, to be fair, delaying a punishment until it hurts more isn't, you know, fair
they wouldnt be delaying the punishment - the punishment would be to start the next full season on minus points.

like i said, punishments only work if you actually get punished. taking points off you when you already cant make the finals isnt a punishment.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
they wouldnt be delaying the punishment - the punishment would be to start the next full season on minus points.

like i said, punishments only work if you actually get punished. taking points off you when you already cant make the finals isnt a punishment.

punishments only work if you actually get punished. taking points off you when you already cant make the finals isnt a punishment

That's a completely irrelevant consideration. If the NRL is delaying the investigation so that they can punish us next year then you can expect litigation to be launched (and indeed, it will probably succeed). Even Melbourne was punished in the year when the breach was discovered......

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.