Broncos remain NRL's cleanest club

**** me, how can we be anywhere near the cap, seriously? We just lost JYY off the books, allegedly took over Barba for $300k, none of the guys we've re-signed recently have been on big biccies....unreal.... Were looking at signing Smith for some stupid amount of coin, we seriously can't even be close!! WTF was Gee up to?! Will be very interested to find out what's gone on with this..

Yeah i couldn't possibly see how we could be over the cap. What happened to the "war chest" we had?

how could it have anything to do with Barba's contract? it was reported that Barba's contract was essentially transferred fro the Bulldogs to the Broncos

Hope we don't lose points and thats the excuse for not making the 4 or the 8 for that matter and old mate Griffin keeps his job.

I was always under the impression that 3rd party agreements are not counted towards the cap. How little do I know...

IF that was the case, what can be done to fix the situation? cant exactly pay them what was promised if it was promised illegally.

so, just hypothetically, are we left with two disgruntled players peeved off with management?

in all honesty i hope whats gone on is made clear asap.
if it is guaranteed by the club, inadvertently or otherwise, then it is included in the salary cap and the club has to pay it, even if that means shopping players around to remain under the cap for next year.

I think the 3rd party deals are counted to the cap if they are sourced by the club. I could be wrong however.

Without knowing full details of the recent Hannant situation, you can imagine why he would tell a player to go on the open market if he hasn't been paid what he signed for.

Anyway, Paul Kent is sure to spend ages talking about this on NRL360 tomorrow night.

sounds like an issue of not declaring and not fulfilling guaranteed 3rd party deals. not a case of being over the cap. we could have just failed to declare them.

Regardless of it not looking as serious as the Storm scandal, if there is any truth to this, I want heads to roll, and I want the club to take whatever comes our way, on the chin.

I'm not gonna be an hypocrite and condemn the Dogs and Storm for their rorts and pretend nothing happened here...

Having said that, I cannot fathom how we could even be close to the cap with our current roster.

I'm glad the club took the step to report whatever they found to the NRL, instead of trying to bury it. I just hope it doesn't end up costing us Milford...

I'm glad the club took the step to report whatever they found to the NRL, instead of trying to bury it. I just hope it doesn't end up costing us Milford...

With the Raiders signing Tedesco on ridiculous money....I can't see Milford staying with them.

With the Raiders signing Tedesco on ridiculous money....I can't see Milford staying with them.
We could let him stay at a reduced pay and play 5/8 I guess, Proctors money is still available.

Interesting that Buzz reckons Milfs also a part of the issue, guessing there'll be a nervous call to his manager tomorrow.

Last edited:
We could let him stay at a reduced pay and play 5/8 I guess.

Interesting that Buzz reckons Milfs also a part of the issue, guessing there'll be a nervous call to his manager tomorrow.

Buzz has proven time and time again that he will make up anything to get a gasp. If they are talking about unfulfilled third party benefits, how in the sweet blazes would Milford come into that? He doesn't even have a registered contract with us for us to not fulfill anything!

You prove it from a valid source, then get back to us. Do it again, and you'll be banned.

That goes for everybody too.

Do not use this thread to tell us what a friend of a friend overheard in some pub. Unless you have a credible source which you can link us to, do not implicate anyone. This is a delicate situation and all will be revealed in due time.

We could let him stay at a reduced pay and play 5/8 I guess, Proctors money is still available.

Buzz only knows whatever the Sharks release to him or whatever he covers up for Carney. Literally nothing else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe we are listening to Buzz Rothfield. His credibility in the game is zero and he adds nothing to Rugby League reporting at all.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.