Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who would like to discuss it further, the broncos movement thread has a post with an article that Dearden is testing his value on the market before he considers re-signing.

Seems plausible.

For those who would like to discuss it further, the broncos movement thread has a post with an article that Dearden is testing his value on the market before he considers re-signing.
Another player manager telling his client to test the market because he knows the club is in a desperate state to try to take advantage.

Anyone got broncos contract bingo yet??

Staggs
Coates
Dearden

Just waiting on Riki and Piakura for the set!!

If Milf gets off to a decent start you'd be hoping you have him as the center square
It’s already been mentioned that clubs are fighting for Piakura.

There’s a slim but possible chance we lose them all. Ah well, at least we kept Flegler on an inflated deal

It’s already been mentioned that clubs are fighting for Piakura.

There’s a slim but possible chance we lose them all. Ah well, at least we kept Flegler on an inflated deal
So I'm close then!!

In reality we should not be outbid for 2022, we have the opportunities available in our 17 for clear pathways, cheaper living in Brisbane, etc. so I can't see how we lose them all regardless of how inept the R&R team is

So I'm close then!!

In reality we should not be outbid for 2022, we have the opportunities available in our 17 for clear pathways, cheaper living in Brisbane, etc. so I can't see how we lose them all regardless of how inept the R&R team is
I’m not really basing this on anything other than my perception but looking at players actions and comments (especially Fifita, Staggs, Niu, and to an extent Coates, also possibly TPJ,
previously Bird), there appears to be at least a group of young players who don’t want to be at the club.

Whether you place the blame on millennial entitlement, club incompetence, or a cocktail of both is a different discussion but this attitude is infectious and would be weighing on the minds of the younger guys such as Dearden, Riki, and Piukura who have career defining decisions coming up.

Interesting times ahead. I’m confident we’ll keep Dearden and Riki, not so optimistic about the rest.

I’m not confident in us keeping anyone. Club hasn’t won a Comp in over a decade and are seemingly getting further away each year.

Paul White is the worst CEO of all time turning a powerhouse into a laughing stock.

Why stay at a club that pretty much sucks at this point, when you could go get paid more somewhere else and probably have more chance of winning a comp.

It's so boring and predictable these days. Honestly, I get the broncos get them clicks and they are lazy but ffs they are surely even sick of it themselves. For every 100 rumours about Broncos players, 2 or 3 come true. I doubt these reporter's have an yg links to the Broncos club tbh.
Not saying the above couldn't be true, but ffs this bs rumours happen EVERY DAY, and only to us. These same in demand players just won the wooden spoon! What about the rumours about the 15 better clubs with better players then us!!!

And what exactly is the benefit of being owned by news limited? There isn't one. We can't use their money on or off the field even if they let us, they dont use their power to get us the best in the business or wield power with the nrl, and they hammer us in the media more then any other club bcos they obviously see more benefit/money in the short term gains of paper sales/clicks bs rumours have over actually using the media to help us ffs.
Im not quite at the hosting stage but I will certainly be at the party when a certain media mogul dies, let's just hope his companies involvement with the Broncos dies with him...
You need to understand that said media mogul understands exactly what people want. They don't want reliable news, thruth or facts. They want entertainment. So he gives them entertainment. If that means shitting on a team that he owns, so be it. I can't name one person that made money from reliable news.

These were my main points:

It's silly to hold Roberts against Bennett, especially when you consider their time together at the Broncos.

It's a myth to say that Roberts failed to replicate his attacking form at the Broncos.

I never said anything about his turn-around, I just made the point that Bennett helped Roberts achieve something no other club managed to do and that was to make him an Origin player.
This whole tangential-conversation started when @Morepudding posted that Bennett said he would fix Roberts (and failed to do so) when he signed him at the Rabbitohs, to which you replied with a photo of him in a Blues jersey and literally nothing else.

That is not evidence of Bennett fixing Roberts. He was already playing good football at the Titans (by your own stats, his output was the same (if not better) in 2015 to his best Broncos season in 2017). He had managed to stay out of trouble on the coast, avoiding the cocaine scandal involving other Titans players - so fair to say he came to the Broncos in a fairly reasonable headspace. He had also made his City debut at the Titans, which you would assume had him in calculations for his Origin debut.

He never played Origin under Bennett at the Rabbitohs, even though he was one of the incumbents in 2019.

This isn’t simply my opinion, these are the facts. If this conversation was about Bennett developing Roberts’ game, I could understand. But what any of what you have said (and perhaps most importantly, Roberts in a Blues jersey) has to do with Bennett fixing Roberts at the Rabbitohs, I still don’t know.

Last edited:
I like this idea!
@staff, is there a way the rumour from the other thread can be linked in this thread so that people can discuss it?

I like this idea!
@staff, is there a way the rumour from the other thread can be linked in this thread so that people can discuss it?

Daily Telegraph is reporting that Dearden is fielding offers from rival clubs and testing his value before he decides whether he wants to commit to the Broncos.

Did I post this in the correct thread?

Basically quote the post, copy the whole text box, go to this thread, paste. Continue discussion. Or do what Theshed did and just mention it here to start the discussion.

I'd really like the other thread to be purely sources rumours and signing news as a reference point, not a mish mash of rumours and discussion.

I don't believe it personally but if we somehow lose Dearden, all is lost for **** knows how long.
I don’t reckon we will Dearden says he wants to be a bronco for life... whilst that may not happen I don’t think he is gonna leave a few months after saying that

Daily Telegraph is reporting that Dearden is fielding offers from rival clubs and testing his value before he decides whether he wants to commit to the Broncos.

Did I post this in the correct thread?
Slow news day. Nothing to see here. Could write the same story about every player coming off contract. Of course his agent is testing his market value. You'd sue them for negligence if they didn't.

This whole tangential-conversation started when @Morepudding posted that Bennett said he would fix Roberts (and failed to do so) when he signed him at the Rabbitohs, to which you replied with a photo of him in a Blues jersey and literally nothing else.

That is not evidence of Bennett fixing Roberts. He was already playing good football at the Titans (by your own stats, his output was the same (if not better) in 2015 to his best Broncos season in 2017). He had managed to stay out of trouble on the coast, avoiding the cocaine scandal involving other Titans players - so fair to say he came to the Broncos in a fairly reasonable headspace. He had also made his City debut at the Titans, which you would assume had him in calculations for his Origin debut.

He never played Origin under Bennett at the Rabbitohs, even though he was one of the incumbents in 2019.

This isn’t simply my opinion, these are the facts. If this conversation was about Bennett developing Roberts’ game, I could understand. But what any of what you have said (and perhaps most importantly, Roberts in a Blues jersey) has to do with Bennett fixing Roberts at the Rabbitohs, I still don’t know.
Actually it started earlier when Brent81 criticised Bennett's rationale for not signing Pearce when he had the chance. The post in question was connected to that conversation and it's odd that somebody would hold Roberts against Bennett when Roberts played his best footy under him. The proof is in the picture, when did he achieve higher representative honours? Surely there's a better example out there than Roberts?

I think Big Pete is too busy saying how good daddy Wayne is.

It triggers me how some people can’t see any fault in Bennett.

My comment was about Bennett basically saying the broncos / Seibold ruined Robert’s but that Wayne knows best and can fix him but no one else can.

Wayne is fairly self centred, he pretends he’s not but he is. He took Robert’s not because he thought he could fix him, but because he thought Robert’s could help him win a comp at the Rabbitohs whilst also throwing a shot at Brisbane. When he discovered that Robert’s wouldn’t help him win a premiership, he let him go, just like Wayne has done with hundreds of players in the past.

Time will tell when Wayne retires, but I’m confident that when he leaves the Rabbitohs, they will be in a worse position roster wise than when he joined them, just like was the case with the Broncos (both times), Dragons, and the most noteable, knights (don’t blame Tinkler, everyone knows Wayne brought in a bunch of oldies trying to win a comp)

Rubbish, I've been critical of Bennett in the past. However when we're discussing the most successful NRL coach in history, the good is largely going to outweigh the bad in a Rugby League context.

I'll leave it there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Justwin
  • HVbronco
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Astro
  • MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • johnny plath
  • jd87
  • Strop
  • bazza
  • Brocko
  • Yem
  • Mr Fourex
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bronx48
  • broncos4life
  • Skyblues87
  • Old Mate
... and 73 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.