Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of whatever comments he has made i wouldn't have him back for the simple fact that we put in a lot of effort to sign him from the Storm way back when and then 18 months after starting with us he repaid the Broncos by signing with the AFL.
Hunt and folau Haha great move fellas, and the all is really booming on the gold coast and western Sydney bcos of it hahahaha

That's fine mate, you need to understand though that religion aside people will not like what he said. Anyone that publicly or privately discriminates against someone just because of their sexuality I am not going to support, it is as simple as that. People can make out like this is about religion or free speech or whatever else but my issue is his words alone.

And I know that this is going to get shot down, but in Folau's own mind, in the context of what he said, he is not vilifying someone for their sexuality, but for their actions. The literal act of sleeping with someone of the same sex. The religion that he preaches is very strict, and suggests that anything that goes against the greater good should be resisted and condemned. The smallest lies are just as sinful as any other sin etc. What he believes is that, even if you are inclined to be attracted to people of the same sex, you should resist these urges for the greater good (the greater good in this case being to value the gift of life, and therefore procreate, because that's what they believe sex should only be used for).

Is it unreasonable and outdated thinking for our modern society? For sure, but he is just wanting people to hold themselves to a higher standard than what society would generally agree is reasonable.

Pushing back against the comments of a personal nature - attacking him or ruling him out as a signing because of something he said rather than his lack of ability to contribute as a footballer.
How a person plays football is hardly the only reason you sign a player...

How much does this player cost?

Can we afford this player under the salary cap?

Does this player fill a need within the club?

Will this player gel well with the team / coach?

Will this player contribute positively off-field?

Does this player have a horrendous injury record?

Now obviously our recruitment team asks virtually none of these questions, but one would HOPE they might, one day...

How a person plays football is hardly the only reason you sign a player...

How much does this player cost?

Can we afford this player under the salary cap?

Does this player fill a need within the club?

Will this player gel well with the team / coach?

Will this player contribute positively off-field?

Does this player have a horrendous injury record?

Now obviously our recruitment team asks virtually none of these questions, but one would HOPE they might, one day...

For every single one of these questions I can name a different player that we’ve recently signed that you can answer NO to

and Bird was a NO to almost all of them

If we did sign Gagai and used a predominantly maroon jersey all year, that might lead to getting is best every week wouldn't it?
I miss the days when the Broncos jersey had the same effect on players as the maroons jersey.

I think Gagai probably remembers how much the Broncos jersey means. I'd really love him to finish his career here.

At least you know that he is going to give it his all. The guy has heart.
Well said upthebroncs! Couldn’t agree more mate, bring back the good old days when pulling on our jersey received the pride it bloody deserved. Thankfully big Kevvie is now at the helm and will bring back that pride and passion that makes our team the powerhouse it really is. Up the Broncs!!!!!

Meninga on the Titans signing Smith:

“We haven’t talked to Cam Smith, that is 100 per cent fact. It really is that simple. There is all sorts of talk about him living on the Gold Coast and playing for us, but we haven’t spoken to him. I don’t have any idea what Cam is doing. I don’t know if he’s retiring. I’m in the dark like everyone else. But I know he won’t be at the Titans. Look, the reality is he is a Melbourne boy and the Storm have some very powerful businessmen. Because he was down at Mudgeeraba in a light blue shirt kicking a footy around in boots people want to think he’s going to sign with the Titans.

“I wasn’t behind the toilet shed trying to sign him I can tell you. He won’t be with us, simple as that.”

6605580 3x2 940x627

How dumb are reporters?

Last month, Storm coach Craig Bellamy:

“As I said, and I ain’t going to take it back now, he deserves the right to make his decision when he wants. We have planned for him to be here and for him to not be here. I haven’t heard anything from him. I’m not quite sure what he’s up to. He’ll make that decision when he’s ready. It’s no strain at all. Not with me, I haven’t heard any of that. I’m not a hypocrite and I’ve said it all along he’s earned the right to make that decision when he wants."

“He’s not here at the moment so we’re moving along with our preparation for the season without him. When he makes a decision, if we have to change something then we’ll change it."

“His locker is still there with his photo up on it. I don’t think anyone will clean it out. No-one is game to look in there. The guy that washes the training gear has put some of the new training gear in there for Cam so we’ll see what happens.”

McHunt

So there's an article from Badel saying that Cam Smith will either retire or be at the Broncos in 2021.

Not saying I believe that he's signing with us, but it certainly would explain why Walters hasn't appointed a captain yet...

So there's an article from Badel saying that Cam Smith will either retire or be at the Broncos in 2021.

Not saying I believe that he's signing with us, but it certainly would explain why Walters hasn't appointed a captain yet...

and since he wants to keep Smith in the headlines to get the clicks, he has gone from the Titans were the only club to afford Smith, to we also have 600k free for 2021

Last edited:

Sounds like Badel trying to get back into our good books.

Hmm clicks on Broncos negativity articles are reducing... might try some bullshit positive articles to see if I can get some clicks.

Nek minute
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Well said upthebroncs! Couldn’t agree more mate, bring back the good old days when pulling on our jersey received the pride it bloody deserved. Thankfully big Kevvie is now at the helm and will bring back that pride and passion that makes our team the powerhouse it really is. Up the Broncs!!!!!

Is this @broncos4life from an alternate dimension?

Love your positivity, mate, welcome to the forum!

“We haven’t talked to Cam Smith, that is 100 per cent fact. It really is that simple. There is all sorts of talk about him living on the Gold Coast and playing for us, but we haven’t spoken to him. I don’t have any idea what Cam is doing. I don’t know if he’s retiring. I’m in the dark like everyone else. But I know he won’t be at the Titans. Look, the reality is he is a Melbourne boy and the Storm have some very powerful businessmen. Because he was down at Mudgeeraba in a light blue shirt kicking a footy around in boots people want to think he’s going to sign with the Titans.

“I wasn’t behind the toilet shed trying to sign him I can tell you. He won’t be with us, simple as that.”

View attachment 11398

How dumb are reporters?

Last month, Storm coach Craig Bellamy:

“As I said, and I ain’t going to take it back now, he deserves the right to make his decision when he wants. We have planned for him to be here and for him to not be here. I haven’t heard anything from him. I’m not quite sure what he’s up to. He’ll make that decision when he’s ready. It’s no strain at all. Not with me, I haven’t heard any of that. I’m not a hypocrite and I’ve said it all along he’s earned the right to make that decision when he wants."

“He’s not here at the moment so we’re moving along with our preparation for the season without him. When he makes a decision, if we have to change something then we’ll change it."

“His locker is still there with his photo up on it. I don’t think anyone will clean it out. No-one is game to look in there. The guy that washes the training gear has put some of the new training gear in there for Cam so we’ll see what happens.”

McHunt

So that’s how the Titian’s got Fifita over the line🤔

So that’s how the Titian’s got Fifita over the line🤔
They don't call him "Big Mal" for nothing.

Theres no way they can afford Smith. They have 4.5M tied up with Fifi, Taylor, Tino, Wallace and Peachy. Smith would ask for 800, thats 5.3M between 6 players. 4.7M / 24 remaining = 200K each player outside of that. They wont have any development bonuses or long standing player bonus either.

Last edited:
Theres no way they can afford Smith. They have 4.5M tied up with Fifi, Taylor, Tino, Wallace and Peachy. Smith would ask for 800, thats 5.3M between 6 players. 4.7M / 24 remaining = 200K each player outside of that. They wont have any development bonuses or long standing player bonus either.

You won't need 800k- a third of the contract is done already.

Anyone else think we’ve worked out which team 1910 supports in the last few weeks. It’s either Storm or Titans, or every QRL team.

And got rid of macca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Spoon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.