Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mal Meninga, Gene Miles, Steve Renouf, Mick Cronin, Justin Hodges, Greg Inglis, Andrew Ettinghausen, Steve Rogers, Jamie Lyon etc
I’m not sure how much their contracts were but many would argue that Inglis was overpaid at centre and is why he was moved to fullback. I’m sure ET had a huge deal, I don’t think Hodges was on a fortune once his fullback days were dead and gone.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, would we be interested in swapping Kotoni Staggs for Brandon Smith? Melbourne want like for like. Do we need a gun centre or hooker more?

Not sure if this has been mentioned, would we be interested in swapping Kotoni Staggs for Brandon Smith? Melbourne want like for like. Do we need a gun centre or hooker more?
In an instant.

would anyone be interested in Nikorima back?
effectively off contract at seasons end (but does have an option for 2022)

I haven't seen anything from his time at the Warriors to suggest he's really going to go on to become anything much more special than he already is, so no, probably not. Too expensive to be a Utility and not good enough to be a top shelf Half.

Every single club who doesn't already have an elite Dummy Half would choose the Dummy Half every day of the week and twice on Sundays.'

It actually wouldn't be a bad deal for Melbourne as their backline is starting to look a little thin these days but I suspect if they really do have a player metric tool that they use to pick players with then Stagg's probably doesn't make the cut.

I feel Taylor will mature into premiership winning player in the next 3 years. I mean, looking objectively across the comp, there’s not many 7’s who are consistently outplaying him apart from the rep players.

Always liked Kodi. Prefer him to Milford and a lot cheaper to.

Always liked Kodi. Prefer him to Milford and a lot cheaper to.
Milford is undoubtedly far more talented, but yes, you're correct, in terms of bang for buck over the last couple of years Kodi would have proved a vastly better use of our cap funds.

Only with a view to playing him off the bench in the spark plug type role he played with us in 15,16.. unfortunately everyone thinks they’re worthy of starting nowadays 🤑

Whatever happened to his brother Jayden that got the arse from the roosters?
I always thought he was the better of the brothers but he's probably gone off the rails.

Sam Kasiano debunks the super duper Melbourne algorithm theory...

If Milford doesn't accept 500-600k, Kodi could be a good pick up.

Whatever happened to his brother Jayden that got the arse from the roosters?
I always thought he was the better of the brothers but he's probably gone off the rails.
He came back to Redcliffe after the Roosters and then he went on a train and trial deal at the Warriors this preseason (presumably through their arrangement with Redcliffe) but I'm guessing it didn't go anywhere beyond that.

Last edited:
He came back to Redcliffe after the Roosters and then he went on a train and trial deal at the Warriors this preseason (presumably through their arrangement with Redcliffe) but I'm guessing it didn't go anywhere beyond that.
Righto, thanks for that.👍

Nup, he hasn't shown anything except being a journeyman level halfback not much better than his brother, and we all saw how that turned out. I can see Foran getting the chop at Manly soon enough so they might take a punt on him as a running half to DCE's organizer.

You guys saying Kodi isn't amounting to anything and I hate this question but have you genuinely watched any Warriors games last year or the first round this year? He has come on really well as a half. He would be on half of what Milf is on and is easily producing twice as much over the last season. I'd happily take him back to play 6 and Croft or Dearden at 7.

I also love the idea of Staggs for Smith, it benefits both clubs and that is what all deals should do.

You guys saying Kodi isn't amounting to anything and I hate this question but have you genuinely watched any Warriors games last year or the first round this year? He has come on really well as a half. He would be on half of what Milf is on and is easily producing twice as much over the last season. I'd happily take him back to play 6 and Croft or Dearden at 7.

I also love the idea of Staggs for Smith, it benefits both clubs and that is what all deals should do.
That well used line about doing the same thing and expecting different outcomes is ringing in my ears again..

We’ve been down this road, for multiple seasons, and Nikorima wasn’t good enough.. and that was with a stronger support cast.
If we want to be a middling team, Nikorima makes sense. But if you want to build a team that’s capable of beating the best, you need a half with more upside than Nikorima has

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • johnny plath
  • bert_lifts
  • Jedhead
  • Spoon
  • Redfern_1980
  • bronco original
  • Astro
  • eggstar10
  • mitch222
  • jarro65
  • HarryAllan7
  • Howie
  • Xzei
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Big Del
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dash
  • Dexter
  • Sproj
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.