Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't sound like anything a player would say, it sounds like something a manager would say as a rule. Basically, if you don't have a clear plan for my player than we're going to take these other offers more seriously and see what they have in mind. If it suits my client and he's happy then we're going.

He reminds me of someone, I just can’t quite think of who it is.. sometimes it’s a bit of (older) Gary Coleman and sometimes it’s the kid from Mad Magazine 🤷‍♂️

Punk

Last edited:
Badel on 360 said Riki is about to sign a two year extension with the Broncs.

He also said that Dearden is wanting to stay at the Broncs but if he doesn't play first grade by round 6, he is off to the Cowboys.

Its Badel, so probably the opposite will happen in both cases.
What a demanding little 19 year old nobody lol

Badel is inferring that ‘ultimatum’ from Sam Ayoub’s quote that ‘we will give it 5-6 weeks and then have a look at what we’ll do next year’ which was actually more about letting Dearden start the season off well and focus on just footy. It didn’t read to me as an ultimatum at all, but Badel will characterise it as that because the drama gets more clicks.

Badel on 360 said Riki is about to sign a two year extension with the Broncs.

He also said that Dearden is wanting to stay at the Broncs but if he doesn't play first grade by round 6, he is off to the Cowboys.

Its Badel, so probably the opposite will happen in both cases.
It's also nothing if he did say that. "I'll go where I'm appreciated" is not exactly an unreasonable response to getting dumped. It's not like he spray painted "Kevvie is a ****" on the clubhouse wall and went on a three-day bender that culminated in pushing a stolen car over a cliff. The kid is 18, thinking with his nuts, playing an angry sport. Who among us hasn't threatened to quit our job?

Besides-which, he was mentored by Macca. Look how that ended.

Dearden's trajectory in his mind is up. Milford and Croft, on the other hand, they have to be thinking they're on thin ice with this kid in the wings waiting to take their spot. Kevvie has the tension ratcheted just right.

Last edited:
Gotta feel for Kevvie here... he is doing what he (and many) believe to be the right thing by starting the more experienced half and letting the young, small Dearden get some lower grade footy under his belt before stepping up to the NRL. Could Dearden handle starting from round 1 with basically no second grade experience? Perhaps... but teams like the Storm have shown that building confidence and experience in lower grades before stepping up gives a player a greater chance of success.

But by doing so right as Dearden's contract expires, it creates a lot of tension because Dearden expected to be starting - an expectation which only exists because our last trainwreck of a coach decided to throw him in at the end of last year before the time was right. Seibold created this dilemma and now Kevvie has to try to balance it. Let's hope he gets it done.

As much as I rate Dearden, if what Badel is saying is true (lol) then if anything it's a good thing the club is taking this stance. It feels like the players have been pushing the club around for far too long in recent times when it comes to their contracts and selections when they haven't necessarily earned it (looking at you Staggs), and Kev is clearly putting his foot down and saying "No, you don't just decide that you deserve to be in the 17, you have to earn it than hang on to it.", which is the way it should always be.

The club rules the player, not the other way around. Any player that takes issue with that is welcome to find the nearest exit and see how much of that shit they can get away with elsewhere (the Titans and Bulldogs, and frankly have fucking fun with that).

Last edited:
I think the broncos should offer dearden a 1 year extension now. That would solve any concerns he might leave and also show he is in our future plans. We also tell him he might still have to play some Q cup this year but there is definitely a place for him in the future.
Then kevvie can just focus on milf and Croft and making the hard call on one of them if it comes to that.

It's also nothing if he did say that. "I'll go where I'm appreciated" is not exactly an unreasonable response to getting dumped. It's not like he spray painted "Kevvie is a ****" on the clubhouse wall and went on a three-day bender that culminated in pushing a stolen car over a cliff. The kid is 18, thinking with his nuts, playing an angry sport. Who among us hasn't threatened to quit our job?

Besides-which, he was mentored by Macca. Look how that ended.

Dearden's trajectory in his mind is up. Milford and Croft, on the other hand, they have to be thinking they're on thin ice with this kid in the wings waiting to take their spot. Kevvie has the tension ratcheted just right.

IF he had dominated in the games he has played he might be in a position to chose .
He has been serviceable , if a little soft at times . He `s not going to walk into 1st grade at the Cowboys either , so STFU and show you are 1st grade material and stop talking like you are an established 1st grader who is going to push another established 1st grader out of their position .

IF he had dominated in the games he has played he might be in a position to chose .
He has been serviceable , if a little soft at times . He `s not going to walk into 1st grade at the Cowboys either , so STFU and show you are 1st grade material and stop talking like you are an established 1st grader who is going to push another established 1st grader out of their position .
Can you point to where Dearden has said anything like that, because I've never heard nor seen anything from him that wasn't entirely humble. In fact, the only thing he's actually said is that he's committed to the Broncos and wants to stay. Careful not to confuse The Shit Factory and the source:

Last edited:
some more talk from another player this time Tesi Niu; he says:

“I want to be at the Broncos for life,” Niu said.

“When Kevvie came back you could feel the culture. He has brought the old Broncos back.

“We’ve had a lot of talks from the Old Boys. You can see how much it means to them.

“They get emotional talking about the Broncos. You get a tingle in your heart.

“I want to play for the Broncos.

“(Fifita) is a good mate of mine but that’s footy. We all move on.”

On being moved to center:

“I’m learning every day,” he said. “I’m loving playing centre at the moment. I’ve just got to play my game and not try to be anyone else but me.

“I need to learn about decision-making and what to do in defence. It’s one of the hardest positions to defend in. I’m happy anywhere. I’m grateful to be in any position, I just want to be in the 17 playing for the Broncos.

“It’s a dream come true to play for the Broncos, especially under Kevvie. I have learnt a lot from him and want to put a performance on for the ‘Bronx Nation’.“

on the driving charges:

“That’s all gone now,” he said.

“I have put it at the back of me and I’m moving forward. I will focus on (the future).

“I can’t wait (to play the Titans), it will be a good crowd there.”

Last edited:

“When Kevvie came back you could feel the culture. He has brought the old Broncos back.

“We’ve had a lot of talks from the Old Boys. You can see how much it means to them.

“I’m learning every day,” he said. “I’m loving playing centre at the moment. I’ve just got to play my game and not try to be anyone else but me.

“I need to learn about decision-making and what to do in defence. It’s one of the hardest positions to defend in. I’m happy anywhere. I’m grateful to be in any position, I just want to be in the 17 playing for the Broncos.

“It’s a dream come true to play for the Broncos, especially under Kevvie. I have learnt a lot from him and want to put a performance on for the ‘Bronx Nation’.“

on the driving charges:

“I have put it at the back of me and I’m moving forward. I will focus on (the future).

Nice to hear. Doesn't seem to want to leave the place.

This lil shit and his manager are starting to annoy me.
Just when the team is making an effort to play again for the jumper and Kevie.
**** off to the Cowboys already!!

on the driving charges:

Sounds like kevie is achieving what he was brought in to do, addressing the attitude and feel of the club and playing group. This shift will also help player retention.

Even if kevie does not bring us a premiership, bringing back the broncos feel is a step towards getting us back on track and achieving that.

It is so nice to hear a player say they want to stay at the Broncos, what a nice breath of fresh air.

I am feeling in my gut that we will only lose Staggs +1, not sure who the +1 is but as long as we hold on to most of the gun talent, I am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Justwin
  • eggstar10
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • FACTHUNT
  • Bronx48
  • Pablo
  • bb_gun
  • Hammerman47
  • broncoscope
  • LGH
  • bert_lifts
  • Muros
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hoshsie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • azza.79
  • Broncosgirl
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.