Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a question. If the second Brissy team comes in as expected and is announced in July as expected for a 2023 start, are they able to start making 2023 offers to players immediately or will they have to wait until November officially like everyone else?

I fully expect the NRL to make an 'exception' in this case.
Didnt the Titans also get a relaxed cap early on to help build a competitive team? Or did I imagine that?

(yes yes, they have a relaxed cap now ha ha).

There's a question. If the second Brissy team comes in as expected and is announced in July as expected for a 2023 start, are they able to start making 2023 offers to players immediately or will they have to wait until November officially like everyone else?

I fully expect the NRL to make an 'exception' in this case.
I would imagine they can start making offers immediately to any player not contracted for 2022 and from Nov 1 to any player not contracted for 2023.
Could be wrong though.

Didnt the Titans also get a relaxed cap early on to help build a competitive team? Or did I imagine that?

There is absolutely no reason they should get a relaxed cap. They aren't situated in Perth or Adelaide. They are in a league hheartland where 1/4 of the competitions players were born in or near and have a fresh cap to spend, if they pay overs that is their decision.

League didn't do it for the Titans.

AFL go crazy, Suns and Sydney got bigger squads, more cap, nine first round picks, zones only they can draw from and 16 uncontracted players.

AFL go crazy, Suns and Sydney got bigger squads, more cap, nine first round picks, zones only they can draw from and 16 uncontracted players.

The Suns currently get that too because essentially, they screwed it up the first time, so the AFL have given a lot of that to them again.

The Lions and Swans used to get concessions then they both became good so they scrapped them.

Gotta feel for Kevvie here... he is doing what he (and many) believe to be the right thing by starting the more experienced half and letting the young, small Dearden get some lower grade footy under his belt before stepping up to the NRL. Could Dearden handle starting from round 1 with basically no second grade experience? Perhaps... but teams like the Storm have shown that building confidence and experience in lower grades before stepping up gives a player a greater chance of success.

But by doing so right as Dearden's contract expires, it creates a lot of tension because Dearden expected to be starting - an expectation which only exists because our last trainwreck of a coach decided to throw him in at the end of last year before the time was right. Seibold created this dilemma and now Kevvie has to try to balance it. Let's hope he gets it done.
Not to get too picky, but our trainwreck of a Coach actually threw him in the deep end in the early part of 2019 once he'd effectively punted Kodi Nikorima to the Warriors.

Not to get too picky, but our trainwreck of a Coach actually threw him in the deep end in the early part of 2019 once he'd effectively punted Kodi Nikorima to the Warriors.

theres enough to have a dig about Seibold for ... you don't need to use one of the rare things he got right

The AFL was doing it all the way back when the Lions were winning back to back to back titles in the early 2000's.

theres enough to have a dig about Seibold for ... you don't need to use one of the rare things he got right
I wasn't. I was simply pointing out that Dearden was actually thrown in the deep end in first grade going back even further than OP may have remembered.

Last edited:

Riki seems like a top bloke, no nonsense and no rubbish off field. These are the sorts of guys we can build the club around. I reckon he has captaincy potential just quietly and whether he becomes captain one day or not is not really the point. We have had a leadership void at this club for years now, so it is good to have some leadership potential coming through in Carrigan, Croft, Riki, Herbie and Bullemor. All of these guys want to be at the club too, love them all!

And...Love ya Jordie!

Note: still a rumour right now, even though it's a full story in the CM.

HScreenshot 2021 03 18 Broncos lock up new Fifita in contract coup

While, we're on rumours:

Last edited:
Titans coach Justin Holbrook - Fifita Contract article

“He is the best young forward in our game,” Holbrook said. “With the bigger dollars you want them to be game-changers, not necessarily what position they play.
Fake news or cope from Holbrook there

Very happy to lock down Riki, hes going to be given a sizable opportunity this season and he has a game tailor made for the current NRL, actually so does Bullemor.

Hes the kind of forward you need to be buiding around for mine, guys like Flegler (maybe Lodge) become a liability. And its happening around the league too, Dylan Napa is one that comes to mind....

Thats one down, keep it going Broncos...

Last edited:

Well that was fun while it lasted.

i cant fathom how broncos have fucked that up if that'sthe case.

hes been touted as a genuine superstar fullback and the broncos are in desperate need of a fullback in near future.

how do they lose him to the warriors out of all teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • I bleed Maroon
  • heartly87
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Ondi
  • Street Talk
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • leish107
  • LGH
  • Big Del
  • Gaz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dreaglor
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.