Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until the Titans, well you know...
Mal's on the phone before the warriors come back for round 2... how dare they steal from the Titans junior development program
Mals on the phone

Last edited:
Even if it is 450k that is not only ridiculous it is outright irresponsible for a kid that hasn’t even played Q Cup. I would be filthy if we even tried to match it. It’s funny because I guarantee if we signed him for that the same amount of people would be blowing up that we paid that much for a untested kid.

Everyone wants Kevvie to fix the culture well what culture do you think it sets if we pay this kid 500k? What do you think it does for future contracts? “Ok Kotoni , we would like to offer you a 600k contract, we think you are easily worth 100k more than Reece ‘haven’t played a second of Q cup’ Walsh. Kotoni? Kotoni? Where are you going?... He must be looking for a pen to sign with”.
If you're going to commit to a player like Walsh and make them your starting fullback for next year than you've got to be prepared to pay them fullback wages. If the reports are true and Kev thought that was $250,000 then he may have been taught a very painful lesson.

I agree that it's ridiculous and something like this shouldn't have happened. Brisbane should have had the opportunity to see how Walsh handles a full season of professional football and how he fits in with the squad. Instead they're held over a barrel before his season has even started and they miss out because they have other priorities.

$$$ and lots of it.

This is bitterly disappointing. I was looking forward to watching Norths now it's just going to be bittersweet. May as well just let him go to the Dolphins now and look for somebody else in the development squad.

I'm up for that. Send him to the Phins.

Manu is on 700+ at the Roosters apparently, don't think he's gonna come to the Broncos on 800.
He has stated he wants to play 1. Offer him the 1 jersey and I honestly think he is worth up to 900k

Are we the only club that's being held ransom by these brats and their managers? Who fuckin promises teenagers who barely play first grade, a starting jumper and a quarter of a mil...is this still the Broncos anymore!?
**** these kids, let's do what the storm are doing...scour ISC and NSWRL for 21-25 yr old players with the right attitude FIRST and FOREMOST. No one gets over 700k, performance based salary of previous year...none of this 'potential talent' shit!

I’ve slept on it and this just reeks of player manager as @1910 has mentioned. this kid had a chance to be starting fb for the biggest club in the comp with prime time slots coming out of his ears. Yet he chooses the fellas over the ditch that barely get free to air screen time, if things don’t go according to his “potential” he’ll be a forgotten player. Even a career bench player for the broncos is well known, which opens doors for outside of footy. These fucking managers just want their cut and they pray on these young kids that don’t have fully developed brains yet. Fucking worms

Anyone here think they would know who isaako was if he didn’t play for the broncos? He’s a bloody household name now for good or bad. I watch a lot of footy but I still only really know the superstars in any warriors team.

but hey he could turn out to be a massive superstar. He’s taken a massive risk and I’m betting the manager didn’t lay it all out for him.

If you're going to commit to a player like Walsh and make them your starting fullback for next year than you've got to be prepared to pay them fullback wages. If the reports are true and Kev thought that was $250,000 then he may have been taught a very painful lesson.

I agree that it's ridiculous and something like this shouldn't have happened. Brisbane should have had the opportunity to see how Walsh handles a full season of professional football and how he fits in with the squad. Instead they're held over a barrel before his season has even started and they miss out because they have other priorities.
You can’t pay someone fullback money when you don’t even know if he is a fullback because he hasn’t played a minute in that position in even Q cup. I could cop a base wage of 250k with incentives that could ramp it up to 500k if he proves he is the player people believe he is. You pay him 500k and he comes in and needs more time in Q cup or on the wing you are paying 500k for basically nothing.

I’m really surprised by your stance on this tbh.

I'm more pissed off we lost Walsh than I was about Fifita. So angry! Why do clubs offer such big deals! Doesn't make sense
Unfortunately for us it makes every sense.

Warriors clearly have a succession plan in place and when RTS decided to move on they identified the best up and comer for his replacement and went out and got him.

Although we also identified but our salary cap is such a mess we are limited at the minute regardless of what our excuses maybe.

One thing that is for sure and certain is whoever is responsible and in charge of such things at our club should be shown the door with a kick up the arse on the way out.

Trusting Donaghy is sitting in his home office sorting out and going through such things as a matter of urgency.

The stupidity of these young kids moving to Sydney or warriors astounds me some times. There's literally dozens of examples of it going wrong. Do they think injury or poor form will never happen? Bcos they will, and when they do that big foreign city/country with little to no support network will become very very small. And warriors? I get it the money is good, but he better be blowing the competitin off the park and the warriors near top of the table bcos if this isn't happening he won't be getting talked about for origin. RTS is in the top 3 players nearly every year but even he doesn't get talked about a hell of a lot in the media. I would love to talk to his manager and see him justify this deal lol. "Ummmmm money?"... and in the course of his career, if things aren't PERFECT like I said above, he will lose heaps more then the couple 100,000 he just gained. ABSOLUTE idiot tbh.

i just cannot think of any other team in the competition who keeps loosing genuine star jnrs in positions we desperately need to fill.
When you don't produce genuine star juniors it's hard to lose them.

Unfortunately for us it makes every sense.

Warriors clearly have a succession plan in place and when RTS decided to move on they identified the best up and comer for his replacement and went out and got him.

Although we also identified but our salary cap is such a mess we are limited at the minute regardless of what our excuses maybe.

One thing that is for sure and certain is whoever is responsible and in charge of such things at our club should be shown the door with a kick up the arse on the way out.

Trusting Donaghy is sitting in his home office sorting out and going through such things as a matter of urgency.
For sure our salary cap is a mess but even if it wasn't we shouldn't have signed him for that amount. This shows me that we are heading in the right direction because it would have been peak Broncos to do a heap of work to clean up our salary cap only to pay massive overs for an untested kid and **** it all up again.

I can't agree with that.

If you rated him highly enough to play one of the most important positions on the field than you have to pay him for that job. $250,000 is 18-21 money.

You're assuming he is going to play 25 games of quality fullback- that's probably not going to be the case. You might get six out of him next year.

I don't think you can pay just by the position no matter who is there- Roosters didn't pay Sam- Cronk money they paid him go play for Norths and we will see money.

Which is exactly what Kevvie was doing.

You're assuming he is going to play 25 games of quality fullback- that's probably not going to be the case. You might get six out of him next year.

I don't think you can pay just by the position no matter who is there- Roosters didn't pay Sam- Cronk money they paid him go play for Norths and we will see money.

Which is exactly what Kevvie was doing.

I like the way you worded that, go play for North’s and you will ‘see’ money. It is the Roosters way after all. A trip to the UK might usually cost the club say 10k per player. Someone at the Roosters might have conveniently put a typo of an extra 0 on the end of that for ‘travel allowance’.

I like the way you worded that, go play for North’s and you will ‘see’ money. It is the Roosters way after all. A trip to the UK might usually cost the club say 10k per player. Someone at the Roosters might have conveniently put a typo of an extra 0 on the end of that for ‘travel allowance’.

Solid contribution as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mrtij
  • pennywisealfie
  • Hurrijo
  • ostin86
  • Pablo
  • Professor47
  • Alec
  • I bleed Maroon
  • DrGee
  • heartly87
  • ozzball
  • Hoshsie
  • theshed
  • cento
  • Nightwatchman
  • rnabokov
  • Battler
  • The True King
  • Locky24
  • lakers133334
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.