Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
This deal has Brown's hands all over it I think "look, it worked with ponga"... this kid is talented but correct me if I'm wrong here junior watchers but ponga absolutely blitzed it compared to Walsh in the juniors (?) and ponga hasn't always justified his pay some knights fans would argue. And he was far, far further along in his development then Walsh is now...
To be fair, Ponga signed on for almost like twice as much as Walsh has with the Warriors.

i hope that last line is not true cause it makes this walsh situation worse again.

why the **** is our recruitment hellbent on having our forward/backrowers earn more then our spine players.
Because it's easier to tell whether a jr forward is going to make it. It was obvious that Haas was going to be insanely good just by his physique, strength, and fitness. It's harder to spot talent in the spine and I'm assuming the Broncos' management are risk averse in that regard.

You might have him mixed up with Palasia, Piakura is a teenager who was in the NRL bubble last year and is on a development deal this year. The Broncos will ease him through the QCup system and will look to give him some games during the back-end of the season.

What gets me is that the Broncos have reportedly offered him $500,000 to re-sign.
Thanks Pete! Yep, I was thinking Palasia.
So are they onto something? Does Piakura look the goods?

Thanks Pete! Yep, I was thinking Palasia.
So are they onto something? Does Piakura look the goods?
At this stage he's just a top quality prospect. Until we actually see him play against men, there's every chance he won't be ready until 2024.

Culture wise I completely agree with the way Kevvie negotiated as mentioned by @1910. This sends the message that the club is bigger than any one player. We’re not going to overpay just to keep you here.
For any people who are worried, the Raiders lost Bateman and everyone was wondering how they’d fill that gap, now they’ve got Hudson Young killing it. We’ll be fine

Culture wise I completely agree with the way Kevvie negotiated as mentioned by @1910. This sends the message that the club is bigger than any one player. We’re not going to overpay just to keep you here.
For any people who are worried, the Raiders lost Bateman and everyone was wondering how they’d fill that gap, now they’ve got Hudson Young killing it. We’ll be fine

Unfortunately, quality spine players are a little harder to come by.

Unfortunately, quality spine players are a little harder to come by.
Exactly, and by what's been mentioned they wanted him Dearden and paix locked in for the next generation spine. You at least make an effort, $250k is chump change in the scheme of things . I get the feeling Kevvie tried the Bennett move before earning the respect, especially with where the broncos are at atm

Exactly, and by what's been mentioned they wanted him Dearden and paix locked in for the next generation spine. You at least make an effort, $250k is chump change in the scheme of things . I get the feeling Kevvie tried the Bennett move before earning the respect, especially with where the broncos are at atm

I agree, hopefully he learns a lesson from it and we get some of our other retention priorities actually putting pen to paper.

N
He’s a forfty percent chance of going
He’ll 100% go, forty % of the time.
But anyway, Dobbo reckons he’s been talking to Kevvie who tells him the money saved on Walsh will go towards keeping Katoni. Believe it or not, who knows?

Last edited:
N

He’ll 100% go, forty % of the time.
But anyway, Dobbo reckons he’s been talking to Kevvie who tells him the money saved on Walsh will go towards keeping Katoni. Believe it or not, who knows?

How much are we going to pay Staggs??

How much are we going to pay Staggs??
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

might be the only way to avoid another BHQ meltdown

Come on bro, supporters are passionate and there is nothing wrong with that. Most supporters will also be unhappy if he signs on for 1 million. In fact, most people don't want to pay more than 600k. IF we lose a few more kids though, I worry the club might get desperate, panic and offer Staggs that amount.

BHQ (and Broncos fans in general) are the most bipolar supporter base in the entirety of world sport
to be fair every one always thinks there own fans are the most overreacting bi polar fans in the world. i see this type of comment on so many chat boards for many sports across the world its not funny

BHQ (and Broncos fans in general) are the most bipolar supporter base in the entirety of world sport
You should follow the 76ers. Supporter base are fucked in the head

You should follow the 76ers. Supporter base are fucked in the head

i couldn't even tell you what sport they play in what country ,,, at best i would guess American something

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Brocko
  • pennywisealfie
  • Yellowfella
  • Professor47
  • MrRobot
  • bert_lifts
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.