Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's 500k, this was the one I didn't want to be right about. Last week's chat was 100% right.

500k v 250k and Kevvie wouldn't budge- rightfully said 250k for an untried fullback and the promise you will be our fullback and stay at home. The next deal you sign will be your 500K one.
I can't agree with that.

If you rated him highly enough to play one of the most important positions on the field than you have to pay him for that job. $250,000 is 18-21 money.

It's 500k with an option in his favour, this was the one I didn't want to be right about. Last week's chat was 100% right.

500k v 250k and Kevvie wouldn't budge- rightfully said 250k for an untried fullback and the promise you will be our fullback and stay at home. The next deal you sign will be your 500K one.
Gone are the days you can pull that shit , he could've gone more and still got him cheaper. That's fucking piss weak if you planned on giving him the 1

I can't agree with that.

If you rated him highly enough to play one of the most important positions on the field than you have to pay him for that job. $250,000 is 18-21 money.

Isn't that his age? Not sure what you mean?

I'm on the fence.

There's not much you can do if the kid doesn't want to stay.

Isn't that his age? Not sure what you mean?
I'm talking about the reserve numbers, where he's well and truly in the mix for your Top 17.

A top prospect like Suaalii but you're happy for them to play NSW Cup and develop.

Last edited:
Courier Mail reports the Warriors deal is $450,000 a season.

If the plan is for him to be the starting fullback from 2022, wouldn't you be looking to pay him the same money?

Something doesn't add up here.
But you can’t... like I’m gutted that kid is bloody good but you just can’t... he didn’t leave cause he doesn’t like the broncos I can guarantee you that it’s the money yet again... we offered him probably shit all (his actual value without playing a game) and the reality is that we can’t keep matching these clubs on over inflated contracts based off potential... I reckon this one was worth it though

Now that walsh is gone, i would be ramping up our pursuit of drinkwater and i would also be talking to nicho hynes who is also available and stuck behind papenhuyzen.

I would also be taking steps to secure cobbo to sure up our depth and transition in fullback.

But you can’t... like I’m gutted that kid is bloody good but you just can’t... he didn’t leave cause he doesn’t like the broncos I can guarantee you that it’s the money yet again... we offered him probably shit all (his actual value without playing a game) and the reality is that we can’t keep matching these clubs on over inflated contracts based off potential... I reckon this one was worth it though
I agree that players shouldn't be picked on potential, but if the plan was for him to be the NRL fullback than you've got to be prepared to pay those wages.

It's like I was saying with Corey Allan. A lot of people baulked at $500,000 but if you rate him as an NRL fullback than that's what you have to be prepared to pay.

well in this case i think the look of our roster is justified seeing how we won the spoon last year no?

and i did not say every player in our team is shit, turpin is actually one of the better ones we need to keep to help build a team.

no doubt we are still short 1 or 2 genuine stars now.

but the issue I guess will be who are we going to get with all this cap space we will be getting in the next year.
Wasn't arguing brother! I know you didn't say every player was shit and never thought that's what you intended to convey. I just remember the lesson Fatties Origin Teams taught me.

You might not remember it but back in '95 I looked over the NSW team and all I could see were stars stars stars. Check some of these names A. Johns. M. Johns. Paul Harragon. Mark Carrol. Tim Brasher. Terry Hill. Rod Wishart and Paul McGregor. Brad Fittler, Geoff Toovey, Brad Mackay, Steve Menzies, even blokes like Jimmy Serdaris and Greg Florimo were well regarded just like Dean Pay and David Fairleigh. They even had a psycho's like Hopoate when he was terror.

On paper they were unbeatable. No one gave Fatties heroes a chance including me and I'm an optimist!! History shows Qld smashed them 3 zip.

I learned my lesson and I just won't write off a Bronco or Qld team, not before a ball is kicked. I don't care about last year, the aberration that it was. I don't even care that this team is allegedly weaker because it doesn't matter what's on paper, previous form or perceived ability. What matters is desire, team work, accountability and belief. That's what KW thinks too, I know that for fact, hearing it from the horses mouth and no, not in the media, in person.

If Piakura is so good why is he not in the side? Is he still in rehab?
I kind of glazed over at about half way through last season and stopped following pretty much anything football related so I feel like I’m missing something with this kid. He looked good going back a season or two then he did his Knee... He hasn’t played any footy yet the Bulldogs are going to throw $800k at him?? If he’s fit and not in the side maybe he has already signed somewhere else and Kevvie is leaving him out?

Article from Badel in the CM saying that Glenn hasn't ruled out playing on next year -

“I’m not going to be selfish,” he said.

“I don’t want to be that person. I need a good start to the year because of the injuries I had last year. If I am consistent every week, then I will probably play on again. But I don’t want to make promises I can’t keep.

“Mentally I believe I can play for another two years but physically it’s how I handle things.

“I will play the first half of the season and then see whether I decide to play on.”

If Piakura is so good why is he not in the side? Is he still in rehab?
I kind of glazed over at about half way through last season and stopped following pretty much anything football related so I feel like I’m missing something with this kid. He looked good going back a season or two then he did his Knee... He hasn’t played any footy yet the Bulldogs are going to throw $800k at him?? If he’s fit and not in the side maybe he has already signed somewhere else and Kevvie is leaving him out?

I believe was in rehab but starting for Norths this weekend

This one hurts big time. We lost a future star player raised in south east QLD who was given a fair offer and assurance of a starting position next year to the Warriors. I don’t get overhyped often, I still don’t rate Niu much but Walsh looked the goods

Money be damned this one proves more than Fifita how far we have fallen
You do know he's not dead, right? Two years time we can start negotiations then, he probably will have had a gutful of NZud by then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • scobie
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.