Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then we should have saddled up and put our foot down and stood up for ourselves and told him either sign or move on.

Best case we sign him up early for a reasonable price, worst case we lose him early and we can make contingency plans.

Both situations are better than being publicly strung along by a greedy, stupid young kid and then spurned at the last minute.
Given the large turn-over of talent, the Broncos were understandably patient with Fifita. It's different from last year where nobody knew who the CEO was going to be, let alone the Broncos fullback for 2022.

I'd be targeting 2 players for 2022 in addition to attempting re-signing the players @Sproj mentioned.

Scott Drinkwater and Brandon Smith.

I'd offer the Storm Oates to try to get Smith released

Its not Pokemon, you cant keep them all...

But dont worry, im sure you agree its a positive we have $600K invested in Flegler and 2 years worth of PO invested in Lodge..

Good times...

Was just listening to SEN. Whoever was talking on there said their mail is that Piakura is/has signed with the Dogs.
I have no idea of the credibility of this though.

Hope you are negotiating with the work experience kid lol bout the only chanve of that happening.

they've tried to get Oates on a couple of occasions ... and the type of player who could thrive in their system

Was just listening to SEN. Whoever was talking on there said their mail is that Piakura is/has signed with the Dogs.

It has been touted for a while unfortunately.

I've said this before and it still rings true: We are going to have a **** of a time not only signing talent but hanging on to it until we can prove we aren't a complete fucking shitshow anymore.

Just in case Josh Jackson, Adam Elliott, Raymond Faitala-Mariner, Corey Waddell, Joe Stimson, Dean Britt, Chris Smith & Matt Doorey wasn't enough 2RF options?..

Courier Mail reports the Warriors deal is $450,000 a season.

If the plan is for him to be the starting fullback from 2022, wouldn't you be looking to pay him the same money?

Something doesn't add up here.
See 450k I could believe...

We better be signing a fullback and a decent one next year because as it stands, we are stuck with isaako forever.

If the plan is for him to be the starting fullback from 2022, wouldn't you be looking to pay him the same money?

Yep doesnt make any sense.

Maybe he wanted to start this year like Dane Laurie and signed with the warriors out of spite for not being selected anywhere in the round 1 team?

It's 500k with an option in his favour, this was the one I didn't want to be right about. Last week's chat was 100% right.

500k v 250k and Kevvie wouldn't budge- rightfully said 250k for an untried fullback and the promise you will be our fullback and stay at home. The next deal you sign will be your 500K one.

Last edited:
It's 500k, this was the one I didn't want to be right about. Last week's chat was 100% right.

500k v 250k and Kevvie wouldn't budge- rightfully said 250k for an untried fullback and the promise you will be our fullback and stay at home. The next deal you sign will be your 500K one.
Gotta build culture somehow, can’t just cave into young unproven players.

still stings though.

Wouldn’t it be Louise who doesn’t budge?

It's 500k with an option in his favour, this was the one I didn't want to be right about. Last week's chat was 100% right.

Wow.. great to see Kevin Walters bringing some old school common sense to the negotiations table ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • scobie
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.