Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

I don't blame Walters if he didn't view Walsh as an NRL fullback. However if the plan was to play a $250,000 than they were setting themselves up for failure. The Warriors have put their money where their mouth is and while there is a hint of desperation at least they value the talent and the position enough to make it happen.
I do not understand this thinking at all. You get paid based on your experience and output, not based on the position. We have no idea about Walsh yet you want to give him 500k and Kevvie has made a mistake because he wanted to give him a chance at fullback but didn't want to pay him 500k before knowing if he is a fullback let alone a great one.

I'm sorry to say this because I have so much respect for you but this really feels like not being a fan of Kevvie as coach and using any reason to have a dig at him.

If he left for only an extra 50k he is nuts. Being away from family and having to set up a place from scratch would take most of that up straight away.
Would have thought the Broncs could have sold it to him that he wouldn't be any better off with just an extra 50k.
Off course it could have been a lot more.

i agree ... my bet would be it would be closer to the 450k Badel is now spouting or the 500k that 1910 talked about. makes more sense for a kid to take double the offer from the rival

It would be nice if we didn't have to target players from other clubs. Especially in light of squealing like stuck pigs about other teams doing the same to us.

Apparently, a player swap is also on the table with the Warriors wanting Walsh now. Might as well offload him asap rather than a waste another cent on training him to play for someone else.
I’ll take Kodi back.

I’ll take Kodi back.
Yeah sure. Like they'll swap us anyone we'd want. This is how they get to turf out their dross.

Puts the Tigers offer to swap Billy Walters for Walsh in perspective. The sad thing is we're likely to fork out for Walters now.

Last edited:
Points out that everyone has limited information, even those with insider knowledge then in the same posts makes wild assumptions about Kev’s thought process.
Err, isn't that why I said I'm pretty sure? It's an admission I have limited knowledge as does most of the rest of the population. It's also hardly a 'wild assumption'. It is an assumption but a reasonable one considering his reported stance.

I didn't state that no one should make observations simply because they don't know everything. I don't see a conflict.

you know what id like; the club stop announcing social media propoganda about whos next to declare undying love for the Broncos and wants to stay for life etc...

JUST ANNOUNCE SOMETHING WHEN THEY SIGN.....

Its really not that hard, stop click baiting and announce something when they re-sign...

I do not understand this thinking at all. You get paid based on your experience and output, not based on the position. We have no idea about Walsh yet you want to give him 500k and Kevvie has made a mistake because he wanted to give him a chance at fullback but didn't want to pay him 500k before knowing if he is a fullback let alone a great one.

I'm sorry to say this because I have so much respect for you but this really feels like not being a fan of Kevvie as coach and using any reason to have a dig at him.
Let's break this down.

I believe certain positions are worth more than others and that in order to be successful in the NRL, teams have to value those positions accordingly. Generally speaking, it's the spine positions because they're the playmakers who you build your shapes and structures around. Fullbacks in particular are pivotal to the modern game and you need quality players there to be competitive.

It's less about how Walters rated Reece Walsh as much as he was willing to throw a $250,000 player into one of the most important positions on the field. If Walters doesn't rate Walsh that's fine because we haven't seen him play even a second of QCup but that's not how it's been reported. We're led to believe that Walters saw him as some prodigy who was going to be the guy playing in one of the most important positions on the field.

I don't think it's the end of the world but they're going to have to find a quality fullback and be prepared to spend $250,000 to make it happen.

Err, isn't that why I said I'm pretty sure? It's an admission I have limited knowledge as does most of the rest of the population. It's also hardly a 'wild assumption'. It is an assumption but a reasonable one considering his reported stance.

I didn't state that no one should make observations simply because they don't know everything. I don't see a conflict.
Okay but then why did you feel the need to state the obvious that 1910 doesn’t know every detail when I said IF what 1910
says is true.

Adding the disclaimer “if” is a far bigger admission of limited facts than your use or “pretty sure”. “If” doesn’t suggest any level
of certainty or knowledge, where “pretty sure” implies some level of authority on what is true.

You felt the need to remind me how fallible all insights are, only to go on and claim to be pretty sure about something that you have even less information about than the person I was referring to, and on top of that, I never made any suggestion that their claim was credible - unlike your own claim that you are pretty sure that the shit you made up is accurate.

Last edited:
Let's break this down.

I believe certain positions are worth more than others and that in order to be successful in the NRL, teams have to value those positions accordingly. Generally speaking, it's the spine positions because they're the playmakers who you build your shapes and structures around. Fullbacks in particular are pivotal to the modern game and you need quality players there to be competitive.

It's less about how Walters rated Reece Walsh as much as he was willing to throw a $250,000 player into one of the most important positions on the field. If Walters doesn't rate Walsh that's fine because we haven't seen him play even a second of QCup but that's not how it's been reported. We're led to believe that Walters saw him as some prodigy who was going to be the guy playing in one of the most important positions on the field.

I don't think it's the end of the world but they're going to have to find a quality fullback and be prepared to spend $250,000 to make it happen.

All the better to find out how talented Isaako really is without the stench of Boyd and Seibold hanging over him. A mistake free game 1 and now 24 rounds to go to really show his wares at the back. WB had faith and gave him his debut, a Dally M via his boot and was groomed to take over before family tragedy messed up his confidence/trajectory.
I don't get all this shit that he's the worst...it's just certain posters being outright dismissive without having an objective eye regarding his performances.
He's primed for a big one tonight, his boot will get us home for our first victory in a while.
GO ISAAKO!!

Okay but then why did you feel the need to state the obvious that 1910 doesn’t know every detail when I said IF what 1910
says is true.

Adding the disclaimer “if” is a far bigger admission of limited facts than your use or “pretty sure”. “If” doesn’t suggest any level
of certainty or knowledge, where “pretty sure” implies some level of authority on what is true.

You felt the need to remind me how fallible all insights are, only to go on and claim to be pretty sure about something that you have even less information about than the person I was referring to, and on top of that, I never made any suggestion that their claim was credible - unlike your own claim that you are pretty sure that the shit you made up is accurate.
'Pretty sure' is declaration of how certain I am of my opinion or view. It's not a declaration of certainty or a claim of fact. It allows or infers that I could be wrong. Not all insights are equal and I did point out that 1910 has clearly greater access or more detailed information. At no stage did I say that no one, yourself included shouldn't draw their own conclusions regardless of how much information they have access to.

Anyway, I apologize for stepping over the mark. Once again, I'll try and not repeat doing so.

Maybe time to start spending some of our money Joe.

Maybe time to start spending some of our money Joe.

$250k over 2 seasons seems pretty reasonable tbh. The kids a gun, and is low risk. Remember that Flegler is on $600k.

Surely we can match that, if that’s the real offer from the dogs.

All the better to find out how talented Isaako really is without the stench of Boyd and Seibold hanging over him. A mistake free game 1 and now 24 rounds to go to really show his wares at the back. WB had faith and gave him his debut, a Dally M via his boot and was groomed to take over before family tragedy messed up his confidence/trajectory.
I don't get all this shit that he's the worst...it's just certain posters being outright dismissive without having an objective eye regarding his performances.
He's primed for a big one tonight, his boot will get us home for our first victory in a while.
GO ISAAKO!!
I must admit I disagree with you more often than not but this time I think you're right. I've never lost faith in Isaako and also understand he's young and suffered off the field. That being the case I can easily understand how that could produce indifferent and inconsistent performance over period of time.

I think he'll kick on and no pun intended.

$250k over 2 seasons seems pretty reasonable tbh. The kids a gun, and is low risk. Remember that Flegler is on $600k.

Surely we can match that, if that’s the real offer from the dogs.

if that's actually the offer, i doubt the Bulldogs "blow us out of the water" ... the rumours not too long ago were saying the offer was closer to 600k a season

I think you'll find the offer is $500K for 2 years ($1m total).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Locky24
  • LittleDavey
  • Evander
  • BroncosMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • kluppy
  • porouian
  • bert_lifts
  • Fitzy
  • Tmac
  • Redfern_1980
  • Emanon
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • LGH
  • BruiserMk1
  • phoenix
  • Gaz
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.