Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are in for a fair bit of pain over the next year or so. Piakura will leave, Walsh gone, Staggs i dont think will stay either as well as Dearden. Wouldnt surprise me if we managed to lose Riki as well.

I think its time we took a leaf out of the Storms recruitment playbook. Get in a combination of some players hungry to make it in the NRL from ISC ( in both States ) and some solid NRL players who just roll their sleeves up and do their jobs. then you can try to get in 3 or 4 players of real quality. We have taken our eye off the ball and we are paying for it.
I’m not sure the clubs strategy on those listed players but your suggestion above is certainly worse case scenario.

I think we just need to be smarter with the net we cast over available players. There are good value players out there, just look at parra the first 2 weeks with Opacic and Papali’i, probably being paid bugger all in the scheme of things but really strengthen the squad.

The **** up with Siebold and time it took to announce Kevvie and the wooden spoon left us with the scraps this off season whilst other teams could offer certainty before we got a look in. I am confident we will be in a better position over the next 9 months to land some astute signings, winning some games would certainly help though.

I’m not sure the clubs strategy on those listed players but your suggestion above is certainly worse case scenario.

I think we just need to be smarter with the net we cast over available players. There are good value players out there, just look at parra the first 2 weeks with Opacic and Papali’i, probably being paid bugger all in the scheme of things but really strengthen the squad.

The **** up with Siebold and time it took to announce Kevvie and the wooden spoon left us with the scraps this off season whilst other teams could offer certainty before we got a look in. I am confident we will be in a better position over the next 9 months to land some astute signings, winning some games would certainly help though.

I've said it for a while now, and I hope I'm proved wrong and look stupid on this, but I think Staggs is already gone. He's really been agitating for this move behind the scenes. Riki quite honestly is the only one I really believe will stay.

It is more just frustrating than anything else. The management has screwed over the club for probably the last half decade. Now we finally look to be turning it around, we come up against a new club coming in and just absolutely ridiculous offers coming in for our kids for literally no reason other than other clubs being as desperate as we are but us rightly not trying to match these totally stupid offers.

I don't know what the answer is other than threatening to pull out of development and getting grubby by going off the high ground and cheating on and off the field. What a gloomy time to be a fan.

Problem is in this day and age you can't really blame these kids for taking these stupidly large offers. It's something that the NRL needs to look at but I'm not sure how they will fix it, if they even see a problem there in the first place.

Problem is in this day and age you can't really blame these kids for taking these stupidly large offers. It's something that the NRL needs to look at but I'm not sure how they will fix it, if they even see a problem there in the first place.

Yeah I don't blame the kids for taking the offers, it is a broken system that's frustrating.

I think we need those solid NRL players. Look at our current squad. Its all either young blokes or players at the end of their careers who dont offer much. Blokes like Rudolf, Capewell, Drinkwater and Liu would improve us no end. I dont see any of them like Marsh, Clinto or Sims. We are really desperate for some low maintenance players who just do their jobs.
I’m not convinced on Drinkwater yet but I definitely agree with your sentiment. Capewell, Mann/Oppa, Drinkwater/Holmes.

We are still short one established spine player.

I’m not convinced on Drinkwater yet but I definitely agree with your sentiment. Capewell, Mann/Oppa, Drinkwater/Holmes.

We are still short one established spine player.
I like Drinkwater as a fullback, I don't think he is a half after watching him there.

I like Drinkwater as a fullback, I don't think he is a half after watching him there.
He was a half all through his juniors i believe and honestly hasn't proved anything, yet we let someone who is 100% a fullback and now people are calling for another manufactured fullback.
If we want a 1 we chase a 1 PAPS all the way imo

once a favoured team like the titans storm or heavens forbid roosters lose a star up and coming jnr then and only then will the nrl be outraged and attempt to put rules in to fix it.

While it continues to happen to the broncos it only makes vlandys happier as its means more chance of his second brisbane team being a success

Last edited:
He was a half all through his juniors i believe and honestly hasn't proved anything, yet we let someone who is 100% a fullback and now people are calling for another manufactured fullback.
If we want a 1 we chase a 1 PAPS all the way imo

He played a lot of fullback in ISC at the Tigers. Lets not forget, He was being groomed by Bellamy as a fullback and first cab off the rank to replace Slater until he tore his pec, Papenhauzen got his chance, took it and the rest is history.

His attacking play in the halves is actually very good as well tbh, but his defence is worse than James Maloney's there.

Do we potentially go after tex hoy? Or is his name too horrible?

He played a lot of fullback in ISC at the Tigers. Lets not forget, He was being groomed by Bellamy as a fullback and first cab off the rank to replace Slater until he tore his pec, Papenhauzen got his chance, took it and the rest is history.

His attacking play in the halves is actually very good as well tbh, but his defence is worse than James Maloney's there.
Sorry my bad you're right he did, he was only in the running for Slater position with huges and someone else I'm sure.

Sorry my bad you're right he did, he was only in the running for Slater position with huges and someone else I'm sure.

You werent wrong though. He did play halves and played 6 a fair bit for the Falcons iirc.

What you just watched in 40mins, is exactly why the club won’t be held to ransom by promising young kids. Because they are kids, who’ve proven nothing.

The line has been drawn in the sand by Kevvie.

More will leave. Those that are left, are the ones worth keeping.

What you just watched in 40mins, is exactly why the club won’t be held to ransom by promising young kids. Because they are kids, who’ve proven nothing.

Or they are the ones so bad nobody else wants them.

Who do you think will remain?

Exactly.

I don't blame Walters if he didn't view Walsh as an NRL fullback. However if the plan was to play a $250,000 than they were setting themselves up for failure. The Warriors have put their money where their mouth is and while there is a hint of desperation at least they value the talent and the position enough to make it happen.
As long as you don’t ever, under any circumstances give Corey Allan $400k, that’s all most Broncos fans care about

Moving forward, just clean it all out. Do it emotion even, who cares. This club is broken and rotten. Build around this:

3. Farnworth
4. Niu
5. Coates
8. Haas
12. Riki
13. Bullemor

They are the only blokes that should definitely be retained. There are few others there or thereabouts but it has to be a cleanout and start again. Notice too, not one spine player is worth keeping really and that is a huge problem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • RodF
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • pennywisealfie
  • broncoscope
  • jarro65
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • Big Del
  • bb_gun
  • Tristan1990
  • davidp
  • TimWhatley
  • Astro
  • NSW stables
  • Stix
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.