Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moving forward, just clean it all out. Do it emotion even, who cares. This club is broken and rotten. Build around this:

3. Farnworth
4. Niu
5. Coates
8. Haas
12. Riki
13. Bullemor

They are the only blokes that should definitely be retained. There are few others there or thereabouts but it has to be a cleanout and start again. Notice too, not one spine player is worth keeping really and that is a huge problem.
Why no Dearden?

Isn't he similar to all those mentioned apart from haas and probably Coates to an extent .
Coates and Riki have done something on the field. So far Dearden has consistently kicked the ball on the last tackle every so often. Needs to dominate Q Cup and earn his Broncos spot.

Isn't he similar to all those mentioned apart from haas and probably Coates to an extent .

Mainly because Dearden hasn't done anything yet to be dictating terms. Haas is signed on, so he has to stay. Coates looked great last week and has played origin.

Not really based on anything other than players I’d like to see us chase and players that need to **** off if I had free reign for 2022

Losses- Jesse Arthars, Alex Glenn, David Mead, Dale COpley, Ben Te’o, Anthony Milford, Corey Oates, Matt Lodge, Richie Kennar Keenan Palasia

Gains- Scott Drinkwater, Kurt Capewell, Brendan Smith, Kurt Mann, Hymel Hunt, Billy Walters, Dunamis Lui, Deloise Hoeter, Edrick Lee

Mainly because Dearden hasn't done anything yet to be dictating terms. Haas is signed on, so he has to stay. Coates looked great last week and has played origin.
Who said he is? Coates only played origin because of a shortage of backs and has met with Bellamy. Don't get me wrong they all should be doing there time in ISC but in reality no one worth their salt won't hang around.

Also start dropping players who tour other teams facilities. If their heads aren’t in it they can sit out for the week

If Walsh wasn’t worth that sort of money then I assume we are doing everything we can to get Isaako, Lodge and Flegler off our books ASAP

I would of 100% been happy with risking 300k on Walsh if it meant Isaako wasn't in the 1. Walsh can also kick in play and catch, something our current FB is unable to do.
Same. We probably have Isaako on similar money and all he’s proven is he isn’t an NRL fullback. Yeah it’s a risk but at least take some risks on spine players, I mean we are paying plodders like Lodge and Flegler far more money than a potential gun fullback ffs.

If they took a punt on Walsh and it didn’t pay off I wouldn’t bag them, I don’t think many would.

Same. We probably have Isaako on similar money and all he’s proven is he isn’t an NRL fullback. Yeah it’s a risk but at least take some risks on spine players, I mean we are paying plodders like Lodge and Flegler far more money than a potential gun fullback ffs.

If they took a punt on Walsh and it didn’t pay off I wouldn’t bag them, I don’t think many would.
I'm sure we gave Isaako something like 500k p/yr for 5yrs. I am stretching the mind back a few years, so I could be wrong but I'm sure it was something around that.
In hindsight, offer Isaako up to rival clubs, pay 200k freight and sign Walsh for 300k and we are effectively no different on the cap.
Unfortunately I don't think this club thinks outside the box.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • john1420
  • Redfern_1980
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lostboy
  • Sproj
  • bert_lifts
  • Evander
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Swordfish
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • jarro65
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • Dash
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.