Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for 2022 no. But from Nov.1 we can sign him for 2023 onwards and then negotiate. Maybe they’ll still want Milford? 🤣

That's a fair deal to be honest. We get a player in a position we need, they get a five-eighth on a massively reduced contract with little risk and massive upside if they can somehow unlock even 70% of 15-16 Milf.

For what it's worth, a mate of mine spoke to Staggs at the game tonight and asked him about the contract situation.

He claims that the 3 clubs offering him contracts are the Broncos, Bulldogs & Manly. Bulldogs offering the most money, but Broncos not far behind.

His impression was that Kotoni wants to stay in Brisbane.

Surely. Panthers premiership window is open now for the next 3-4 years. He's in the QLD team - no reason to leave.
Yep and Panthers are playing Martin from the pine. Another potential experienced signing we weren’t willing to chuck another alleged $100k to secure.

For what it's worth, a mate of mine spoke to Staggs at the game tonight and asked him about the contract situation.

He claims that the 3 clubs offering him contracts are the Broncos, Bulldogs & Manly. Bulldogs offering the most money, but Broncos not far behind.

Is Staggs willing to talk about this in so much detail with any random he meets?

And yet he's been speaking to the Eels as well, quite regularly.

I think we may as well accept that Staggs will walk too in the coming weeks. Walsh and Piakura have set the tone already. All the ***** we want to keep are leaving, and the ones we want gone are begging for new contracts (while still playing like shit).

That is a big difference. The money now is stupid for these kids.
Yes but all clubs face the same problem. Just that some clubs handle it better than others and most do it better than us. Having the spoon and starting the Kevolution 0-2 doesn’t help.

Will it get better?

Not for a while. Kevvie admitted post-match last night the salary cap at he club is a mess. Unfortunately, as far as I’m aware, aside from White every other person involved in recruitment and retention remains in their job and we have a board hopelessly out of their depth.

The one guy who could start trying to fix it can’t legally start on it for another 6 weeks.

Without ever saying it, his contact in the NRL is Opacic.
So Staggs is talking to Parra and they admin are running down to training saying “Hey Tommy, guess who we are trying to sign? I’ll give you a hint, the thought of his signing is making us a little ‘toey’”.

Last edited:
So Staggs is talking to Parra and they admin are running down to training saying “Hey Tommy, guess who we are trying to sign? I’ll give you a hint, the thought of his signing is making us a little ‘toey’”.

Toetally logicuticle don’t you think?

Or it could be two players that played together at Redcliffe and Brisbane catch up with each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• RodF
  • Locky24
  • Redfern_1980
  • The Strapper
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Adammacca
  • Harry Sack
  • levikaden
  • Bucking Beads
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • azza.79
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Maroon4life
  • ettybay
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.