Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without ever saying it, his contact in the NRL is Opacic.
I don't have any contacts in the NRL. Quite a few ex Broncos down in Sydney, not just in Paramatta.

Last edited:
Smokin joe is the biggest dick tease ever 😂 just pops in gives one sentence answers then “poof” he’s gone. 😂
You guys see he just quoted my sign poopyhouse for 1.3m and then removed it?

god bless that sneaky man or is he a she? 😂
B099CEBC 9C1F 4663 A6C4 B0849634941D

Last edited:
We have been down this road before, I see no reason to continue it.

And that is; we must stop immediately paying young guys on what we " think" they will become in the future, then pay them overs and cross our fingers and legs and hopes like crazy that they reach that potential...

Im with Smoking Joe, it will get worse before it gets better. But, in a weird way, it HAS to be like this...

We will no longer be held to ransom.

And I mean, look at who's doing the offering...who the **** really wants to live in Canterbury or Auckland and play for those teams...?? No-one unless you pay overs...

Silver lining is, we are a strong chance of bringing the guys back to club a few years form now if indeed they have developed like we are hoping they will now...it doesn't necessarily mean they are gone forever.

And if they actually dont fulfilled their potential now they are someone else's problem.

Seriously, we are opening up cap space for next FA period. Be smart, go and use that to attract proper professional NRL standard players.

I live in ACT now, I've watched what the Raiders have done. They are happy to give the lesser lights a chance, bring them into their system and give them game time. You know what, thats all a lot of them want, a run of games.

In return, you get a professional attitude, willingness to work and a attitude of simply being grateful someone took a chance on them

Ryan James lived closer to Brisbane than Canberra. Give me 10 games a year of James over a season of Glenn, Carrigan and Flegler any day...

I see Lachlan Murdoch has jetted into Oz and is in quarantine.
I’m sure it’s because he’s upset at what’s happening here and is keen to fix the mess up...

And that is; we must stop immediately paying young guys on what we " think" they will become in the future, then pay them overs and cross our fingers and legs and hopes like crazy that they reach that potential...

Im with Smoking Joe, it will get worse before it gets better. But, in a weird way, it HAS to be like this...

And I mean, look at who's doing the offering...who the **** really wants to live in Canterbury or Auckland and play for those teams...?? No-one unless you pay overs...

Silver lining is, we are a strong chance of bringing the guys back to club a few years form now if indeed they have developed like we are hoping they will now...it doesn't necessarily mean they are gone forever.

And if they actually dont fulfilled their potential now they are someone else's problem.

Seriously, we are opening up cap space for next FA period. Be smart, go and use that to attract proper professional NRL standard players.
Yep I am with this 100%

There is no quick ways out of this hole that White and the board have put us in but we just need to make a line in the sand and move on, quick patches and bandaids will just prolong this.

Line in the sand. Out of these young guys pick your priorities and make them fair offers (even slightly overs given our state) and they take it or leave it. The others can **** off and use that cap space to bring in proven performers that have expensive but a few good years left in them. Do that and in 2 or 3 years time I can see us back in premiership contention and the ship righted. Keep trying to keep these potential and there will be no end in sight.

I see Lachlan Murdoch has jetted into Oz and is in quarantine.
I’m sure it’s because he’s upset at what’s happening here and is keen to fix the mess up...
Bahaha he is more likely to be here to pat Morris on the back in person for the clicks generated by destroying our club on his instruction.

Last edited:
Yep I am with this 100%

There is no quick ways out of this hole that White and the board have put us in but we just need to make a line in the sand and move on, quick patches and bandaids will just prolong this.

Line in the sand. Out of these young guys pick your priorities and make them fair offers (even slightly overs given our state) and they take it or leave it. The others can **** off and use that cap space to bring in proven performers that have expensive but a few good years left in them. Do that and in 2 or 3 years time I can see us back in premiership contention and the ship righted. Keep trying to keep these potential and there will be no end in sight.
But that's the thing we didn't make walsh a priority signing offering only $250k , yet we wanted him to be our 1 as of next season.
I understand drawing a line in the sand but you can't just do it for the sake of it , and that's why I'm filthy is be it seems last man standing will get the job . He'll be loyal but is he any fucking good? There's a talent shortage of quality spine players but we let one of the best ones walk because we're taking the moral high ground.

I think there is a quick fix to be competitive again to be honest. Not this season, this is more pain but we have the cap space to make smart purchases to fill out the squad from next season and build to being at least competitive again by 23. But we NEED to get in some solid first graders for next season even if it costs SLIGHT overs because these kids cannot keep copping this treatment for another two years, we'll lose them or more likely, break the ones that stay.

Try and re-sign: Riki, Coates, Niu, Staggs, Dearden, Piakura but don't the break for any of them. I think we likely keep Riki, Coates, Niu and maybe Dearden. I think we lose Staggs and Piakura unfortunately.

I would re-sign Asiata and the other depth players on an as needs basis and only bargain basement prices.

Go to market and bring in these guys, even if you have to pay slight overs (not massive overs) but don't screw them around by offering way unders, we don't have much pull anymore, accept the new reality but don't go stupid:

Hit List (in no particular order):
Lui
Johnson
Hynes
B.Smith
H.Hunt
Opacic
Capewell
Gagai
Su'A
Walker
Granville
Walters (simply because he is coming whether he should be or not)

Consider (depending on price, likely all wanting too much, not needed as much):
Valemei
Rudolph
Tolman
Taylor
Finucane
Mann
E.Lee
Jensen
Ferguson
Ikuvalu

We are doing what the knights were doing when they were picking up spoons (coincidently after bennet)..

They were relying heavily on their promising youth to get them out of the hole but it wasnt working. They lost many of their better players and it wasnt until they started getting some senior players from other clubs (picked up pearce, SKD, watson, guerra etc.). Not all great players but experienced players from winning clubs.

We may need to do the same thing. Even if they are not world beaters, we may need to get more baseline players and just accept it will be a more gradual turn around.

But that's the thing we didn't make walsh a priority signing offering only $250k , yet we wanted him to be our 1 as of next season.
I understand drawing a line in the sand but you can't just do it for the sake of it , and that's why I'm filthy is be it seems last man standing will get the job . He'll be loyal but is he any fucking good? There's a talent shortage of quality spine players but we let one of the best ones walk because we're taking the moral high ground.
But that’s the problem. It’s one thing to make him a priority signing but we don’t know what he is, he is all potential so it needs to be balanced. As I said identify your priorities and make them sensible offers but if they leave they leave. Paying half a mil for potential is why we are here.

I see a lot of parallels to the early rounds of last year, and it concerns me.

An optimistic start to the season followed by such a drop off in form that you wonder where any of the positives from the last game went.

An ageing and uninspiring captain that is only in the role due to lack of options (Boyd/Glenn)

A spine of Turpin (no bench hooker), Croft, Milford, and Isaako - that inexplicably fires game 1 (with some flaws apparent) only to immediately revert to total shit. No hooker depth but pressure for the coach to add Paix to bench. Isaako being so error prone that the backline will need to be shuffled to one of the other guys that also aren’t fullbacks. The halves being so bad that despite puffing your chest by not playing the talented child because he needs to develop that you’re now forced to go back on that stance and bring him into first grade - not because he’s ready, but because you need to drop one of the duds. What round are we predicting that Milford is shifted to fullback?

Young forwards playing way too many minutes and burning out, leading to more errors and defensive lapses destroying their confidence which only adds to the burn out.

No Haas due to dumb off-season scummery.

On going and dragged out negotiations with talented youth thanks to big money offers from other clubs.

Inexperienced coach already looking lost for answers in the press. Kev already subtly leaning on the bad cap management excuse, just like when the pressure began to build Seibold transitioned from stoic “it takes time for the systems to get in place” to “injuries and no q cup”.

Players bumping into each other, forwards getting the ball on the 5th, endless drop balls, Turpin not having a runner to pass to or struggling to link with halves, and other whacky shit.

I think the club needs to take their medicine. Set a deadline for players to re-sign by and push for any player who signs elsewhere to leave early and try to get some experienced players in instead. Begin making signings for next year. See what shape Widdop is in, ask Izzy if he’s willing to stay off social media for 6 months, enquire into whether the cowboys would like to get the 800k winger mostly off their books, (looks like we missed the boat) but see if Mann is still an option for this year, or Capewell.

1. Holmes / Folau
2. Mead
3. Farnworth
4. Niu
5. Coates
6. Widdop/Mann (C)
7. Dearden / Croft
8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10: Lodge
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. TPJ (VC)

14. Asiata
15. Haas
16. Bullimore
17. Hetherington

Valentine Holmes is from Townsville and his wife is from Townsville. They moved there because they and both their families are from there. He's not going anywhere apart from playing for the Cowboys for the next 5 seasons.

Last edited:
I’d love to have Bennett come back in a Cyril Connell-type role. Get Bellamy in as the coaching director, Bennett head of recruitment, Walters as coach, Matterson and Cartwright as assistants Donaghy as CEO and have the ex-players at training every week helping out. Imagine the culture that would create. We have money to spend.

I’d love to have Bennett come back in a Cyril Connell-type role. Get Bellamy in as the coaching director, Bennett head of recruitment, Walters as coach, Matterson and Cartwright as assistants Donaghy as CEO and have the ex-players at training every week helping out. Imagine the culture that would create. We have money to spend.

I'd love for 50 dollar notes to starting raining from the sky also.

I'd love for 50 dollar notes to starting raining from the sky also.
Thanks for your input. My point is we are a rich club and we need to start throwing that money at worthwhile people. I think Bennett would be a great recruiter and it seems like something he’s passionate about. The NRL are constantly bringing in rules to hinder us, but **** them. Spend the damn money to be the Broncos again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • mitch222
  • Viti
  • The Strapper
  • RodF
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Locky24
  • BRC088
  • Redfern_1980
  • Adammacca
  • levikaden
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • azza.79
  • Sproj
  • Evander
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.