Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone can.

Wouldn't be hard for him to open his emails and watch a video compilation of a player a junior staff has done though then go out there if the Broncos are competing for his signature to get them over the line. I doubt anyone would expect him to be a "traditional" scout, more like a figurehead and a sounding board.

Having said all this, we either get Bennett or bellamy. It'd be nice if we used our money and power to get both but we won't, and they won't work together unless it was ridiculous fifita-like overs
You could only have one.. those guys would never work together. In any case you’d only want one of them. Either you’re throwing the keys to Bellamy and doing it his way or likewise with Bennett.

Valentine Holmes is from Townsville and his wife is from Townsville. They moved there because they and both their families are from there. He's not going anywhere apart from playing for the Cowboys for the next 5 seasons.

Dont bank on it. His partner has a gym she runs with her sister in Townsville, yet he still left to play in Sydney, and he still went to the states to try his hand at NFL. If he gets stuck on the wing there, he will want out. He's pretty much said he only went to the Cowboys to play fullback.

Dont bank on it. His partner has a gym she runs with her sister in Townsville, yet he still left to play in Sydney, and he still went to the states to try his hand at NFL. If he gets stuck on the wing there, he will want out. He's pretty much said he only went to the Cowboys to play fullback.
Not sold on Holmes at FB tbh. World class winger.

Problem is that there are probably 13-14 other clubs thinking the exact same thing that can offer competitive money. Are we more appealing as an option right now than any of those?

We have zero star power in our team to attract other players to play with. Thats a big problem. He's been mentioned a couple of times now, but like it or not the answer to our issue is Wayne Bennett. Give him the Broncos swansong he wanted. We get in a bloke who can actualy attract players. Players generally love playing for the bloke, look at him in Origin last year. I dont think he will make us title contenders, but he would get us back on track and if we work with him on a clear plan of succession it could set us up for years to come.

I'm not either if im honest, but he was looking better there for the sharks in his last year there.
He was but that was 3 years ago. No guarantee he will ever get back to the level he was pre NFL sojourn. Look at Jayne.

He was but that was 3 years ago. No guarantee he will ever get back to the level he was pre NFL sojourn. Look at Jayne.

Yeah but he is a complete idiot!

Val does need a solid injury free year behind him i think.

Would anyone take the Morris boys if they decided to go around again? Yeah they are getting long in the tooth but we could do with their experience and we're not exactly flush with quality backline options. Plus they're still going great guns!

Would anyone take the Morris boys if they decided to go around again? Yeah they are getting long in the tooth but we could do with their experience and we're not exactly flush with quality backline options. Plus they're still going great guns!
I’d drive them to Brisbane myself if they were willing to do a year with us...sadly retirement might seem less painful to them

Worth a thought but realistically can't see them pulling up stumps to move 900 kilometres up the road for only 1 year for what would be only a modest contract (250k - 350K?) and still risk getting caught up in a club that may still be a cluster ****.

Throw the cheque book at him and the captaincy. In fact I’d be offering captaincy to any top tiered player we go after.

Do we want to turn players away, no one wants to captain this shipwreck.

Do we want to turn players away, no one wants to captain this shipwreck
The other option is come play for us under captain carrigan or some other rookie that’s not ready. Not very appealing either way

Last edited:
Walsh may have set a record.

Suaalii was set to be on $600,000 a year before the ARU offered him a $1,000,000 before he 'somehow' ended up on less than all those offers at Sydney.
Seen the cars? The books have been cooked hard and heavy upfront with that one.

Yeah but he is a complete idiot!

Val does need a solid injury free year behind him i think.
Val needs to slim back a bit and he will be sharp again. He will almost unfortunately be stuck with no halves currently if he walks in. Half of his talented wasted.

If Walsh was offered the FB position in 2022, that means their long term plans mustn't include Isaako.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Dexter
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Tristan1990
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncs1459
  • mitch222
  • Stix
  • Mr Fourex
  • eggstar10
  • maddo
  • Gaz
  • teampjta
  • davidp
  • Jason Simmons
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.