Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, we may be stuck with him now.

I'm not so sure. I think we already have some better options at the club currently (note I am not saying long-term or elite, just better):

Staggs
Farnworth
Niu

Unfortunately, we may be stuck with him now.

God help us. To think we're at a point where a player has to stay in a side just for the quality of his goal kicking. At least De Vere had a few more arrows in his quiver than that.

Somebody needs to tell Isaako this isn’t touch football and to stop hopping and skipping around when he gets the ball and just run hard, it’s frustrating to watch.
If they’re going to persist with him, I’d like to see them utilise his boot when we are camped down our own end so he can get us some decent field position. Croft and Milford have terrible long kicking games so can’t be as bad as them.

Somebody needs to tell Isaako this isn’t touch football and to stop hopping and skipping around when he gets the ball and just run hard, it’s frustrating to watch.
If they’re going to persist with him, I’d like to see them utilise his boot when we are camped down our own end so he can get us some decent field position. Croft and Milford have terrible long kicking games so can’t be as bad as them.
Milford has a great long kicking game, it’s the unfortunate fact that game is controlled by his short IQ.

I'm not so sure. I think we already have some better options at the club currently (note I am not saying long-term or elite, just better):

Staggs
Farnworth
Niu
Definitely better options but KW may need to get isaako off the books somehow if he isn’t off contract at the end of the year. Not sure if there would be any takers though?

Definitely better options but KW may need to get isaako off the books somehow if he isn’t off contract at the end of the year. Not sure if there would be any takers though?

It is the problem with the vast majority of our established players though. Everyone wants our talented kids, no one wants our regular first graders. Very few of the +23s would make other starting sides.

Drop him to QCup and leave him there. He like many of the younger generation at our club, is the sort that sees himself as an NRL ‘star’. Languish in QCup for a while and he will instruct his manager to find a gig for him and will request a release from the Bronx.

I don’t see why the club struggles with this concept so much... Yes they have to pay him to play reserve grade, but their ego and “brand” won’t be able to accept it for long.

Last edited:
Drop him to QCup and leave him there. He like many of the younger generation at our club, is the sort that sees himself as an NRL ‘star’. Languish in QCup for a while and he will instruct his manager to find a gig for him and will request a release from the Bronx.

I don’t see why the club struggles with this concept so much... Yes the have to pay him, but they have to anyway...

Again, it's all about PR. It was the same story as Boyd last year and now we are gonna see it with Milford. The club doesn't like the optics of having 1 million dollars worth of salary cap playing reserve grade because they know the media will tear them a new asshole over it.

What they fail to grasp, is the media are going to tear us a new asshole anyway!

Arthars is playing fullback in Q Cup, scored a try. At least we have someone having a run there. Where's Cobbo?, signed elsewhere already?.

Karmichael Hunt has said he would like to make an NRL return with the Broncos.

He is 34 and hasn't played the game in 11 years so it's very likely not going to happen. But he is playing centre in the QLD Cup and if he kills it there, who knows?

Does not seem like a problem for other clubs to put their highly paid stars in reserve grade or to come off the bench for reduced mins.
Andrew Fifita can't crack the top grade while the likes of McGuire and Napa are playing in 20-30min stints off the bench.
I'm sure Kevie won't hesitate in the next fortnight or so, no-one is bigger than the team.

Does not seem like a problem for other clubs to put their highly paid stars in reserve grade or to come off the bench for reduced mins.
Andrew Fifita can't crack the top grade while the likes of McGuire and Napa are playing in 20-30min stints off the bench.
I'm sure Kevie won't hesitate in the next fortnight or so, no-one is bigger than the team.
This is the Broncos. Accountability doesn't exist here anymore.

Watching drinkwater tonight I think he’s a good target for next year

Reactions: Gaz
Gotta go hard for poopyhouse
1.papenhuyzen
6.staggs
7.dearden
9.turps with an impact bench 14

Last edited:
Watching drinkwater tonight I think he’s a good target for next year
Well he'd defs be an upgrade on Isaako. Doubt the cows would let him go considering they are losing Clifford next season.

Well he'd defs be an upgrade on Isaako. Doubt the cows would let him go considering they are losing Clifford next season.

he's off contract ... it may not be the Cowboys decision

Definitely an upgrade but I’m still not sold on him. He hasn’t done much to help the cows this season either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dexter
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • Griffo
  • Lurker
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KevieBurnerAccount
  • Aldo
  • johnny plath
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.