Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arthars is playing fullback in Q Cup, scored a try. At least we have someone having a run there. Where's Cobbo?, signed elsewhere already?.

Colts haven’t started yet.

Definitely an upgrade but I’m still not sold on him. He hasn’t done much to help the cows this season either.
I'm not sold either but he does have some nice ball playing skills and a decent boot, kinda reminds me of Moylan.

I thought Wayne should have been moved on (not in the way he was though for goodness sake) but now I feel there is no other way to get back on track. We need Wayne in a Mal type role more than ever. I would say Bellamy but he'll never come.

do we really want to go though this again in 12 to 24 months? we need to move on from Wayne (i would also not want Bellamy) ... we need to let Donaghy and Walters rebuild the club that Seibold crippled.

BTW, as ugly as the split between us and Bennett was, Bennett was not completely innocent in it. both sides share some of the blame of that split.

do we really want to go though this again in 12 to 24 months? we need to move on from Wayne (i would also not want Bellamy) ... we need to let Donaghy and Walters rebuild the club that Seibold crippled.

BTW, as ugly as the split between us and Bennett was, Bennett was not completely innocent in it. both sides share some of the blame of that split.

We do need to move on from Wayne, but we probably need Wayne here to help us move on from him. Still think we arent in the mess we are in now if he went on his own terms.

Also, he will attract players better than anyone else we have here right now. He is probably the perfect short term fix with the right planning to enable us to have a better long term future. We need the board and Bennett to work together with a clear plan for the future.

We do need to move on from Wayne, but we probably need Wayne here to help us move on from him. Still think we arent in the mess we are in now if he went on his own terms.

Also, he will attract players better than anyone else we have here right now. He is probably the perfect short term fix with the right planning to enable us to have a better long term future. We need the board and Bennett to work together with a clear plan for the future.

I think people massively over-estimate the pulling power both Bennett and Bellamy will have when they aren't the coach

I think people massively over-estimate the pulling power both Bennett and Bellamy will have when they aren't the coach

Wayne would be coach though the way i'm thinking. I'm thinking of him coming back as coach ( only if Walters fails miserably this year ) with the bloke who is going to take over from him working alongside him. I think we need to give him that swansong to get beyond the shadow he casts over the club. You only have to look at the Origin camp last year to see the impact he has on players. I dont think its a perfect solution, but i do think its probably the best one we can hope for. We just have literally no star power on the roster like in the old days to bring players here.

I get your point, I really do and I was of the same thinking when Wayne left but look at what has happened since. I don't often agree with @1910, but in terms of what he said about things having changed and clubs having the likes of Mal or even Cronk involved these days, this is the way it has gone.

Nolan has been an abject failure and I don't really want to go back to Wayne because as you said, he was not innocent in the split by any means but to reference the other, far better Nolan and his Batman trilogy, he is now the drawcard we deserve, we literally have almost nothing as it currently stands, even though I know you don't like to see it, it is the way it is.

I want Kevvie to succeed but I also think having Wayne here will help him. I don't think Wayne would want to undermine Kevvie, everyone likes Kevvie. I do think Wayne does know how to identify talent though and he still holds appeal to a lot of players, particularly so for Qlders after that series win last year. Bellamy will never come, so we NEED Wayne now sadly.

Last edited:
Niu is probably looking like a priority re-signing considering his versatility and the other guys off contract.

Last edited:
I thought Wayne should have been moved on (not in the way he was though for goodness sake) but now I feel there is no other way to get back on track. We need Wayne in a Mal type role more than ever. I would say Bellamy but he'll never come.
Doubt wayne would agree to that. He wants to coach above anything else. Was also offered a similar role before he was sacked and flatly rejected it.

Agree but it wasn't like the blame was 50/50. The vast majority of it goes to white and co. They started it with the half assed idea to get Bellamy (which he was never going to agree to and only used that to pump up his price with the storm). After that it just became a trainwreck with White the driver.

Wayne would be coach though the way i'm thinking. I'm thinking of him coming back as coach ( only if Walters fails miserably this year ) with the bloke who is going to take over from him working alongside him. I think we need to give him that swansong to get beyond the shadow he casts over the club. You only have to look at the Origin camp last year to see the impact he has on players. I dont think its a perfect solution, but i do think its probably the best one we can hope for. We just have literally no star power on the roster like in the old days to bring players here.
Wasn’t this exactly the plan with Demetrio?

Isn’t this currently happening at South’s with Jason having more and more responsibility?

Wasn’t this exactly the plan with Demetrio?

Isn’t this currently happening at South’s with Jason having more and more responsibility?
Pretty much. Makes perfect sense really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • ezpz
  • Culhwch
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Dexter
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosgirl
  • bert_lifts
  • Griffo
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.