Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would sign Adam Reynolds to partner Dearden. It’s plainly obvious now that whether we re-sign Dearden or not, the side needs experienced direction and Dearden needs a partner to take the heat while he learns how to be an NRL half. There’s a belief that Reynolds is injury prone, but he’s averaged 24 games a year over the last 4 years. He’s also gettable on a 3 year deal at probably 700k a year.

I would sign Adam Reynolds to partner Dearden. It’s plainly obvious now that whether we re-sign Dearden or not, the side needs experienced direction and Dearden needs a partner to take the heat while he learns how to be an NRL half. There’s a belief that Reynolds is injury prone, but he’s averaged 24 games a year over the last 4 years. He’s also gettable on a 3 year deal at probably 700k a year.
Shaun Johnson ??

Why did we never make a play for Widdop? Wasn't he super desperate to come back to the NRL? Probably could of got him for 300-400k if that was the case.

Why did we never make a play for Widdop? Wasn't he super desperate to come back to the NRL? Probably could of got him for 300-400k if that was the case.
Was asking a lot & his body is shot.

Seriously tho we must have money just sitting there I’m not sure what the play is atm

Who said he is? Coates only played origin because of a shortage of backs and has met with Bellamy. Don't get me wrong they all should be doing there time in ISC but in reality no one worth their salt won't hang around.

Fair points of course but you can already CLEARLY see the talent with Coates. Dearden is more of an educated hunch at present.

He’s another Milford, only older.

No he isn't. Statistically he has it over Milford in almost every category in recent years and performs far better under pressure. His problem is he is injury prone and you don't need that with our medical team.

Seriously tho we must have money just sitting there I’m not sure what the play is atm
Yeah , and that's what's so frustrating . I can't see a ear picture, it feels like it's going to be a wait and see what we're left with and go from there. I'm sure there's a plan but looks like it'll be awhile before it comes clear . I hate loosing talented juniors so think I'm going to take a hiatus.

No he isn't. Statistically he has it over Milford in almost every category in recent years and performs far better under pressure. His problem is he is injury prone and you don't need that with our medical team.
I meant with respect to playing style, he’s not the best game manager, his first instinct is usually to run. We need someone to direct the side around the park on every play.

yep got shit on by Mahoney last night. he's a 2RF/lock in a small body, a 80mn hooker he is not.
Pls I hope he goes to the Titans next year.
You guys ever hear of this hooker called Damian Cook? I hear he is really excellent... Maybe we should go after him???

Brandon Smith is easily the best hooker AVAILABLE...

Maybe we should throw offers at contracted players instead... Worked out pretty well every time we tried to sign Smith, Bellamy and so on, didn’t it?

You guys ever hear of this hooker called Damian Cook? I hear he is really excellent... Maybe we should go after him???

Brandon Smith is easily the best hooker AVAILABLE...

Maybe we should throw offers at contracted players instead... Worked out pretty well every time we tried to sign Smith, Bellamy and so on, didn’t it?
He’s not technically off contract, Melbourne want a player in return.

I said a while ago that it will get worse before it gets better
At this point, I don’t even care. The club is going nowhere with these so-called superstar kids. The whole lot can fucking leave as far as I am concerned. Just go out and sign some actual NRL players, please...

Blokes who can tackle, run, catch and maybe even say a word or two on the pitch...

He’s not technically off contract, Melbourne want a player in return.
Not for 2022 no. But from Nov.1 we can sign him for 2023 onwards and then negotiate. Maybe they’ll still want Milford? 🤣

Not for 2022 no. But from Nov.1 we can sign him for 2023 onwards and then negotiate. Maybe they’ll still want Milford? 🤣
Played like shit the other night and is looking for a payday of Cameron Smiths coat tails.

Played like shit the other night and is looking for a payday of Cameron Smiths coat tails.
One game, where he still played far better than Turpin has in most of his games...

I agree he is not an 80 min hooker, before you throw that one up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • GCBRONCO
  • john1420
  • Lostboy
  • Swordfish
  • Redfern_1980
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
  • Dash
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KickHaas
  • Evander
  • Wolfie
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.